Wexford 6-0 Athlone.

No wait - 7-0.

Poor, poor Athlone.

Partizan
20/04/2018, 8:39 PM
Waterford 3 - 0 Bray W. FT result.

micls
20/04/2018, 8:43 PM
2-2 in Oriel. Fantastic result for Derry.

Currently 2 nil to City in Dalymount.

El-Pietro
20/04/2018, 8:45 PM
Comfortable win for City against Bohs without playing well. Watts looks very good.

El-Pietro
20/04/2018, 8:47 PM
Bradley sacked in the morning?

micls
20/04/2018, 8:47 PM
Limerick have equalised in Tallaght!

NeverFeltBetter
20/04/2018, 8:58 PM
Limerick scored a goal! The prophecy has been fulfilled!

ger121
20/04/2018, 9:20 PM
That’s the difference at the top. Play below par and still do enough to win.

CorribsideSteve
20/04/2018, 9:28 PM
Shamrock Rovers either win or lose, so at least they got a draw. Not an easy game for them next week though against a Derry team that were behind twice against Dundalk and drew. Cork were in 2nd gear, but Watts for Bohs looks like a really good talent. Waterford still impressing a third of the way in, 8 wins out of 12 is dream stuff.

White Horse
20/04/2018, 9:39 PM
Two points dropped by Dundalk. Should have been well in front at half time, but a combination of poor decisions in the final third and a soft penalty meant Dundalk only had a one goal advantage at half time.

The game became very scrappy in the second half as Derry succeeded in disrupting Dundalk's pattern of play. A whistle happy referee played a part in disrupting the game too.

Derry worked very hard for their point but Dundalk's killer instinct was absent tonight.

Longfordian
20/04/2018, 9:40 PM
Wexford 6-0 Athlone.

No wait - 7-0.

Poor, poor Athlone.

Having seen Wexford in one of the rare games I get to...Jeeeesus.

jinxy lilywhite
20/04/2018, 9:43 PM
Thoroughly enjoyable game in oriel tonight.
Dundalk should have been out of sight by half time but some awful refereeing allowed derry back in.
Derry are a pretty good side and should be a tough text for the other big 2 cork and waterford

oriel
20/04/2018, 10:01 PM
I thought Dundalk were very good in the first half, but two sloppy goals really, the peno was clumsy and went to sleep for second, not sure we did enough in the second half to win the game. Disappointing outcome but I’d probably think a draw was a fair outcome.

Need to improve for next Friday night, and get Ronan Murray back into the side.

nigel-harps1954
20/04/2018, 10:44 PM
Finn Harps were terrible. Cabinteely were worse. A truly terrible game of football.

SwanVsDalton
20/04/2018, 10:56 PM
Really good game at Oriel tonight and a great, battling point from a Derry perspective.

Thought we made a pretty slow start and Dundalk took advantage. The first goal set the tone for some very poor defending in the first half - in truth, Dundalk looked like they'd score every time they went forward mostly due to our raggedness at the back.

But we really grew into the game as the first half went on and played some nice stuff, with our midfield really getting into the game. Thought the pen was a pen, even if it was 'soft' - contact in the box, it's a pen.

Absolute kick in the teeth to concede before half time, especially with more poor defending, but brilliant to see us get back into it in the second half. The rest of it was scrappy and handbaggy, but thought we were full value for a point.

Dundalk seemed a bit below par, especially on the ball going forward.

ToberonaTornado
20/04/2018, 11:26 PM
Dundalk's(& Derry sometimes) raggedness aided by the fussiest ref i've seen in oriel for sometime.:rolleyes:
Derry worth the point in the end but the ref(and i rarely blame a ref)was pulling us back for free-kicks for US when the obvious thing to do was play the damn advantage!!
He was fine 1st half but caught whistle fever 2nd one.
Enjoyable game overall though.

ToberonaTornado
21/04/2018, 1:09 AM
Classic KS ;)

Bill and Ben [and the flowerpot men] reference has me in stitches.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p064yksg

All joking aside = Ref was very poor folks :-(

Ezeikial
21/04/2018, 6:37 AM
Classic KS ;)

Kenny sees things that no one else can see.

Ref was atrocious, but the main game defining decision went Derry's way, with a soft penalty award. Gavin Peers red on 86 mins came too late to have much impact.

KS is right to point out that Hoare could easily have got a yellow in the first half but really OTT nonsense to suggest it could have been a red. KS was like a cartoon villain playing a slapstick comedy act on the sideline - entertaining stuff

Two points dropped from Dundalk's perspective

redarmyfaction
21/04/2018, 7:30 AM
Classic KS ;)

Plenty of peeps on here last year slating KS, those who said he was a comedian aren't laughing now, Derry have a quiet purpose about them and bad start aside are definitely in the top 3 this year.

Ezeikial
21/04/2018, 7:50 AM
Plenty of peeps on here last year slating KS, those who said he was a comedian aren't laughing now, Derry have a quiet purpose about them and bad start aside are definitely in the top 3 this year.

KS was hilarious in his madcap comments last year and perhaps even more so this year. He has a full-on comedy routine going-on and some of it would rival any pantomime.

This should not be confused with the reality that he is obviously an excellent manager who is developing an excellent side who play attractive football.

ToberonaTornado
21/04/2018, 8:08 AM
KS is the anti to any straight-on talk managers including our own or Lyttle etc...

Watching him on the sidelines last night was a show in itself.

Two fingers at one time to the home crowd and then to his own sitting in the OP stand :D

Got a belt of a line mans flag during the match as well.

He has his own thread here - what bigger tribute can we afford the guy?

He no clown indeed.

bennocelt
21/04/2018, 8:28 AM

could it be argued that this year the standard in the league has taken a slight dip? just for arguments sake like:)

White Horse
21/04/2018, 8:37 AM
KS is the anti to any straight-on talk managers including our own or Lyttle etc...

Watching him on the sidelines last night was a show in itself.

Two fingers at one time to the home crowd and then to his own sitting in the OP stand :D

Got a belt of a line mans flag during the match as well.

He has his own thread here - what bigger tribute can we afford the guy?

He no clown indeed.

It is pantomime stuff and it masks a quality he is bringing to Derry City.

Given the players they lost over the last number of seasons, it is a credit to him to have put together a good side. Not just that, they came to Oriel Park to play football.

There were a few controlled long passes into the body of Coffie, but mostly it was young lads trying to pass out from the back. At times it looked kamakazi football, and reminded me of Rossiter and Boyle when Kenny introduced a passing style into Dundalks game in 2013.

It will be a white knuckle ride for Derry fans this season, but no one will be bored.

total hoofball
21/04/2018, 8:42 AM
Athlone could do with Labuts and Sfrijan back to shore up that leaky defence

Longfordian
21/04/2018, 10:15 AM
Nobody would suspect anything in that team.

redarmyfaction
21/04/2018, 10:40 AM
could it be argued that this year the standard in the league has taken a slight dip? just for arguments sake like:)

No when we were knocking on the door in Paul Cook's time Matthew Blinkhorn and Danny Centre were key players, no harm to the lads but they wouldn't be on Johnny Caulfields robbing list.

Battery Rover
21/04/2018, 11:16 AM
Having seen Wexford in one of the rare games I get to...Jeeeesus.

The club I once knew and grew up with no longer exists. Almost 2 years since I've attended a game now. Time for committee to realise change is needed before it gets even worse.

SwanVsDalton
21/04/2018, 1:17 PM
It will be a white knuckle ride for Derry fans this season, but no one will be bored.

The commitment of playing it out from the back has caused the waiting list for Altnagelvin's cardio unit to almost double. Heart-in-mouth stuff at times. You're right, though, no boredom.

Good to see Kenny get a bit of credit around here. Obviously quite happy for him to wind everyone up to the max if we keep playing football and getting results in the manner we have.

As for last night's ref, he was fussy and made some weird decisions but, honestly, I thought he got most them right. The penalty, Peers red (doesn't matter if it was only two fouls, Kenny, if the two fouls were yellows) etc. Hoare's tackle looked super dodgy from where we were and definitely should have been a yellow but would need to see Soccer Republic to see if it was anything more.

Battery Rover
21/04/2018, 1:38 PM
The club I once knew and grew up with no longer exists. Almost 2 years since I've attended a game now. Time for committee to realise change is needed before it gets even worse.

Also we last won a league game on May 5th 2017 beating Cobh in Athlone Town Stadium 2 - 1.

Last competitive win and clean sheet was against Ballimcollig (0 -5) in the FAI Cup on 12th August 2017.

osarusan
21/04/2018, 2:01 PM
As somebody who hasn't really been following it, what is going on with Athlone? Are the committee well-intentioned but just incompetent? Or is there something else at play?

redarmyfaction
21/04/2018, 3:30 PM
As somebody who hasn't really been following it, what is going on with Athlone? Are the committee well-intentioned but just incompetent? Or is there something else at play?

Last I heard the die hards were boycotting games and another group of guys got barred, its a long way from AC Milan, and there but for the the grace of God go us all.

SeanDrog
21/04/2018, 7:46 PM
Cobh 0-4 Drogs h/t

patrickccfc
21/04/2018, 8:11 PM
Drogs 5 up in cobh. Thought cobh would kick on after last season and really challenge for promotion but hasn't happened.

SeanDrog
21/04/2018, 8:40 PM
Drogs 5 up in cobh. Thought cobh would kick on after last season and really challenge for promotion but hasn't happened.

Cobh 1-5 Drogs
Longford 0-2 UCD

Fulltimes

nigel-harps1954
21/04/2018, 9:40 PM
Any Drogheda fans able to shed any light on what happened with their bus tonight?

Nesta99
21/04/2018, 10:39 PM
Any Drogheda fans able to shed any light on what happened with their bus tonight?

Its lights fail? (or too many bulbs missing)

SeanDrog
22/04/2018, 8:37 AM
Its lights fail? (or too many bulbs missing)

Nah just the usual border checkpoint delays into Cork. No translators available ;)

SeanDrog
22/04/2018, 8:55 AM
Oh I see now what you’re relating to

https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1661046410651351&id=100002380232844&set=p.1661046410651351&source=47

Very strange situation

White Horse
22/04/2018, 9:02 AM
Oh I see now what you’re relating to

https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1661046410651351&id=100002380232844&set=p.1661046410651351&source=47

Very strange situation

All fans banned? Not just specified individuals who are banned from the ground?

If so, this must be against the league rules.

SeanDrog
22/04/2018, 10:13 AM
All fans banned? Not just specified individuals who are banned from the ground?

If so, this must be against the league rules.

Have to say I agree - they did not know who was on the bus etc - just a blanket ban. Very questionable approach IMO.

We had trouble with fans from different clubs over the years but didn’t ban them all!

And why not announce the decision before they travelled?

All very strange

Ezeikial
22/04/2018, 11:08 AM
Taken at face value, that seems bizarre.

I find it hard to believe that Cobh issued a blanket ban on all away fans, or even all fans travelling by bus. Perhaps the Gardai made a decision on that group on the day?

There must be more to this then suggested by that Facebook post

Nesta99
22/04/2018, 11:48 AM
Depending on the way you read it may not have been the journey wasted but the people on the bus.

Ezeikial
22/04/2018, 12:24 PM
Bradser describes his player performance as "excellent" and "brilliant"

Can you imagine what he will say if Rovers actually win another game this month?

“The good thing was that I thought the lads were excellent on the night.
“They responded really well in terms of how they played. They were really brilliant.

https://www.thesun.ie/sport/football/2474538/stephen-bradley-insists-shamrock-rovers-will-be-fine-despite-taking-one-point-from-their-last-four-premier-division-games/

nigel-harps1954
22/04/2018, 2:10 PM
Taken at face value, that seems bizarre.

I find it hard to believe that Cobh issued a blanket ban on all away fans, or even all fans travelling by bus. Perhaps the Gardai made a decision on that group on the day?

There must be more to this then suggested by that Facebook post

Turns out it was Drogheda who sent down word not to let the fans in.