Ezeikial
22/04/2018, 10:56 AM
Premier Division
27 Apr WATERFORD FC V SLIGO ROVERS
27 Apr ST. PATRICK'S ATH V BOHEMIANS
27 Apr DERRY CITY V SHAMROCK ROVERS
27 Apr CORK CITY V DUNDALK (7.15pm)
27 Apr BRAY WANDERERS V LIMERICK

30 Apr SHAMROCK ROVERS V CORK CITY (8pm)
30 Apr SLIGO ROVERS V BRAY WANDERERS
30 Apr LIMERICK V DERRY CITY
30 Apr DUNDALK V ST. PATRICK'S ATH
30 Apr BOHEMIANS V WATERFORD FC

First Division
27 Apr UCD V WEXFORD
27 Apr GALWAY UNITED V COBH RAMBLERS
27 Apr DROGHEDA UNITED V SHELBOURNE
28 Apr CABINTEELY V ATHLONE TOWN (7pm)
28 Apr LONGFORD TOWN V FINN HARPS (7.30pm)

There are some cracking matches scheduled for next weekend

Obviously Cork V Dundalk on Friday night is likely to attract most attention for obvious reasons, but both Shamrock Rovers matches (away to Derry & home to Cork) are also absorbing

Waterford will also see it as being a great opportunity to close the gap on the teams above them

There are also some big clashes in the lower end of the table where Bray meet Limerick and then Sligo. St Pats get a chance to figure out if their season is likely to have a European flavour, while for Bohs they will look to put some distance between them and the teams below them

patrickccfc
25/04/2018, 5:59 AM
After the last few results, the last thing Stephen Bradley needs is to have the next two games against Derry and Cork. I don't think he can afford to lose both

Pablo Escobar
25/04/2018, 6:56 AM
As a football fan, this Cork City -v- Dundalk game is what we do it all for. I absolutely cannot wait to get to Turners Cross on Friday. The atmosphere will be fantastic I would think.

Ezeikial
25/04/2018, 8:03 AM
John Caulfield Press Conference Pre- Dundalk 24.04.18

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIhcYbiaPMg&feature=youtu.be

Gearoid Morrissey Press Conference Pre - Dundalk 24.04.18

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjpT9GFtHa4

Mr A
25/04/2018, 11:20 AM
I hope Mark McNulty says something mental and then loads of mental stuff happens in the game.

sbgawa
25/04/2018, 4:12 PM
Football is gas ,,,win against Derry on Friday and it'll be "we can beat Cork and then we have a few handier matches" lose and it'll be the end of the world.

Cork Dundalk is harder to call then ever.
Dundalk look so much more impressive as a team but Cork keep getting results.....

Longfordian
25/04/2018, 6:02 PM
It’s only occurred to me now but why are they playing a round out of sequence in the First Division this weekend? This should be our second game against Harps. I’d have thought that as we are supposed to have completed a round of games the sequence would start again and we’d be away to Cobh, then home to Harps but it’s the other way around. It’s bringing out some OCD tendencies in me.

total hoofball
25/04/2018, 6:48 PM
It’s only occurred to me now but why are they playing a round out of sequence in the First Division this weekend? This should be our second game against Harps. I’d have thought that as we are supposed to have completed a round of games the sequence would start again and we’d be away to Cobh, then home to Harps but it’s the other way around. It’s bringing out some OCD tendencies in me.
I definitely remember once before in the premier division sequences of games were swapped one week early/one week later

FAI probably do it for the craic to annoy fans with OCD

Charlie Darwin
25/04/2018, 11:00 PM
They did the same for the Premier - no idea why they've done it.

Briuk
26/04/2018, 5:51 AM
they did it in the premier because there were international matches scheduled in Tallaght and the RSC over that weekend. I have no idea why they are doing it with the first this time

EAFC_rdfl
26/04/2018, 10:55 AM
International wrestling match planned for Finn Park? International tiddly winks for the UCD bowl?

dejadem
26/04/2018, 11:19 AM
International wrestling match planned for Finn Park? International tiddly winks for the UCD bowl?

'Run in the Dark' in United Park

HarpoJoyce
27/04/2018, 1:11 PM
SSE Airtricity League, Fri 27th April
UCD AFC v Wexford FC, UCD Bowl, ko 19:45

Top of the table UCD with Georgie Kelly on great form, 8 League goal, 5 in the last two games. Wexford scored 7-0 in their last match. It'll be a great game with UCD Players on the top of their form. All Football Fans welcome.

UCD AFC Media Officer Conor McCarthy with Press Release for tonight's match.

http://ucdsupporters.ie/blog/2018/04/27/ucd-afc-press-release-ucd-v-wexford/

NeverFeltBetter
27/04/2018, 6:28 PM
I don't know what the actual rules are exactly, but proper annoyed by the line of "Vote No" canvassers allowed either side of the entrance turnstile to Carlisle. Be nice to get away from the referendum for an hour and a half.

NeverFeltBetter
27/04/2018, 7:36 PM
Not the best game at the Carlisle. No shots on target, Bray skied a penalty. Limerick look like they're waiting for the Bray defence to score an own goal.

nigel-harps1954
27/04/2018, 7:47 PM
Enjoying the game in Turners Cross. Pitch is in awful shape though.

sbgawa
27/04/2018, 8:40 PM
Should have got 3 points in Derry tonight. Much improved performance......

NeverFeltBetter
27/04/2018, 8:43 PM
Hard fought win in the Carlisle. Bray fluffed so many chances.

micls
27/04/2018, 8:52 PM
Fantastic result for us, but more exciting was the performance of our incredibly young and inexperienced backline. Huge amount of pressure on them tonight, none of them played last season. We were told Horgan was first division standard and Duffy would destroy him, the two centre halves are u 21 with a handfuls of starts between them, and Danny Kane played his first senior game this week. Take a bow lads, absolutely brilliant.

Well taken finish from Gearóid too when the chance came.

Nothing better than seeing us win in a full Turners Cross.

SeanDrog
27/04/2018, 9:11 PM
Very enjoyable game in Utd Park (1-1) - felt a draw was a fair result. Shels are the strongest I’ve seen this year, physically strong and well organized. I think they have a great chance of getting promoted.

The 1st div is very competitive this year , I’m really enjoying it.

White Horse
27/04/2018, 9:28 PM
Horrible game to lose, to be honest. We weren't great but were the better team and played whatever football there was.

Very poor game of football for any watching neutrals.

oriel
27/04/2018, 9:29 PM
I think Dundalk deserved a draw tonight but Cork were definitiey the better side in the second half.

I think we were possibly unlucky not to get something from the game Looking back I think we were very poor upfront, nice moves but nothing at the end of.

The game was there to be won in the first half, Dundalk hitting the post twice in that period, Cork did hit the bar but scored following that move, decent strike by Morrissey.

The pitch was very poor, and very obvious even on tv that it wasn't watered, amazing scene in the first half with two Cork players looking at Benson doing the groundsman job by stamping on a massive divot. Such a fantastic ground, yet allowing the pitch to be in an unperfect state.

One win each now, 2 games remaining between the two, you'd probably think these games will have a huge bearing on the league. Then again next games always the most important.

Real ale Madrid
27/04/2018, 10:00 PM
but were the better team

Same as the cup final.

mcgonigle
27/04/2018, 10:02 PM
I think Dundalk deserved a draw tonight but Cork were definitiey the better side in the second half.

Any Dundalk fan I've spoken to, myself included are still scratching our heads trying to figure out how we lost that, so this is an interesting difference of opinion.

Other than scoring, what makes you think Cork were the better side in the second half?

Real ale Madrid
27/04/2018, 10:03 PM

I think we were possibly unlucky not to get something from the game Looking back I think we were very poor upfront, nice moves but nothing at the end of.

The game was there to be won in the first half, Dundalk hitting the post twice in that period, Cork did hit the bar but scored following that move, decent strike by Morrissey.

The pitch was very poor, and very obvious even on tv that it wasn't watered, amazing scene in the first half with two Cork players looking at Benson doing the groundsman job by stamping on a massive divot. Such a fantastic ground, yet allowing the pitch to be in an unperfect state.

One win each now, 2 games remaining between the two, you'd probably think these games will have a huge bearing on the league. Then again next games always the most important.

Poor weather and a crazy amount of games on the pitch is the reason. Had 3 women's U19 qualifiers there lately, the 2 games last week, Primary schools finals. It's not bad too often given the use it gets.

oriel
27/04/2018, 10:27 PM
If that's the case of so many games, the pitch needs extra attention and certainly could do without kids half time matches.

The other thing I can't understand is Cork are paying a significant rent for TC to the MFA, they get a fantastic stadium, does this not include professional pitch maintenance ?

El-Pietro
27/04/2018, 10:48 PM
Strange how often Dundalk are the better team and go home with no points. Odd really.

Crosshead
27/04/2018, 10:53 PM
Kenny blaming the pitch is classic bitterness out of him. He hasn't won in the Cross in three years, was the pitch to blame for all those losses too?

It was a game either side could have won to be honest. Dundalk are much more direct than last year, long balls from Rogers to Hoban and long throws into the box. Our young back line was immense in handling it though.

TonyD
27/04/2018, 10:55 PM
Bohs with the ref to think for their point tonight.

El-Pietro
27/04/2018, 10:57 PM
. Our young back line was immense in handling it though.
23, 20, 21, 21. Horgan the only one with more than 15 league starts under his belt before tonight. Less than 25 between the other three and none for Kane.

Dalymountrower
27/04/2018, 11:35 PM
Because he sent Brennan off for a second yellow for diving?
Clear handball he waived away for Bohs second half
Tomas Connolly is a diehard Pats fan, should have recused himself from reffing the match.
Deserved point,,
A lot of good young players from both sides tonight, unfortunately an equal number of lumbering oafs who can't pass a ball.

Nesta99
27/04/2018, 11:42 PM
Kenny blaming the pitch is classic bitterness out of him. He hasn't won in the Cross in three years, was the pitch to blame for all those losses too?

It was a game either side could have won to be honest. Dundalk are much more direct than last year, long balls from Rogers to Hoban and long throws into the box. Our young back line was immense in handling it though.

Do you think the pitch was ok?

It was certainly heavy and not secure under foot with both sets of players losing their footing. The look on Caulfields face when McCormack flattened Hoban - he thought he was going to walk for a moment and was very relieved looking when there wasnt any card. Doyle had a patchy performance in general with slips getting frees and trips getting nothing. Dundalk were awful in front of goal regardless of not getting the bit of luck with hitting the post. Gannon was a loss and may very well have handled the initial ball in that was spooned against the bar from 6 yards. Defenders had all been pulled toward wide not to be able to get to the shot and close it down.

disgruntled
28/04/2018, 12:41 AM

It was certainly heavy and not secure under foot with both sets of players losing their footing. The look on Caulfields face when McCormack flattened Hoban - he thought he was going to walk for a moment and was very relieved looking when there wasnt any card. Doyle had a patchy performance in general with slips getting frees and trips getting nothing. Dundalk were awful in front of goal regardless of not getting the bit of luck with hitting the post. Gannon was a loss and may very well have handled the initial ball in that was spooned against the bar from 6 yards. Defenders had all been pulled toward wide not to be able to get to the shot and close it down.

Pitch has been poor all season.
To many matches being played on it by the MFA.
Doyle should apologise to the 6700 who attended for his performance.
He was truly awful.
If that's the best referee the country can produce then God help us.

ToberonaTornado
28/04/2018, 12:47 AM
not out to hound the guy,(i'm involved in coaching myself) but we've spunked our dough on Connolly i reckon.
2 weeks running he comes in as sub and hardly has a touch.Fair comment.

Thought Dundalk were easily the better side 1st half.Should have crowned the edge we had with a goal and we almost did a few times.

The winner came from an uncharacteristic mistake at the back when the ball wasnt cleared and bit of footy and head tennis ensues and sees the ball fall to Morrisey and the keeper cant see it and the net rattles.
Fine finish

Dundalk ploughed on but never really threatened after the goal

Poor match.Poor pitch but the pitch was the same for both sides.

good luck to anyone deluded enough to think the league will be decided by the 4 games Dundalk and Cork will play.

Away to bed.....been a long day. **hic**

dundalkfc10
28/04/2018, 1:19 AM
We've heard he ye they before.

Literally just in the door, stayed in Cork for a pint after the game and had 2 quick pit stops for a pint on way home.

Left Dundalk at 2 arrived in Turners Cross at 6.50, unbelievable traffic (hope anyone who was in the accidents is ok)

Cork better team for 10/15 mins without doing anything, then we took control without really creating a clear cut chance.

Few chances both teams second half, Cork took there chance and fair play.

Still can never understand why LOI fans are kept back, kept back for 10 mins tonight and we left and walked straight into all the cork crowd leaving

gufcfan
28/04/2018, 1:26 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8i0wUCrhB4

Asterix
28/04/2018, 2:03 AM
Dundalk fans complaining about a pitch :confused:

dong
28/04/2018, 6:43 AM
Like a lot of games, the first goal is key.
Dundalk should have been more clinical and there wouldnt be a word about the pitch now.
They clearly ran out of ideas in the last 20 mins of the second half. Partly due to some fantastic defensive work by Cork it has to be said.
Good draw for us away to Waterford. Hard to believe we are still relying on Cretaro this season.

ToberonaTornado
28/04/2018, 7:25 AM
Dundalk fans complaining about a pitch :confused:

watch the match then deliver your verdict instead of taking cheap pot-shots here like most of your ilk.
You might add something to the conversation then.

Northsider
28/04/2018, 7:54 AM

That's a cop out on your behalf. The dive incident was too far down the other end for me to get a good view of it, so can't really comment. But if you're looking for a scapegoat look no further than your keeper who gifted us the first goal.

Thought we deserved a point and our lads deserve a lot of credit for keeping going until the end.

Crosshead
28/04/2018, 8:02 AM

It was certainly heavy and not secure under foot with both sets of players losing their footing.

I think it's seen better days, but has seen worse too.

I know, as you do going by your second sentence, that both teams have to play on it.

I also know that time and time again Kenny is slow to give us any credit and time and time again trots out some new excuse or equivocation when we beat him.

As Gavin McLaughlin tweeted last night, here's Dundalk's record since 2015 at the Cross: P8 W1 D2 L5 F6 A13

Was the pitch to blame all those other times too?

He's a very good manager, but a very sore loser. To be honest the excuses, the "better team lost" statement, and general bitterness make our wins that little bit more enjoyable.

sullanefc
28/04/2018, 8:24 AM
The look on Caulfields face when McCormack flattened Hoban - he thought he was going to walk for a moment and was very relieved looking when there wasnt any card.
What was more worrying was McGrath telling Whooobin to stay down and have another few rolls while the rest of the team surround the ref to get McCormack a card. Ye really have a cynical team. No doubt well coached in the dark arts.

Doyle had a patchy performance in general with slips getting frees and trips getting nothing.
He gave a few strange decisions but overall I felt he did well in not bowing to the Dundalk pressure.

sullanefc
28/04/2018, 8:28 AM
watch the match then deliver your verdict instead of taking cheap pot-shots here like most of your ilk.
You might add something to the conversation then.
Lol. Take a chill pill and relax. It's only a game of ball.

sullanefc
28/04/2018, 8:38 AM
I hear Brian Kerr had a rant about the half time entertainment and kids playing on the pitch. None of this has any bearing on the pitch. And what he should remember is that all those items at halftime entice kids to come back which grows our support. Averaging 5000 for games doesn't magically happen. He should look a bit closer to home.

Also it's been a crap winter with very little growth and TX gets a lot of non City matches this time of year.

SeanDrog
28/04/2018, 9:08 AM
Anyone slating the pitch surfaces at the moment clearly don’t cut lawns 😊

It’s be basically raining since August last year (well feels like it).

Also Cork has been hit worst for the rain since January. It’s a real credit to grounds staff that pitches are playable at all.

Good news- now it’s warming up a bit the grass is starting to grow and will help get the pitches back into normal order soon.

micls
28/04/2018, 9:29 AM
It's depressing to watch someone like Kerr have a go off kids playing at half time because of the pitch. The day we stop playing kids at half time to protect to pitch for the senior team is a sad day for the club.

The pitch was torn up during the week. The half time kids barely made a dent, it's not like it was significantly worse in the second half.

Those kids are the future of the club, and community involvement like this is why our crowds are getting higher and higher. Can you imagine telling a club full of kids and their parents after coming to the game that they wouldn't be playing? There's 60 people you'd never see in Turners Cross again.

TonyD
28/04/2018, 9:48 AM
That's a cop out on your behalf. The dive incident was too far down the other end for me to get a good view of it, so can't really comment. But if you're looking for a scapegoat look no further than your keeper who gifted us the first goal.

Thought we deserved a point and our lads deserve a lot of credit for keeping going until the end.

If it turns out it was a dive then I'll stand corrected, from where I was it looked like he was taken. You weren't getting back into it at 11 v 11, (in m view) so that decision changed the game. If he'd given a penalty then it was 3-0 and game over.

Having said that I was a bit disappointed with our substitutions. Thought Killian Brennan should have come on to get a hold of the ball in midfield.

outspoken
28/04/2018, 10:21 AM
Big fan of Kerr but that was just stupid. Thought his comments about Oriel recently were uncalled for too.

Crosshead
28/04/2018, 10:25 AM
It's depressing to watch someone like Kerr have a go off kids playing at half time because of the pitch. The day we stop playing kids at half time to protect to pitch for the senior team is a sad day for the club.

The pitch was torn up during the week. The half time kids barely made a dent, it's not like it was significantly worse in the second half.

Those kids are the future of the club, and community involvement like this is why our crowds are getting higher and higher. Can you imagine telling a club full of kids and their parents after coming to the game that they wouldn't be playing? There's 60 people you'd never see in Turners Cross again.

Spot on, the family enclosure and half time kids' kickabout does wonders for our young fanbase. City historically has had a patchy relationship with Cork clubs, the half time kickabout is a small gesture that helps keep things positive.

Ezeikial
28/04/2018, 10:37 AM
I don't know what the actual rules are exactly, but proper annoyed by the line of "Vote No" canvassers allowed either side of the entrance turnstile to Carlisle. Be nice to get away from the referendum for an hour and a half.

They need to open more turnstiles