PDA

View Full Version : LOI fixtures Fri 23rd March thru Monday.

Pages : [1] 2

ToberonaTornado
23/03/2018, 7:11 PM
Go.........:)

RathfarnhamHoop
23/03/2018, 7:14 PM
Absolutely shocking refereeing decision in the RSC resulting in a red Gilchrist 10 in. Still 0-0, 25 in

sbgawa
23/03/2018, 7:15 PM
Unbelievable !

Ezeikial
23/03/2018, 7:16 PM
Are Refs biased against Rovers?

Two successive red cards

RathfarnhamHoop
23/03/2018, 7:25 PM
1-1 35 in two brilliant goals, Duffus puts waterford ahead with a lovely finish on the turn, Burke equalises with a lovely curler from the edge of the box, not unlike Clarkes(who has gone off injured) goal vs bohs last year

RathfarnhamHoop
23/03/2018, 7:27 PM
2-1 35 in. Poor touch from Grace, waterford cross into Duffus who puts it between Tomers legs

Yossarian
23/03/2018, 7:38 PM
In fairness to the ref, on first look I thought he pulled him down. It’s easy to look at a replay and say it was a bad decision.
Rovers defending has been very poor though.

White Horse
23/03/2018, 7:47 PM
Interesting that Brian Kerr thinks the ref has no option but to give a second yellow and send off the Rovers player.

sulywaterfordfc
23/03/2018, 7:54 PM
Can’t blame the ref, the player shouldn’t be stupid enough to put himself in that position in the first place

ToberonaTornado
23/03/2018, 7:58 PM
Deffo 2 yellas but think the ref might've been a BIT more lenient with the 2nd.
Good game this.

RathfarnhamHoop
23/03/2018, 7:58 PM
Can’t blame the ref, the player shouldn’t be stupid enough to put himself in that position in the first place

The ref got the decision wrong so you can blame him

White Horse
23/03/2018, 7:59 PM
Terrible keeper in the Shamrock Rovers team.

Yossarian
23/03/2018, 8:02 PM
Akinade, formerly of Cork and Limerick according to John Kenny......

White Horse
23/03/2018, 8:05 PM

Will someone in RTE have a word with him, he's still on about Akinade being at Cork and Limerick.

Yossarian
23/03/2018, 8:07 PM
Will someone in RTE have a word with him, he's still on about Akinade being at Cork and Limerick.

It’s shocking, I’m presuming he’s confusing him with Ogbene, who didn’t even join Waterford anyway. 😳

osarusan
23/03/2018, 8:07 PM
While Rovers have used all 3 subs, Limerick have 2 left apparently.

mcgonigle
23/03/2018, 8:10 PM
While Rovers have used all 3 subs, Limerick have 2 left apparently.

He's having a mare. In fairness to him Waterford shouldn't be a allowed play in blue, how he is meant to tell the difference between them and a team that aren't playing?

Ezeikial
23/03/2018, 8:17 PM
Greg O'Halloran also made an appearance earlier

rebel
23/03/2018, 8:19 PM
I couldn't believe that. For a so-called "professional" commentator to not have done his research is shocking really.

dong
23/03/2018, 8:19 PM
Good game alright. Bolger is a right pain in the hole.

RathfarnhamHoop
23/03/2018, 8:21 PM
And thats a booking? But the exact same tackle by Keegan in the first half isn't? Jesus Christ just going to be one of those nights

Ezeikial
23/03/2018, 8:25 PM
And thats a booking? But the exact same tackle by Keegan in the first half isn't? Jesus Christ just going to be one of those nights

It's an anti-hoops conspiracy.

Glen Cronin saying Rovers are clearly the better team. The propaganda battles have started early

RathfarnhamHoop
23/03/2018, 8:52 PM
Based on the football played the scoreline was probably right but i felt a draw wouldn't have been undeserved. We shot ourselves in the foot twice and the ref didn't help us to say the least. Waterford will be a difficult place for any team to go and get points this season i feel, especially if they can keep the attendances up

SeanDrog
23/03/2018, 8:54 PM
Drogs 2-2 Galway

Great result for us - 0-2 at Half time and got equalizer 2-2 when down to ten men in 2nd half.

The two goals conceded where very soft but they did come after our fullback got concussed but remained on till half time - can’t help but feel this was a factor.

We needed tonight to see our real level and we are looking decent. Galway were well organised and i’d say they are fav for top spot.

Good fight in our side - and fair play to the Galway supporters that travelled over .

Micheal D there too - fair play

sbgawa
23/03/2018, 9:02 PM
Based on the football played the scoreline was probably right but i felt a draw wouldn't have been undeserved. We shot ourselves in the foot twice and the ref didn't help us to say the least. Waterford will be a difficult place for any team to go and get points this season i feel, especially if they can keep the attendances up

Thought the team battled well and played some decent football After going a man down. Have to beat Sligo next week and that won't have been a bad first round. Push on.1

pineapple stu
23/03/2018, 9:07 PM
Cabo have some nutty fans. "Grow a conscience" was one of the stranger ones shouted at the ref. And of course every decision was outrageously biased against them, even if it was correct.

They're also not great bar from corners; handy enough win for us in the end. Top of the league!

SeanDrog
23/03/2018, 9:09 PM
Grow a conscience 🤔😂 very refined indeed

MattB11
23/03/2018, 9:14 PM
Harps crushed Wexford 1-0

pineapple stu
23/03/2018, 9:24 PM
Grow a conscience 🤔😂 very refined indeed
And they really heartfeltedly meant it too.

Whatever it meant.

TonyD
23/03/2018, 9:30 PM
Pats made hard work of it against Limerick tonight, but, valuable 3 points all the same, so take it and move onwards. Owen Garvan on the bench tonight, which was strange, unless he wasn't 100%.

El-Pietro
23/03/2018, 9:41 PM
Third loss from 8 games for Rovers. 0 wins from 4 games against the rest of the top four (City, Dundalk and Waterford) and their Derby with Bohs. I didn't see tonights game as I was at the Cross for the MSC final and I missed the City - Dundalk game as I was out of the country. I've seen Rovers twice and Waterford once. Waterford looked the better team to me in that game.

Kingswood Rover
23/03/2018, 10:33 PM
Rovers jeez head wreckin they are really starting to play some decent football but i think we are sponsored by the NRA as we keep shootin ourselves in both feet and why the fcuk can we not get a decent keeper arrrrrrrgggggh great away support there tonight. Met some sound Waterford fans too.

sbgawa
23/03/2018, 10:36 PM
Your entitled to your opinion EL P. I don't think cork are a patch on last year's league winners Sean Maguire Fc 8 points behind last year already. The dundalk lads must be feeling confident.

El-Pietro
23/03/2018, 10:49 PM
Your entitled to your opinion EL P. I don't think cork are a patch on last year's league winners Sean Maguire Fc 8 points behind last year already. The dundalk lads must be feeling confident.
Dundalk might be confident. Rovers are already out of the race as far as I'm concerned.

sbgawa
23/03/2018, 11:14 PM
Well in fairness you are known for your objective assessment so I'll bow to your wisdom. Good luck with the 1 in a row for cork city fc

placid casual
23/03/2018, 11:38 PM
Despite being given a helping hand by yet another catastrophic refereeing performance, It was Rovers and not waterford who looked and played like they had the extra man.
great commitment from all who played in the Hoops, apart from that gob$hite in goal

Rovers wont be at the business end of any success this season with a defence like that.

Shame on waterford for blackening their own name by employing known sexual predators

RathfarnhamHoop
23/03/2018, 11:45 PM
Seeing some waterford fans giving out about rovers fans having a banner having a go at them for supporting a rapist. I mean it's just stating a fact lads, calm down.

sulywaterfordfc
24/03/2018, 12:52 AM
I don’t think it’s entirely fair to blame the ref, even in the clip in the link. In my view it shows how it was an idiotic move by Gilchirst especially when he was on a yellow so early on. No attempt to get the ball, I completely understand the refs decision, I think it’s harsh to abuse him. Second yellow was soft but a bookabke offence in fairness, but people have to remember the ref only has that spilt second to see it live. How many reds have Rovers not got under Bradley? It seems to the thing his teams are most consistent at - and that isn’t a dig.

https://twitter.com/soccrepublic/status/977273959681949696?s=21

On another note huge win, dreamland stuff especially considering the future was bleak and the B side were beating us easily not so long ago infront 2/300. On cloud 9

Charlie Darwin
24/03/2018, 12:59 AM
Interesting that Brian Kerr thinks the ref has no option but to give a second yellow and send off the Rovers player.
Interesting that Brian Kerr feels a decision that goes against Rovers is correct :)

In all seriousness, Gilchrist's first yellow was a terrible challenge so can't blame him for not being lenient on the second. As an isolated incident it was harsh, but stupid from the player to give him the decision to make. Though we played well considering we had 10 men for 80 minutes. Waterford look good - they'll challenge for the top four this year.

Asterix
24/03/2018, 4:42 AM
Seeing some waterford fans giving out about rovers fans having a banner having a go at them for supporting a rapist. I mean it's just stating a fact lads, calm down.

Gaurds weren't happy with it either, straight into the stand and grabbed it. I see Rovers fans also getting the blame for causing trouble eventhough it was waterford fans trying to get into the away end and a waterford fan that got thrown out.

Ezeikial
24/03/2018, 8:18 AM

I didn't see the banner, but it sounds like it was intended to goad and incite local fans.

Why not simply support your own team rather than insult others?

dong
24/03/2018, 8:21 AM
Despite being given a helping hand by yet another catastrophic refereeing performance, It was Rovers and not waterford who looked and played like they had the extra man.
great commitment from all who played in the Hoops, apart from that gob$hite in goal

Rovers wont be at the business end of any success this season with a defence like that.

Shame on waterford for blackening their own name by employing known sexual predators

Agree with you that they fought gamely but they couldnt force anything clear cut.
The gap is still there between Shamrock Rovers and the top two teams and Waterford look a decent oitfit.
Dont think we'll cause you any problems next week to be honest. We're too lightweight and soft.

Crosshead
24/03/2018, 8:21 AM

How are we "8 points behind last year already" when we've only dropped 5 points so far this season?

sbgawa
24/03/2018, 8:44 AM
Correct and right :) maths attack while drinking pints :)
Great crowd last night, this is what the loi can be like.

sbgawa
24/03/2018, 9:11 AM
I didn't see the banner, but it sounds like it was intended to goad and incite local fans.

Why not simply support your own team rather than insult others?

Lol ..You should definitely try that for a while :)

Ezeikial
24/03/2018, 9:21 AM
Lol ..You should definitely try that for a while :)

If I have ever insulted you, I offer you a heartfelt apology.

White Horse
24/03/2018, 10:06 AM

I was very impressed with the composed play by Rovers for most of the game, not easy when you are down to 10 men and have to make enforced substitutions through injury. Your point about the defence, and the goalkeeper in particular, are spot on.

Ronan Finn looked a class apart.

White Horse
24/03/2018, 10:10 AM

Waterford would be better off giving out to the manager and the board for signing a player that tarnishes their reputation.

micls
24/03/2018, 10:11 AM

It's impressive for us to be 8 points behind considering we've only dropped 5 points!

Losing the best player I've seen play in the league is obviously going to have an impact. But that's not really been our main issue so far this season, our defence has. Our attack is looking significantly stronger than post Seani last year, and its a joy to watch Sadlier and McNamee in particular. Not overly concerned about that.

Our defence on the other hand has been a shambles, and we need to sort that if were to win anything.

That said, I haven't been overly impressed with dundalk (though I'm envious of their defence!) and rovers and Waterford have both been a level below that. Waterford were the better team against us at the cross, but judging teams on just their 1 performance against us is silly.

Its funny to see the revisionism from some posters this year though,where last years Seani team are suddenly amazing. This time last year, every team we played came on here afterwards saying we weren't that good, rovers fans included. Pretty similar to this year's comments.

White Horse
24/03/2018, 10:24 AM
In my opinion, neither Dundalk or Cork are as good as they were last year. They are both rebuilding their sides having lost key players.

Cork won the title on the back of a player who started for the national team within a year of leaving them. How often does a talent like that come from the league?

The difference between the rebuilding at Dundalk and Cork is that I can see Dundalk getting significantly better as the season progresses.