PDA

View Full Version : County Clare

Gibbe84
14/03/2005, 11:20 PM
I'm off there for a long weekend in a couple of weeks. Just wondering if there's anything to do there outside of outdoor activities and site seeking. I'm staying in a small place called Lisdoonvama near the Burren and cliffs. I like a good night out and a few beers. Just wondering where to head for. Also is there anywhere so great i'd be an idiot not to see? Sorry, but i'm clueless as none of us have ever been out there before.

Slash/ED
14/03/2005, 11:25 PM
The caves, of Father Ted "I don't believe it" fame are out there too and worth a look, I went out there last year, there's not much in terms of a good night out and a few beers as far as I could see tbf :D Mind you I only stayed for the one night.

Gibbe84
14/03/2005, 11:27 PM
Looks like i'm stuck in the hotel bar then :(

Oh well, i'm more out there spotting natural beauty than female beauties :D

striker
14/03/2005, 11:35 PM
Looks like i'm stuck in the hotel bar then :(

Oh well, i'm more out there spotting natural beauty than female beauties :D

Your grand the match maker is from their

Slash/ED
14/03/2005, 11:36 PM
Ah well if you like site seing and that kind of thing you'll like the trip. I had to go out last year because of the Leaving but it was good craic.

Gibbe84
14/03/2005, 11:39 PM
I'm not much of a site seer, but the people i'll be with our. Like most people appreciate something spectacular when I see it.

dcfcsteve
15/03/2005, 12:42 AM
I'm staying in a small place called Lisdoonvama.....

Gibbe84 - I didn't think there was an Irishman alive who hadn't heard of Lisdoonvarna. Either for its festival or because of Christy Moore. The way you mention it you'd think it was somewhere no-one was likely to have ever heard of. :o

"I'm off to the North for the weekend, staying in a small place called Ballymena....!" :)

noby
15/03/2005, 7:56 AM
For a night out, with something a little different, about 15 miles down the road in inagh is the Biddy Earley brew pub. They have some great beers, and while I've never been, I've heard it's a nice spot.

www.beb.ie

Gibbe84
15/03/2005, 10:03 AM
I'm not the festival going type to be honest. I listen to mostly reggae and hip hop, which is mainly underground stuff you won't get in concerts of even in magazines. Just from word of mouth.

I certainly go to the pub. I love trying local brews where ever I go.

Think the sea will be too cold to swim in this time of year?

noby
15/03/2005, 1:14 PM
Think the sea will be too cold to swim in this time of year?

Ever hear the saying:

"April and May, keep out of the sea"

(you have to say it in a bit of an accent for it to rhyme)

dcfcsteve
15/03/2005, 1:31 PM
Ever hear the saying:

"April and May, keep out of the sea"

(you have to say it in a bit of an accent for it to rhyme)

So December, January and February are fine so....? :D :p