Fri Waterford V Cork City
Sat Sligo Rovers V Derry City

First Division
Fri Drogheda Utd V UCD
Fri Shelbourne V Athlone Town
Fri Finn Harps V Galway United
Fri Wexford V Cobh Ramblers
Sat Longford V Cabinteely

Some really interesting fixtures this weekend especially in the Premier Division where the top four clash - with 1st against 3rd and 2nd against 4th. There is also an opportunity for both Derry and St Pats to take advantage of any slip up ahead of them in the table. Bohs V Limerick also presents both teams with an opportunity to move away from the relegation area.

placid casual
04/04/2018, 7:44 PM
This must be like the run up to Christmas for you ezekial. :)

Ezeikial
04/04/2018, 8:58 PM

I've no doubt that you are also eagerly anticipating this weeks matches.

There's a chance for Rovers to go to 2nd in the table!

Dundalk daz
04/04/2018, 9:19 PM
Really looking forward to the game in oriel on Friday, should be a cracking atmosphere,hopefully plenty of goals and excitement, and seeing as it’s on tv another superb advertisement for the league.

Charlie Darwin
05/04/2018, 12:07 AM
I've no doubt that you are also eagerly anticipating this weeks matches.

There's a chance for Rovers to go to 2nd in the table!
We never said we could go second. In fact, we said we couldn't.

Yossarian
05/04/2018, 7:15 AM

It’s his cup final.

Ezeikial
05/04/2018, 9:40 AM
It’s his cup final.

I'm afraid we will get battered (Can you get battered and still win by a goal or two?)

El-Pietro
05/04/2018, 10:03 AM
I'm afraid we will get battered (Can you get battered and still win by a goal or two?)

Of course. Sure Rovers battered us last year. They even hit the bar.

Trainee
05/04/2018, 10:28 PM
Rain could affect games tomorrow. Expecting upto 50mm of rain in South of country so waterford v Cork & wexford v Cobh could be called off if rain is as bad as expected.

osarusan
06/04/2018, 6:47 AM
What is the weather like in Dublin? Rained all night in Limerick.

pineapple stu
06/04/2018, 7:26 AM
Just drizzle at the moment. To get heavier later on, but stop by evening I think.

I'd say the deciding factor will be how bad the pitches were hit earlier in the week and how much they've recovered in the meantime. The rain now is nothing to worry about, but a pitch unplayable on Monday may still be bad today

Ezeikial
06/04/2018, 10:35 AM
I've never considered Daniel McDonnell naive, but I am struggling to get how he concludes there is any indication of Rovers taking a positive approach tonight based on the quote he has reproduced in his Indo piece

Meanwhile, Rovers manager Stephen Bradley has promised a positive approach from his side as they seek to become the first team to score against Dundalk this season.

"We just have to play to our levels. If we do that we're good enough to create chances against any team in the league," said Bradley, whose side have suffered three defeats in their four away games to date.
https://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/league-of-ireland/waterford-aim-to-be-treated-seriously-in-topfour-battle-36779948.html

I expect Rovers will create chances and maybe even score, but I certainly don't expect a positive approach.
I fully expect Rovers to take a cautious attitude. be physical and hope to get a goal from counter attacks, route one ball or set-pieces.

osarusan
06/04/2018, 11:07 AM
Just drizzle at the moment. To get heavier later on, but stop by evening I think.

I'd say the deciding factor will be how bad the pitches were hit earlier in the week and how much they've recovered in the meantime. The rain now is nothing to worry about, but a pitch unplayable on Monday may still be bad today

What was it like on Monday, anybody? It was playable then anyway at least. Any Bohs fans think it might be called off?

sbgawa
06/04/2018, 11:13 AM
id imagine it was a reflection on the entire conversation rather than that specific line about creating chances, McDonnell is anything but naïve.
We will see tonight I guess.
Hopefully it will be a good game that makes the league look good.

MattB11
06/04/2018, 11:42 AM
Pitch inspection at 1pm for finn park

Dalymountrower
06/04/2018, 11:43 AM
What was it like on Monday, anybody? It was playable then anyway at least. Any Bohs fans think it might be called off?

Raining heavily in North Dublin for the last two hours, due to ease off and then be dry from 3 pm. If there`s 4 hours of drying, Dalymount should be OK as it drains pretty well, but if a ref was to call it now , I would say it it would be off.

pineapple stu
06/04/2018, 11:51 AM
Game in Dalymount went ahead on Monday, unlike other pitches (Richmond Park was unplayable for one), but the pitch was heavy enough.

nigel-harps1954
06/04/2018, 12:07 PM
Game off in Finn Park.

Ezeikial
06/04/2018, 12:16 PM
id imagine it was a reflection on the entire conversation rather than that specific line about creating chances, McDonnell is anything but naïve.

There is a larger piece of the interview on the Shamrock Rovers site (https://shamrockrovers.ie/2018/04/05/team-news-away-v-dundalk-06-04-2018/) but still nothing from Bradley to indicate that Rovers will take a "positive approach"

Greg Bolger offers a more realistic assessment

“The aim for us, the same as every game, is to try and get three points but I don’t think a draw would be a bad result either,” Bolger says. “We drew with them at our place so there’s nothing between the teams. We’re going there in good spirits and if we can perform well I think we can get a good result. But everyone will need to be 8/10, 9/10.”
http://www.the42.ie/greg-bolger-interview-april-2018-3940062-Apr2018/

ForzaForth
06/04/2018, 12:27 PM
Wexford's game against Cobh is going ahead tonight according to the club's website.

dundalkfc10
06/04/2018, 12:37 PM

Hopefully if Rovers score the cameras will keep away from their fans pitch invasion (looks bad) which usually happens, still laugh when I think of them on the pitch in Tallght after a goal the night Richies penalty won the league.

Ezeikial
06/04/2018, 1:01 PM
Better than 5/1 available on a Rovers win tonight (28/5 with Marathon). That seems very generous, although almost tripling your money for a draw is a tad more realistic (143/50 with Marathon). Not much of a return in 4/6 odds on a Dundalk win
https://www.oddschecker.com/football/ireland/premier-division/dundalk-v-shamrock/winner

oriel
06/04/2018, 1:22 PM
Hopefully if Rovers score the cameras will keep away from their fans pitch invasion (looks bad) which usually happens, still laugh when I think of them on the pitch in Tallght after a goal the night Richies penalty won the league.

That was good alright, but nothing compared to 'umbrella man' on the pitch running at the Pats fans in Richmond Park, must be 5 + years ago now.

brendy_éire
06/04/2018, 1:37 PM
Game off in Finn Park.

Not terribly surprising, the pitch wasn't in the best of states on Monday night and it's been a miserable oul day here.
Pity, as it's one of the few Harps game I could have made, with us playing tomorrow.

No concerns for the pitch in Sligo tomorrow, nah?

nigel-harps1954
06/04/2018, 3:16 PM
Not terribly surprising, the pitch wasn't in the best of states on Monday night and it's been a miserable oul day here.
Pity, as it's one of the few Harps game I could have made, with us playing tomorrow.

No concerns for the pitch in Sligo tomorrow, nah?

Hasn't stopped raining without any decent break in weather since yesterday evening. Huge puddles of water on the pitch. Most of it would drain off alright with all the drainage work done last year, but you'd still be left with a pitch in very poor condition. Right call made. The inspection lasted all of two or three minutes before the guy comes up into the clubhouse and says "it's grand alright, if you want a game of water polo".

Nightmare for us though, that's our fourth postponement of the year already and two home games to be refixed for weeknights against Longford and Galway now.

sbgawa
06/04/2018, 3:29 PM
There is a larger piece of the interview on the Shamrock Rovers site (https://shamrockrovers.ie/2018/04/05/team-news-away-v-dundalk-06-04-2018/) but still nothing from Bradley to indicate that Rovers will take a "positive approach"

Greg Bolger offers a more realistic assessment

http://www.the42.ie/greg-bolger-interview-april-2018-3940062-Apr2018/

I think you are over analysing this....I doubt McDonnell decided to make it up that Bradley promised a positive approach ....maybe he did

Ezeikial
06/04/2018, 4:07 PM
I think you are over analysing this....I doubt McDonnell decided to make it up that Bradley promised a positive approach ....maybe he did

No over analysis at all, just this

I've never considered Daniel McDonnell naive, but I am struggling to get how he concludes there is any indication of Rovers taking a positive approach tonight based on the quote he has reproduced in his Indo piece

Charlie Darwin
06/04/2018, 4:37 PM
If anybody would know what Bradley is thinking at any given moment, it'd be Ezekiel.

micls
06/04/2018, 7:00 PM
We're 1 up in waterford. Dundalk rovers is a good game so far.

Ezeikial
06/04/2018, 7:28 PM
Right now Bradley is thinking Rovers are the better team

micls
06/04/2018, 7:37 PM
Not much in it. Both teams have had their spells. Bradley would be the happier I'd imagine.

GCdfc
06/04/2018, 7:46 PM
Not much in it. Both teams have had their spells. Bradley would be the happier I'd imagine.

Not at this moment in time, but that may change.

MattB11
06/04/2018, 7:53 PM
Jesus that rovers keeper

pineapple stu
06/04/2018, 7:54 PM
What a shocking goal.

Commentators rightly giving out about the keeper, but don't know why the defender left it either. Communication problems for sure.

GCdfc
06/04/2018, 7:54 PM
Or at this moment ;)

GCdfc
06/04/2018, 7:55 PM
Jesus that rovers keeper

Jesus, Mountney's haircut!

Longfordian
06/04/2018, 8:08 PM
Bray going well again I see. I think Athlone might fancy their chances against them at this stage.

redarmyfaction
06/04/2018, 8:12 PM
Entertaining second half on the plastic.

redarmyfaction
06/04/2018, 8:19 PM
I expect one then will score before the end.

CorribsideSteve
06/04/2018, 8:29 PM
Another bad night for Shamrock Rovers. Their keeper is Junior/Amateur level at best. Haven't seen such a poor one in the PL for a long time.

GCdfc
06/04/2018, 8:31 PM
Another bad night for Shamrock Rovers. Their keeper is Junior/Amateur level at best. Haven't seen such a poor one in the PL for a long time.

Long may he be their first choice.

pineapple stu
06/04/2018, 8:34 PM
Isn't that a different keeper to earlier in the season?

Sava's not great either tbf.

Waterford beating Cork is mad.

Surprised at just how bad Bray are.

SeanDrog
06/04/2018, 8:42 PM
Good result tonight 2-0 Drogs v UCD , makes last weeks slip up even more annoying though ... Cab seem to be a bogey team for us!

Top of the table on goal diff.

CorribsideSteve
06/04/2018, 8:45 PM
for you guys - 100%. Two goals gifted to ye directly from him. I wonder what happened to Chechinski. He's having a nightmare and should be taken off 1st team duties till he has some confidence.

brendy_éire
06/04/2018, 8:50 PM
What the feck went on at the RDS? Six sendings off?!

Nesta99
06/04/2018, 9:09 PM
Caulfield keeping his head happened.......

White Horse
06/04/2018, 9:19 PM
Tough game in Oriel. Hard fought three points. I thought we looked good going forward but composure at the back deserted us.

Rovers might well have got something out of the game.

Chaos in Waterford. What was Caulfield doing on the field of play?

sulywaterfordfc
06/04/2018, 9:21 PM
Huge win, massive crowd.

6 reds were the result Caulfields actions, he’s a disgrace should get a big ban.

Dreamland start, 20 ahead of bottom incredible stuff

WoodquayBoy
06/04/2018, 9:35 PM
Horgan was only good enough for a place on the bench for us, with Conor Winn ahead of him in the pecking order. Conor Winn ffs. That should tell you all you need to know about Horgan’s abilities as a goalkeeper.

GCdfc
06/04/2018, 9:39 PM
Sava's not great either tbf.

I doubt you'll have any Dundalk supporters disagreeing. I'd liked to have seen Ross Tracey between the posts.