PDA

View Full Version : LOI fixtures Easter Weekend

Pages : [1] 2

El-Pietro
30/03/2018, 4:59 PM
Just stopped in Port Laoise for a break on the way to Bray. The UCD first team are waiting for their bus driver to finish his driving break before they can continue to Cobh. Apparently this is his second journey of the day. Kick off delayed until at least 8.30.

Longfordian
30/03/2018, 5:13 PM
#glitw

TonyD
30/03/2018, 7:09 PM
Good game at the Brandywell. Think we've been the better team, but an awful mistake cost us for the goal. Terrible decision for the Pats disallowed goal too. No way was it a high boot, and it's not like he kicked it out of the keepers hands.

pineapple stu
30/03/2018, 7:34 PM
The Brandywell looks very dark on telly. Are the floodlights crap or what's the story?

monkey9
30/03/2018, 7:37 PM
Have the Brandywell floodlights broken down? That's extremely dark.

SeanDrog
30/03/2018, 7:39 PM

We sold them our old ones 😝

refjohn
30/03/2018, 7:39 PM

The pitch has moved 10 yards towards far stand (no dog track) and the lights weren't realigned correctly - the ones behind the stand can't cover that area now as roof of stand blocking them.

forza
30/03/2018, 7:41 PM
Good game at the Brandywell. Think we've been the better team, but an awful mistake cost us for the goal. Terrible decision for the Pats disallowed goal too. No way was it a high boot, and it's not like he kicked it out of the keepers hands.

I think it was a case of the referee wishing to be the centre of attention (and he succeeded).

pineapple stu
30/03/2018, 7:46 PM
The pitch has moved 10 yards towards far stand (no dog track) and the lights weren't realigned correctly - the ones behind the stand can't cover that area now as roof of stand blocking them.
I think that trumps our embarrassing story!

Truly a fantastic league

pineapple stu
30/03/2018, 8:02 PM
Athlone lead. UCD kick off. Not sure which is weirder.

Cracker by Derry there

TonyD
30/03/2018, 8:06 PM
Ah f&&ok. We've had enough of the ball to get something out of this but seem to have run out of ideas now. Two good finishes by Derry, but both the result of mistakes.

Very disappointing.g

Edit

Yesssss. Come on !!

pineapple stu
30/03/2018, 8:06 PM
And now the floodlights are gone in Galway.

Counting Derry, that's 4 of the 20 clubs that have had floodlights this season. After the league asked all clubs to look into their lights.

A sign of First Division clubs in particular starting to crack financially? Or just a coincidence?

pineapple stu
30/03/2018, 8:08 PM
Game back on in Galway. The floodlight isn't fixed; they're just ignoring that it's not working...

Longfordian
30/03/2018, 8:49 PM
Finished 0-0 in Galway. Wouldn’t have predicted no goals in that one I must say but a draw down there isn’t a bad result. Better than drawing with Athlone anyway..

MattB11
30/03/2018, 8:51 PM
Athlone are class

El-Pietro
30/03/2018, 9:03 PM
Four nil in Bray. First half was like a training session. Second half Bray stepped it up but gave up after three goals in five minutes. Barry McNamee scored a very nice placed finish from a good bit out but Sadliers second was a peach. 25 yards out, straight over the keepers head into the roof of the net.

Longfordian
30/03/2018, 9:07 PM
Athlone are class

I wasn’t at our game against them last weekend but having seen the highlights it should have been at least 8 or 9-1. Maybe they’ve improved in the last week though.

pineapple stu
30/03/2018, 9:38 PM
Looking like a good night's work for UCD. 2-0 up in Cobh - where we've an awful record - going into injury time, and none of the others in the top five won.

So 3 points clear, with a huge game in Drogheda next week

osarusan
30/03/2018, 9:46 PM
Waterford bossed us all night, second half in particular was brutal from us. We had two decent chances, a couple of minutes before and again after their first goal, but nothing after that. Bringing on U-19 lads is a sign of how little depth there is in the squad, and we look really clueless when we go behind.

NeverFeltBetter
30/03/2018, 10:12 PM
How much longer will Waterford have to stay within touching distance of the top before they're acknowledged as challengers?

As for us, looks like a scrap with Bohs and Sligo over who gets the play-off.

SwanVsDalton
30/03/2018, 10:43 PM
Always good to commit robbery on the weekend of our lord (amen)

Quite how Pats didn't get something out of that game, I don't really know but a cracking night of entertainment and a good one for the RTE cameras (even if it was a bit dark). Two brilliant goals by Aaron McEn-BIFF, chances, thrills, spills and some nonsense refereeing (that disallowed Pats goal, oh my no).

Derry managing to win a game despite not having a midfield for long stretches is testament to a) some dogged determination; b) some wonderful luck. The fact that we could've scored two or three in the last 10 minutes and then almost blew things entirely only made it more interesting.

That's three wins in three, 12 goals scored in the return to the Brandywell - keep the lights off I say.

WoodquayBoy
30/03/2018, 10:49 PM
How much longer will Waterford have to stay within touching distance of the top before they're acknowledged as challengers.

The Leicester of 2018?

NeverFeltBetter
30/03/2018, 10:58 PM
Someone on another forum reminded me of the bucket collection fans did at the Market's Field for Waterford, only two years ago or so, I think. They've come a long way very fast. Fair to say it at least invites some debate on how funds have been used in Limerick throughout POS' time.

Charlie Darwin
30/03/2018, 11:34 PM
Our worst performance of the season tonight, Bohs included, but three points nonetheless. Sligo look like they'll do OK but Morgan can't do it all on his own up front.

A N Mouse
31/03/2018, 12:02 AM
On pat's disallowed goal. From that corner of the Southend stand he looked to go through the ball with his studs. But if that's what it was for then ref was doing well too see it, and in which case shouldn't there have been a card too?

Match reports saying offside! And having seen the replay the angle is next to usless.

But pat's must be gutted to get nothing from that game😀

sbgawa
31/03/2018, 1:39 AM
Our worst performance of the season tonight, Bohs included, but three points nonetheless. Sligo look like they'll do OK but Morgan can't do it all on his own up front.

Yes we played better with 10 last week against Waterford . But winning playing poorly is a new thing so I'll take it. :)

Nesta99
31/03/2018, 2:42 AM
And now the floodlights are gone in Galway.

Counting Derry, that's 4 of the 20 clubs that have had floodlights this season. After the league asked all clubs to look into their lights.

A sign of First Division clubs in particular starting to crack financially? Or just a coincidence?

Thank fook for Summer football............

Nah Nah Nah Nah
31/03/2018, 6:31 AM

Yeah we played well enough but need to start creating more chances. At least we looked a bit more solid this week.

Dalymountrower
31/03/2018, 7:39 AM
Dundalk destroyed us last night.
The new number 11 pulled the strings and Duffy and Gannon got behind us very easily on either flank.
One goal line scramble and two legit penalty shouts were all we managed.
Dundalk are the most impressive team we 've played against this season and will only get better ..

TonyD
31/03/2018, 10:08 AM
On pat's disallowed goal. From that corner of the Southend stand he looked to go through the ball with his studs. But if that's what it was for then ref was doing well too see it, and in which case shouldn't there have been a card too?

Match reports saying offside! And having seen the replay the angle is next to usless.

But pat's must be gutted to get nothing from that game��

Oh we are. However, you've got to take your chances, which Derry did. Even apart from the disallowed goal we had enough other chances to get something from it. Good performance otherwise so we'll just write it off as an unlucky one.

I did think it was a super game, one of the best I've seen on telly in a while. Wonder what any neutrals thought ?

Olander
31/03/2018, 11:20 AM
We have started the season very sluggishly. Longford were marginally the better team last night and could've won.

A draw was probably a fair result (overall), both sides had their chances. Longford were better in general play and the young ginger lad in midfield, Dervin, was very good for them. But we also made him look good at times.

3 draws in 5 league games. Last week we threw away a two goal lead against ten man Drogheda, which was unacceptable. We needed to win against Longford to make up for that result. Keegan needs to get his shít together, and quickly. We are playing within ourselves at the moment.

Dundalk daz
31/03/2018, 11:55 AM
Dundalk very impressive last night against a very limited bohs team, only negative was Gary Rogers going off early injured, Sava looked comfortable enough without really being tested, on a side note how ridiculously strong is that Dundalk bench last nite . I can’t remember Dundalk haveing such a strong panel.

bluemovie
31/03/2018, 1:19 PM
Thoroughly deserved win for the Blues in Limerick last night even if it took a long time to get the second goal to seal it. Vigouroux is making at least one world class save in each game. We're blessed to have him, but it will probably only be til the summer. Swindon turned down 450,000 pounds for hin from Charlton in January because they value him at a million. Let's face it - there's no other keeper in the league going to draw those kinds of bids. Webster has been a revelation alongside Fletch. The midfield four of Keegan, Aborah, Hery and Holohan is the best I've ever seen for the club and as good as any currently in the league. Duffus is on fire now and still only getting up to full match fitness. There are issues outside of them and with squad depth, short term loans, etc but we're all really enjoying every minute of this after a long time struggling. 17 points clear of automatic relegation and eleven off the play-off. I felt before the season started that we'd come somewhere between 4th and 7th, but I'd be looking at the upper end of that bracket now.

Longfordian
31/03/2018, 1:38 PM
We have started the season very sluggishly. Longford were marginally the better team last night and could've won.

A draw was probably a fair result (overall), both sides had their chances. Longford were better in general play and the young ginger lad in midfield, Dervin, was very good for them. But we also made him look good at times.

3 draws in 5 league games. Last week we threw away a two goal lead against ten man Drogheda, which was unacceptable. We needed to win against Longford to make up for that result. Keegan needs to get his shít together, and quickly. We are playing within ourselves at the moment.

Watched the highlights earlier, looked like a fair enough result based on chances alright though we probably had the more clear cut chances. Aodh Dervin is a very good young player, only 18 I think and a Longford lad too which is a bonus.

bluemovie
31/03/2018, 1:44 PM
Dervin stood out against Waterford last season. Looks a gem.

Longfordian
31/03/2018, 2:01 PM
Yeah he’s been on the fringes of the Ireland u18s, I think he’s played for the Irish based squad. He’s got great energy and uses the ball very wisely for a young lad.

brendy_éire
31/03/2018, 3:12 PM
Good performance otherwise so we'll just write it off as an unlucky one.

That's the right way to think about it. On another day the match could have finished 2-6. Still can't understand how Pat's didn't score more.
To name a few, Clarke had a header that was straight at Doherty near FT, seemed more difficult not to score. Then Doona's shot that Cole clearing off the line at the very end was just pure fortune/quality. Mad stuff.

From a Derry view, yes, we took our chances and looked decent on the counter, but we need to sharpen up at the back. Leaving opposition players with that much space and time will not end well in most games.

Great to get the win though. All the more enjoyable since we didn't deserve it.

Also, fair play to the Pat's lads who ended up in the Oak Grove after the game. Gave us a wee rendition of Summer in Dublin and all. Sorry about the 11 o'clock closing time though!

Martinho II
31/03/2018, 3:21 PM

that's what Keegan said in his programme notes too. Connolly seems like to have put on a bit of weight and didn't play well last imo.. Walsh was very shaky in defence.. thought yer GK Tadhg Ryan looked decent..

Whats the story with yer Car park? for a car park that from the outside with a sign on it that full there was so much empty spaces inside.. that's a typical Irish problem. I imagine that issue came from the Galway FA.

oriel
31/03/2018, 3:26 PM
Dundalk destroyed us last night.
The new number 11 pulled the strings and Duffy and Gannon got behind us very easily on either flank.
One goal line scramble and two legit penalty shouts were all we managed.
Dundalk are the most impressive team we 've played against this season and will only get better ..

The number 11 was Adjoran, the Hungarian lad, this was his first league start, he was impressive ok, blended in very well to the side. Very good display by Dundalk, and I'd pick out the two you mentioned also in Duffy and Gannon as having excellent games, the latter almost played as a winger for large parts of the game, Jamie McGrath did well too. That was a definite peno for Bohs second half, and I've no idea how that goalmouth scramble didn't go in.

Ezeikial
01/04/2018, 10:32 AM
April Fools day is an appropriate day for publishing Stephen Bradley's latest reprise of 'We never said we'd challenge for the title - we actually said we couldn't'.

If there are expectations to challenge for the title, where are they coming from? Logic would indicate that it would come from Rovers supporters. Apparently from 'outside' according to Bradser after Rovers scrapped to a controversial 1-0 win over Sligo:

“I think it's everyone outside saying they want us to challenge or expect us to challenge. We've never said we'll challenge Dundalk and Cork this year.
http://www.extratime.ie/articles/20644/stephen-bradley-we-never-said-wed-challenge-for-the-title---we-actually-said-we-couldnt/

Lose next week away to Dundalk, could mean both Derry and St Pats breathing down their neck for 4th place and any journo questions could well have a very different slant

Dalymountrower
01/04/2018, 10:45 AM
If they have Neil Doyle reffing their matches they will have every chance of challenging Cork for second place.

sbgawa
01/04/2018, 2:29 PM
April Fools day is an appropriate day for publishing Stephen Bradley's latest reprise of 'We never said we'd challenge for the title - we actually said we couldn't'.

If there are expectations to challenge for the title, where are they coming from? Logic would indicate that it would come from Rovers supporters. Apparently from 'outside' according to Bradser after Rovers scrapped to a controversial 1-0 win over Sligo:

http://www.extratime.ie/articles/20644/stephen-bradley-we-never-said-wed-challenge-for-the-title---we-actually-said-we-couldnt/

Lose next week away to Dundalk, could mean both Derry and St Pats breathing down their neck for 4th place and any journo questions could well have a very different slant

Lol The perfect day for you to continue your weird obsession with his every spoken word.....then again the other 364 work for you as well :) you must love an aul leap year. Btw "logic" would dictate that as he didn't define what he meant by outside it could mean anything or anybody , media , rival managers, other teams fans and like all fans rovers fans live in hope as well.

Ezeikial
01/04/2018, 3:37 PM
Lol The perfect day for you to continue your weird obsession with his every spoken word.....then again the other 364 work for you as well :) you must love an aul leap year. Btw "logic" would dictate that as he didn't define what he meant by outside it could mean anything or anybody , media , rival managers, other teams fans and like all fans rovers fans live in hope as well.

Its fairly clear that he is trying to lower expectations of Rovers fans.

Losing in Oriel Park next week will achieve that, while a win by either St Pats or Derry will up the pressure in the contest for 4th place.

sbgawa
01/04/2018, 3:59 PM
Internet sensation as manager seaks to take pressure off team. Yawn although I know a guy who if Bradley said we are going to challenge or win the league would ridicule him for putting pressure on the team..... :) :)

micls
01/04/2018, 4:07 PM
Internet sensation as manager seaks to take pressure off team. Yawn although I know a guy who if Bradley said we are going to challenge or win the league would ridicule him for putting pressure on the team..... :) :)

You might be surprised to hear there's actually a third option.

sbgawa
01/04/2018, 4:19 PM
There are lots of options but we know the outcome of them all. Have to compliment the club on the 1899 bar at the weekend it is becoming great Craic. It is open for the longford match on Monday and I'd say all would be welcome for any traveling longford fans. Open from 6pm

Dalymountrower
01/04/2018, 7:02 PM
The number 11 was Adjoran, the Hungarian lad, this was his first league start, he was impressive ok, blended in very well to the side. Very good display by Dundalk, and I'd pick out the two you mentioned also in Duffy and Gannon as having excellent games, the latter almost played as a winger for large parts of the game, Jamie McGrath did well too. That was a definite peno for Bohs second half, and I've no idea how that goalmouth scramble didn't go in.
He was with Liverpool last year under 23 player of the year.
Being paid 3 k a week by Dundalk.Probably Bohs entire weekly wage.

Dundalk daz
01/04/2018, 7:21 PM
Being paid 3 k a week by Dundalk.Probably Bohs entire weekly wage. source please??

buzz442
01/04/2018, 7:25 PM
Being paid 3 k a week by Dundalk.Probably Bohs entire weekly wage.

He's on loan so Liverpool are paying his wages not Dundalk and if part of the agreement that Dundalk pick up part of his weekly wage they will not be paying anywhere that much.

Charlie Darwin
01/04/2018, 7:35 PM
Jesus lads, he left Liverpool four years ago. The amount of experts in this league who know everything about every club is astounding.