PDA

View Full Version : Article in Echo

Éanna
13/03/2005, 12:02 AM
There was a piece in Saturday's Evening Echo about the Dolan thing in the Woodford. It had quotes from two City fans in it- Ian Sheehan and Pat Kierans. Now everyone knows who Ian is, but in my time as a City fan, I've met and talked to a lot of people and I've never met this guy or heard of him being a City fan. Anyone know who he is? Is he organising this thing? Just wondering

A face
13/03/2005, 12:29 AM
There was a piece in Saturday's Evening Echo about the Dolan thing in the Woodford. It had quotes from two City fans in it- Ian Sheehan and Pat Kierans. Now everyone knows who Ian is, but in my time as a City fan, I've met and talked to a lot of people and I've never met this guy or heard of him being a City fan. Anyone know who he is? Is he organising this thing? Just wondering

Who wrote it ??

Gary
13/03/2005, 1:12 AM
^
I would think an Echo writer. Who is Pat Kierans?

Dr.Nightdub
13/03/2005, 1:46 AM
Met him at a work-related do just before Xmas, I was talking to a Rovers 400 Club trustee who introduced us. Don't wanna be talking out of school, but he works in media, let's just leave it at that. Seemed like a dedicated, passionate Cork fan with good connections in the business world, some very good ideas about increasing revenue for youse. We didn't see eye to eye re Dolan but hey, whatever. If he sticks around Cork despite Dolan being gone, he'll be a good asset for youse, he'd be good for any club he got involved with..

A face
13/03/2005, 12:03 PM
I would think an Echo writer.

Your powers of deduction defy all logic, just how do you do it, come on Gary … what is your secret ??!?! :D

SÓC
13/03/2005, 2:36 PM
Met him at a work-related do just before Xmas, I was talking to a Rovers 400 Club trustee who introduced us. Don't wanna be talking out of school, but he works in media, let's just leave it at that. Seemed like a dedicated, passionate Cork fan with good connections in the business world, some very good ideas about increasing revenue for youse. We didn't see eye to eye re Dolan but hey, whatever. If he sticks around Cork despite Dolan being gone, he'll be a good asset for youse, he'd be good for any club he got involved with..

Here we go http://www.tch.ie/content/templates/tchnews2.aspx?articleid=42&zoneid=1

and here http://newsweaver.ie/corkchamber/index000069708.cfm?x=b11,0,w
the second chap in the photo, dont recognise him to see though

Seems to be a well connected chap alright

tiktok
13/03/2005, 3:50 PM
If he sticks around Cork despite Dolan being gone, he'll be a good asset for youse........

Somehow, I get the impression he won't be an asset for us at all

patsh
14/03/2005, 7:07 AM
Somehow, I get the impression he won't be an asset for us at all
I think he has already proved that......:mad: