PDA

View Full Version : Stepping down as a mod

Gary
14/03/2005, 7:32 PM
Due to the amount of rumour and innuendo being spread about me here and on other sites, I am stepping down as mod of Cork City and World football.

I am sorry that I am letting idiots get to me, but its been going on since November now, and I am tired of it.

Just to address a few matters -

I wasnt kicked out of FourFiveOne, I left due to not being able to devote as much time as is required anymore. The lads all know this, and if asked will tell you this. I wish the new lads all the best.

Regarding my supposed multiple posting. Well, I dont have the time nor energy, or imagination to even bother. Anyone who knows me, knows that. Thing is, those same people dont want to believe that. Im sorry you feel that way.

So thats me.
Cheers.

Green Tribe
14/03/2005, 9:30 PM
now u can relax and wind up the other mods like the rest of us :D :D ;)
well, thanks for all, u did well, i thought u were always fair. stay on the forum!!

:D

dahamsta
14/03/2005, 9:47 PM
I had no idea there was hassle and I've seen no mention of it here. Due respect, if you don't complain, we can't do anything about it. The same could be said for Conor74's unfortunate decision to leave Foot.ie altogether.

adam

SÓC
14/03/2005, 10:15 PM
Its shocking that its come to this, some people should be ashamed of themselves.

Fair play to Gary for being able to maintain his dignity through all of this

Éanna
15/03/2005, 1:31 AM
well done fúckwits. congrats.

WeAreRovers
15/03/2005, 10:14 AM
Conor74's unfortunate decision to leave Foot.ie altogether.

:confused:

When did this happen? I may often disagree with the mad kerryman but he's consistently one of the smartest, funniest and most provocative posters on here. :(

KOH

sligoman
15/03/2005, 12:43 PM
:confused:

When did this happen? I may often disagree with the mad kerryman but he's consistently one of the smartest, funniest and most provocative posters on here. :(

KOH

Here's why he left:
http://foot.ie/showthread.php?p=233927#post233927

thejollyrodger
15/03/2005, 2:13 PM
Its a fúcking disgrace :mad:

Green Tribe
15/03/2005, 3:48 PM
it is so childish, it is like he was bullied. i thought he was joking and that he would come back after a week. it was that chelsea fans thread that upset him. who would have thought chelsea would lead to that?? :eek: maybe he has signed back in under a new name? hope so! :D

dahamsta
15/03/2005, 4:21 PM
maybe he has signed back in under a new name?If he did I'd have to ban him. Rules is rules!

People seem to be missing the point: If other users are acting abusively on Foot.ie, or banned users have returned with new handles, they should be reported, publicly or privately. People are usually banned for good reason, why should we let them back in, to use our time and resources?

I think the user that highlighted Conor74's "poster attacks" had a valid point too, he looked pretty silly complaining that it was abuse that caused him to leave when that bunch of quotes were pulled together. I don't doubt he was attacked, but Conor's not exactly standoffish when it comes to an argument. I still think leaving was the wrong choice though, if not just plain silly.

adam

WeAreRovers
15/03/2005, 4:41 PM
I think the user that highlighted Conor74's "poster attacks" had a valid point too, he looked pretty silly complaining that it was abuse that caused him to leave when that bunch of quotes were pulled together. I don't doubt he was attacked, but Conor's not exactly standoffish when it comes to an argument. I still think leaving was the wrong choice though, if not just plain silly.

Having read back over the offending thread I'd have to agree. Conor is no angel himself when it comes to attacking posters and like I said he's brilliantly provocative - which I thought was the whole point. :confused:

Either way leaving is a wee bit OTT (unless he suddenly got himself a life, unlike the rest of us losers. ;) )

KOH

sligoman
15/03/2005, 4:48 PM
Dahamsta, any ideas on who is going to replace Gary as a mod on the world football forum yet? :o

Green Tribe
15/03/2005, 5:15 PM
i think it is not much to ask for people to behave on the forum and respect what the mods say(no, i am not licking a$$!!) There is no need to be spiteful and nasty to other posters(although a bit of banter is ok, if u know the other poster takes it in good humour) Why don't we all try to be more careful in future, anyone consistently acting it up will be told on.

sligoman
15/03/2005, 5:34 PM
He's online now

James
15/03/2005, 7:34 PM
me? i have experience. i can be serious when needs be....
NO sry gavin, wud much rather have gary not leave like.

sligoman
15/03/2005, 7:46 PM
me? i have experience. i can be serious when needs be....

Well you can have the Cork City forum but I would like the world football one ;)

pete
15/03/2005, 8:44 PM
Dahamsta, any ideas on who is going to replace Gary as a mod on the world football forum yet? :o

I think that'll have to be a closed session decision in the Mod forum...

dahamsta
15/03/2005, 9:05 PM
Gary will remain on as mod until Friday, we'll see what he has to say then.

Nominating youself as a mod is usually a good way of preventing yourself from becoming one. Ever.

adam

sligoman
15/03/2005, 9:12 PM
Nominating youself as a mod is usually a good way of preventing yourself from becoming one. Ever.

Sorry, it's just I have asked a lot of times and just really want to be one :D

GavinZac
16/03/2005, 11:31 AM

glad i never do that then.

GavinZac
16/03/2005, 11:32 AM
NO sry gavin, wud much rather have gary not leave like.

it appears he's left.

sligoman
16/03/2005, 3:57 PM
glad i never do that then.

Ah, I see you have deleted your nomination then :rolleyes:

dahamsta
16/03/2005, 4:10 PM
Aside from the fact that mods can still see deleted posts, it was quoted by other users twice...

tiktok
16/03/2005, 4:17 PM
I'll tell you what dahamsta

I nominate GavinZac for mod :D :D

GavinZac
17/03/2005, 7:27 PM
Aside from the fact that mods can still see deleted posts, it was quoted by other users twice...

it was a joke, you'd already read it like...

De Town
17/03/2005, 7:30 PM
THEY CALLED HIM FLIPPER, FLIPPER, FASTER THAN LIGHTNING, NO ONE YOU SEE, IS QUIKCER THAN HE
Quicker ;) :rolleyes:

GavinZac
17/03/2005, 7:40 PM
Quicker ;) :rolleyes:
:D :p

dahamsta
17/03/2005, 7:42 PM
He was looking for "queerer". Honest.

GavinZac
17/03/2005, 7:43 PM
He was looking for "queerer". Honest.

behave