PDA

View Full Version : Absolute Disgrace!!

seagulls nest
14/03/2005, 11:22 AM
what was put before our etes yesterday,and in the previous matches has been been disgraceful and shocking, can belive we have the same squad as last year! The new signings have been terrible and are average players at best! maurice farrell and gormley back....we are going to be a laughing stock this year wat and see. hate to say it but we could be relegated by november. Pat devlin has to step down and take all the old timers with him! The "old-pals act" cant apply this year,someone should tell him that....We are going down, any fellow supporters who dont agree with me................OPEN YOUR EYES!!!

BrAyCMilan
14/03/2005, 12:52 PM
You said it, "someone has to tell Devo", but who?? Everyone involved with the club is afraid to say anything to the guy. Too many "Yes Men". What is a board of Directors for????? Do they actually get together and look at the direction the club is going?? The only place Devo will ever go is upstairs and what manager in their right mind would join the club then and have to work under Pat?? Noooooooooo Chance!!
What the club needs is fresh blood on the board of Directors, people who look at the club from a different angle to those who are currently serving on the board. Some of the current Directors could not even tell you who we are playing at the bloody weekend. As far as I can see, some Directors are just waiting for "Pay day", to get their few bob back before they exit. I dont think a manager should be a Director either!

footballplease
14/03/2005, 1:10 PM
' what was put before our etes yesterday,and in the previous matches has been been disgraceful and shocking, '

...totally agreed - a complete shambles. What we look for in pre-season is not the result of the game but a clear sign of intent for the season. We saw neither. :mad:

' I dont think a manager should be a Director either! '

...again, i agree. Who is he accountable to? If a manager gets relegated 3 or 4 times ( i've lost count!!!!!) with the one club, he surely must be made responsible. :mad:

' The new signings have been terrible and are average players at best! '

..Devo had only signed about 6 players i think. The only one that comes up to the standard of the premier is pip, but again, what is the point of playing him if the ball is hoofed over his head all the time?? :mad:

On a final note - i really think devo's passion for the job has waned, if not gone completely. Maybe its the Duff thing, not sure! :confused:

Anyway, I for one am looking forward to the season in hope and expectation but we really need to improve! A good team spirit and better organisation nad we can stay up!! :ball:

lowflyingseagul
14/03/2005, 3:13 PM
i feel we'll be down by sepember, UCD & finn harps have all improved their squads and we've continued our from from last season on to this. DEVO OUT

Roo69
14/03/2005, 3:24 PM
UCD & finn harps have all improved their squads and we've continued our from from last season on to this. DEVO OUT

They havent really, 3 of UCD's best players left during the close season (Finn, Doyle and Sullivan) replaced with......... Damien Dupuy from Galway, Adrian Murphy from Athlone Town and Declan O'Donnell from Finn Harps - not improving their squad imo.

Same goes for Harps, in come Thomas Bonnar, Seamus Brown, Ryan McGavigan, Eamon Seydak in while Martin Ferry and Tom Mohan, one of Harps best players over the past few seasons have left the club, i think Declan Bonner could be gone as well but stand open for correction.

Ash
14/03/2005, 3:30 PM
Hows Niall Donnelly aka "Hopper" doing with ye?
He was woeful bad when he was on loan to us.

KK77
15/03/2005, 7:59 AM
You said it, "someone has to tell Devo", but who?? Everyone involved with the club is afraid to say anything to the guy. Too many "Yes Men". What is a board of Directors for????? Do they actually get together and look at the direction the club is going?? The only place Devo will ever go is upstairs and what manager in their right mind would join the club then and have to work under Pat?? Noooooooooo Chance!!
What the club needs is fresh blood on the board of Directors, people who look at the club from a different angle to those who are currently serving on the board. Some of the current Directors could not even tell you who we are playing at the bloody weekend. As far as I can see, some Directors are just waiting for "Pay day", to get their few bob back before they exit. I dont think a manager should be a Director either!

Sure what can the directors do to get Devo got when Devo
is above them as well i can tell you it will be a long long time before we start to progress on the field while Devos around and i am afraid i can't see him stepping aside in the near future as he loves what goes with the job eg press publicity tv interviews etc it keeps him in the news/lime light he knows if he gives it up thats all gone sure anyway even if he stepped aside he'd still be running the club and the new manager would never be able to do his own thing i know this all seems harsh on Devo but past glories count for nothing we have to move on and bring a new man in someone younger with fresh ideas as as long as Devo is in charge nothing will change yeah we can blame no funds etc but thats the easy way out and believe you me i take no pleasure in saying all this as Devo has done wonders for the club but time waits for no one well anyway nothings going to change so its a case of us all getting behind the team, manager club etc for the season ahead.

centre mid
16/03/2005, 12:19 PM
Why is there absolutely no money to spend, all we ever got is schoolboys from ballybrack and joeys, in fairness john flood looked like a decent enough prospect but how badly is he injured. I think bray can be a hard club to sell to EL players at times, i'm not sure what the answer is but i am not at all optimistic - i think all we can hope for is for others to have a poor season

Bray Head
16/03/2005, 3:10 PM
I know that pre season results were poor but we have stayed up in the premier division before with poorer squads. Wait until we have played our first 4 games, 3 of which are at home. We should be capable of getting points off St. Pat's, UCD & Drogheda at home and maybe with a bit of luck win 2 of these games. I'm sure we will lose in Cork.If we don't do well in these games we will be well adrift at the bottom and face a long season.

BrAyCMilan
16/03/2005, 3:28 PM
who was in this "poorer squad"?? Mick Doohan, Maurice Farrell, Martin Nugent, Bo Mc Keever, Pat O Brien, John Ryan, need I go on?? the current squad IS the poorest squad Bray have every had.

Bray Head
17/03/2005, 12:48 PM
In 1991/92 we scored 17 goals in 33 games and finished 8th out of 12. Conor Best, Adrian Cairns, Archie Campbell, Paul Ennis, the Coleman brothers, Colm Nataro, Joe O'Flaherty & Sean Ward were just some of the squad that all played that season under John Holmes. I'm not saying these were bad players but if you have a commited squad you can achive above your means, Best, Campbell & O'Flaherty were all strikers and managed only 2 goals between them all season. Anything is possible.

Ronan85
17/03/2005, 3:02 PM
We havnt added to our squad since promotion. Gormley is fat and old. Even Eamon Zayed is 2 big-headed. Saw him playing a few weeks ago. He was wearin one of those things on his socks that Scotsmen wear with kilts. The ref asked him to take it off. Plonker.

Fair_play_boy
17/03/2005, 7:53 PM
They havent really, 3 of UCD's best players left during the close season (Finn, Doyle and Sullivan) replaced with......... Damien Dupuy from Galway, Adrian Murphy from Athlone Town and Declan O'Donnell from Finn Harps - not improving their squad imo.Where did Doyle go?

Roo69
17/03/2005, 10:32 PM
Where did Doyle go?

Sean Finn and Wille Doyle both went to Waterford

Superhoops
18/03/2005, 12:01 AM
We havnt added to our squad since promotion
Why aren't we going into the Wicklow League and the Wicklow teams that play in the LSL to look for players. They can't all be bad, Relying on young talent from Joey's is not the answer. Anyone from Joey's who is any good will be across the pond before they are 17 or 18.

BrAyCMilan
18/03/2005, 8:34 AM
Because all the local's know what Devo is like! They're not bothered joining Bray and would rather join Greystones, TEK, Workers, or just continue to play wicklow league.