PDA

View Full Version : Tribune yesterday

paudie
14/03/2005, 12:25 PM
The Tribune yesterday had a small interview with Dermot Keely mostly about "the good old days" when centre halves were real men.

No fixtures for the first week of the new season, apart from two Premier Division games which were in the First Divison section of the Irish League fixtres for some reason.

Nothing at all about the Setanta Cup

BohDiddley
14/03/2005, 1:16 PM
Last time I checked, the position of the Tribune on Irish football amounted to that pathetic old baloney about how we might as well give up and do a Dublin Utd etc.
They weren't quite arguing that football should be proscribed in this country, just that it be strangled slowly. Let's hope the new prize money (for which the FAI should be given credit) is the start of a process to prove them wrong.

pete
14/03/2005, 1:47 PM
I buy the Tribune some weeks but have given up any hope of looking for eL articles or anything at all.

Trbune is good for rugby international weekends but on minor rugby weekends they give way too much coverage.

If i want to buy irish newspaper (non-tabloid) with some sport i don't have any other choice as won't buy sindo.

BohDiddley
14/03/2005, 2:04 PM
Just reminded me.
Anyone else spot the priceless 'Santana Cup' in the Mirror guide?

pete
14/03/2005, 2:18 PM
Just reminded me.
Anyone else spot the priceless 'Santana Cup' in the Mirror guide?

Think i saw that somewhere.

maybe they confused with music competition...

BohDiddley
14/03/2005, 7:55 PM
Think i saw that somewhere.

maybe they confused with music competition...
I just have this image of Shels and Longford fans in an air guitar extravaganza.