PDA

View Full Version : Murphy's Comments

SÓC
11/02/2002, 10:26 AM
Murphy said in the Irish Sun-
"It is bitterly disappointing. We just cannot put the ball in the net at home and we have paid the penalty. Mind you we were the victims of some disgraceful refereeing."

Now everything that the Sun report has to be taken with a pinch of salt but what the hell is Gunther on about?

Benno deserved to be sent off, I thought the ref actually had a decent enough game.

Some people really cant stand Hartigol but I thought yesterday was the type of match where we needed a tall fella up front, Hartigol preformes well against the lower quality teams.

Ruairi
11/02/2002, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by SÓCcfc
Hartigol preformes well against the lower quality teams.

That's cause he's of "lower quality" himself!!! :D

pete
11/02/2002, 11:18 AM
I must say its tiresome to hear Murphy comlain about the refs EVERY week win or lose.

I'm sure theres a time & place for criticising the officials & doing so after every week doesn't exactely endear them towards you. However maybe its just the way the press report his comments.

I'm sure Limerick were up for the game 'n all but we still should be able to beat them with 10 at home! Tbhe cross used to be a fortress where away teams were unable to perform. I think thats well 'n truely gone now especially with Kilkennys win the cup there last season.

:(

niamh
11/02/2002, 11:37 AM
Is always complaining about something.

Gary
11/02/2002, 5:38 PM
Having just read the Echo, Murphy comments were those of a man who knows the end must be nigh. He blamed a 'few booing fans', and then went onto some diatribe about how he has worked the youth system so well and he has a UEFA 'A' coaching badge.

Well fair enough, his working of the youth set up is very admirable, and will/should pay dividends later on, however, that is no excuse for how we have been playing recently. The fact of the matter is, is that City have been dire for the last few months. The Early season mirage is a distant memory, and its about time LM stood up to his critics and tried to be not so predictable.

mouldymurphy
11/02/2002, 6:05 PM
dont forget the echo tonight the handful of supporters booing . no wonder liam there was only a handful of city supporters at the game :mad: :mad:

Troy.McClure
11/02/2002, 6:42 PM
Originally posted by GWA

The Early season mirage is a distant memory,

Thank fcuk, we were terrible until Brey!

Gary
11/02/2002, 6:45 PM
I actually meant the good run from the Pats match. I conveniently forgot the first 4 matches! :D

Deco
11/02/2002, 9:45 PM
Whats pis*ing me off is Murphy keeps on blaming everything but himself .He blames the fans, the ref, the pitch. He'll blame the tea at half time next.Resign before you drive me to Suicide.
MURPHY OUT

fonzi
12/02/2002, 12:25 PM
Murphy out!!!!!!!!!!!
Ronald Mc Donnald in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

at least that dope smiles from time to time