PDA

View Full Version : Robbie Savage & Wales

pete
15/03/2005, 2:47 PM
I saw yesterday that Toshack omitted Savage from World Cup qualifying squad. Is he crazy?

Wales are hardly blessed with enough quality to omit Savage.

No surprise Savage announced retirement.

Toshack must be trying to make himself unpopular from start of new job.

:rolleyes:

Gary
15/03/2005, 3:04 PM
Wasn't Savage on of the players who was dead agaist Toshack getting the job in the first place?

This will have hardly endeared Toshack to the Welsh footballing public, or the FAW or the other players. Savage is one of the best players Wales have produced in a long time (apart from Gary Speed, Ryan Giggs and Mark Hughes).

M@ttitude
15/03/2005, 3:15 PM
He called savage and told him he'll be left out of the next two squads because he wanted to try something new, immediately Savage blurts out like a kid 'well i quit' and hangs up, rings the press in an act of temper and announces his retirement.. He's only thirty and still has alot left to offer, would have been alot more sensible to tell Toshack he doesn't agree with him, hang up softly, have a bit of a moan to the press and sit back and watch wales get hammered twice by Austria, obviously Toshack would eventually have to admit he was wrong when the people of Wales and the Welsh FA demand a recall.

drinkfeckarse
15/03/2005, 3:23 PM
If ever there was an example of an average player making millions from todays game and thinking he's something special:rolleyes:

There's nothing wrong with confidence but you need something to back it up :rolleyes: .....yeah you're world class Robbie, that's why you've been involved at the wrong end of the table all your life and that's why all the top teams came looking for you when you took the hump at Birmingham but you turned them all down to sign for Blackburn :rolleyes:

Muppet if ever there was one....

KK77
15/03/2005, 3:43 PM
might be better if Savage had said to Toshack fair enough your the boss its your decision and then go out and work hard and make it impossible for Toshack to leave him out of the next squad.

Lionel Ritchie
15/03/2005, 4:40 PM
If ever there was an example of an average player making millions from todays game and thinking he's something special:rolleyes:

There's nothing wrong with confidence but you need something to back it up :rolleyes: .....yeah you're world class Robbie, that's why you've been involved at the wrong end of the table all your life and that's why all the top teams came looking for you when you took the hump at Birmingham but you turned them all down to sign for Blackburn :rolleyes:

Muppet if ever there was one....

exactly. I think Toshack is wrong btw but it's Toshacks perogative who he wants to pick. He also had the manners to phone the baba before the squad was announced.

Green Tribe
15/03/2005, 5:35 PM
he is a brat, but i was looking forward to him acting the brat against England, Northern Ireland and Poland. It is so hilarious. Will never see it again now.... :rolleyes: :D :D

pete
15/03/2005, 8:25 PM
Afaik Wales have world cup qualifiers coming up. What manager "tries something new" in a competitive match?

ColinR
16/03/2005, 8:23 AM
Afaik Wales have world cup qualifiers coming up. What manager "tries something new" in a competitive match?

well, in fairness wales have no hope of qualifying after the start to the group that they had, so i' imagine toshack wants to give the new lads a bit of competitive experience, before the qualifiers for euro 2008 which should be his realistic aim

4tothefloor
16/03/2005, 1:48 PM
John 'when I was at Real Madrid' Toshack is a bit of a know-it-all, and a very condescending person. He talks down to people, just watch him on TV3. He talks as if Bonner and Lawernson know nothing about football. I'd imagine he's no different when dealing with players, he'll take Wales nowhere.

As average as Savage may be, Wales need him like we need Keane. Maybe Toshack the great is planning on lining out himself?

sadloserkid
19/03/2005, 11:21 AM
As average as Savage may be, Wales need him like we need Keane.

Little argument with that really. They're both muppets to be honest but Toashack has more to lose than Savage does.

ciaran76
20/03/2005, 8:32 AM
As average as Savage may be, Wales need him like we need Keane. Maybe Toshack the great is planning on lining out himself?

Total agreemenet on that statement. Toshack i agree seems to think he knows it all which is very annoying. Doesn't he know i know more then him ? :p