PDA

View Full Version : The Masters 2018

Real ale Madrid
04/04/2018, 9:38 PM
Happy Masters Eve to all.

One of most anticipated in years. Tiger back, Rory winning and a whole host of contenders.

Very difficult this year but its a smaller than normal field and with 20-30 players either amateur or old fogies there is a bit of value to be found.

I'm doing 2 favourites and 4 long range punts.

Justin Thomas 10/1 1pt each way with CORAL (10 places)
Justin Rose 10/1 1pt each way with CORAL (10 places)

Thomas would win back to back majors if he does the business this week. Long hitter, great putter - 6 wins since this time last year - backed him last year but I think he is ready now.
Rose has an incredible record at Augusta without winning - T52 last week but if ever there was a horses for courses then he is it. His last 10 Masters reads 2, T10, T2, T14, T25, T8, T11, T20, T36 & T5. A solid chance.

Patrick Cantlay 75/1 1pt each way with Bet365 (8 places)
Kevin Chappell 100/1 1pt each way with Bet365 (8 places)

Cantlay WR35, was a superstar amateur who got injured soon after a stellar career in that fold. But has barely played a bad tournament since his comeback last year and is way overpriced for his talent.
Chappell WR39 is another who I think is overpriced. T7 last year after a decent first outing in 2016 - he won recently in Phoenix - the course with stadium 16th hole and looks in good form for a 100/1 shot.

Kiradesh Alphinbarnrat 150/1 1 pt e/w with Paddy Power (6 places ) Ante post
Jhonatthan Vegas 400/1 0.5pt e/w with Paddy Power (8 places )

I backed Alphinbarnrat a few weeks ago with PP at 150/1 6 places - if you shop around he is still way overpriced at 125/1. Top 20 last year, T5 in WGC Mexico and only beaten by eventual winner Bubba Watson at the matchplay. A flair player who will definitely be in the mix at Augusta some day.
Vegas I have no real reason except to say he is a top 50 player in the world priced up like a no-hoper, and his price sticks out like a sore thumb. 100/1 to get in the top 8 is worth a flutter.

Enjoy the tournament!