PDA

View Full Version : Setanta matches on tv in edinburgh

ColinR
15/03/2005, 10:43 AM
chance my arm here, but does anybody know of a bar in edinburgh that would be showing the setanta cup (or the league matches on rte/setanta/tg4...) on tv???

paudie
15/03/2005, 12:25 PM
chance my arm here, but does anybody know of a bar in edinburgh that would be showing the setanta cup (or the league matches on rte/setanta/tg4...) on tv???

I doubt it. Setanta cup games aren't on Setanta UK, just Setanta Ireland.

Slash/ED
15/03/2005, 12:55 PM
An Irish bar would more than likely have Setanta Ireland though, so try and see if you get lucky.

Dazzy
15/03/2005, 3:53 PM
But is Chelsea not playing the night which most bars would be showing. It will be a long shot to find one showing the setanta match.

Slash/ED
15/03/2005, 4:29 PM
They might be able to put it on a small screen for you

Eitherway in the future pretty much any Irish bar would have an Irish sky viewing card which means they'd have TV3, RTE and TG4 and more than likely would have Setanta Ireland too, so you should be able to find a place showing the league matches for you.

dcfcsteve
15/03/2005, 5:54 PM
They might be able to put it on a small screen for you

Eitherway in the future pretty much any Irish bar would have an Irish sky viewing card which means they'd have TV3, RTE and TG4 and more than likely would have Setanta Ireland too, so you should be able to find a place showing the league matches for you.

Not necessarily. Sky has been clamping down on pubs not having the appropriate Sky cards/subs they're meant to be having. If they heard of one with an Irish Sky card - meaning it could breach the 'no live football at 3pm on a Saturday' rule that's in-place with the FA and SFA, then they'd act.

Get yourself an Irish Skycard, watch from the comfort of your own home and save yer liver.... :)