thecorner
12/03/2005, 7:54 PM
0:2 kearney again

A face
12/03/2005, 7:55 PM
2-0 to City : Kearney

GavinZac
12/03/2005, 7:57 PM
any idea who's playing? is roy getting a game?

A face
12/03/2005, 8:01 PM
This is taken from www.corkcityfc.ie

Starting Line-Up:
Devine,
Horgan, Bennett, D.Murray, Murphy,
Woods, O'Brien, Gamble, Kearney,
Doyle, O'Callaghan.

thecorner
12/03/2005, 8:44 PM
full time 0:2

colblimp
12/03/2005, 9:06 PM
Although this is a good result for City, I still don't feel we've had a real test in our pre-season friendly campaign. I just wish we'd been able to play an English side, look at all the Premiership teams who weren't playing today.

I'm just concerned that we haven't had a 'real' game, been pushed as it were.

Any comments, anyone?

GavinZac
12/03/2005, 9:12 PM
Although this is a good result for City, I still don't feel we've had a real test in our pre-season friendly campaign. I just wish we'd been able to play an English side, look at all the Premiership teams who weren't playing today.

no premiership team is going to come over here as a favour. it'd cost the club money to get them over. and as we know, expenditure is baaaaad m'kay?

Storysham
12/03/2005, 10:24 PM
No Flynny again, sup, is he injured?

Storysham
12/03/2005, 10:26 PM
no premiership team is going to come over here as a favour. it'd cost the club money to get them over. and as we know, expenditure is baaaaad m'kay?

Half the reason dolan had to go, wanted real madrid to play us, they wanted 2 million match fee and every room in hayfield manor for 2 nights. pat wanted to pay it, brian didnt.

Im joking mods, before ye freak out and delete my post.
Too much policing here.

Éanna
12/03/2005, 11:16 PM
and as we know, expenditure is baaaaad m'kay?
:rolleyes: Expenditure is necessary for the club to progress. Frivolous expenditure "a la Dolan" is pointless and damages the club and its chances of progress

Counting Crow
13/03/2005, 10:16 AM
Starting Line-Up:
Devine,
Doyle, O'Callaghan.

Folks - this is the first team for the start of the season. Everyone else is playing catch up, so baring injuries or significant loss of form the 11 above will be lining out for a while.

Interesting thought here, with Fenn impressing during the pre season games when he came on, I reckon Flynny has dropped to #4 among our strikers! :eek:

thecorner
13/03/2005, 10:26 AM
Starting Line-Up:
Devine,
Doyle, O'Callaghan.

Folks - this is the first team for the start of the season. Everyone else is playing catch up, so baring injuries or significant loss of form the 11 above will be lining out for a while.

nothing wrong with that team

flynny,fenn,nwanko,behan,o donovan,greg,derek all fighting to get in

Counting Crow
13/03/2005, 10:37 AM
Agree Corner. Don't forget we have two excellent youg players also in Lordan and in particular Shane Long who is going to be a real star IMO.

thecorner
13/03/2005, 10:40 AM
feck it,forgot about shane long....

we could put 2 fairly decent sides out now

Éanna
13/03/2005, 12:00 PM
nothing wrong with that team

flynny,fenn,nwanko,behan,o donovan,greg,derek all fighting to get in
yeah, things are looking good IMO. And Rico said on friday that when the transfer window opened he'd be looking for one or two experienced players if available.

adamd164
13/03/2005, 12:24 PM
No Flynny again, sup, is he injured?
Ya that's quite irritating TBH. What the fcuk is up with the guy? He's always injured...

thecorner
13/03/2005, 12:49 PM
he'd be looking for one or two experienced players if available.

hopefully he will be looking for a defender and a midfielder....seem to be loaded with options up front

Éanna
13/03/2005, 1:03 PM
yeah, Derek's a good signing in that regard, but we could do with a reynolds type player in the middle of the park

A face
13/03/2005, 1:34 PM
we could do with a reynolds type player in the middle of the park

Well no harming in having another quality midfielder but we have yet to see the best of Gamble, if his distribution gets a bit better he should be good, and if he stands up to opposition a bit more, that is one advantage that a player like Reynolds has over Joe, if you are having any problems, he can just elbow someone in the face and that is problem sorted for another two minutes.

thecorner
13/03/2005, 1:37 PM
midfield and defence are strong enough to cope but if any injuries this is where will struggle

could nearly afford to have 3 strikers injured and get away with it

p.s. isnt it great to be chatting about football :ball:

Éanna
13/03/2005, 2:03 PM
Well no harming in having another quality midfielder but we have yet to see the best of Gamble, if his distribution gets a bit better he should be good, and if he stands up to opposition a bit more, that is one advantage that a player like Reynolds has over Joe, if you are having any problems, he can just elbow someone in the face and that is problem sorted for another two minutes.
Agreed. I think Gamble is an absolutely excellent player, I'd go as far as to say if we'd had him all season we'd have won the league, but Reynolds gives an extra dimension- a bit of nastiness that we don't really have

Troy.McClure
13/03/2005, 2:27 PM
Reynolds gives an extra dimension- a bit of nastiness that we don't really have

Ya, we need a bit of a scumbag to get in there amoungst the opposition IMO. Gambles 'harsh but fair' though I think (but not a scumbag) and we'll prob see him improve again this season. How old is he? 22/23? The break should do him wonders coz he came in after the full english season last summer, he must have been wrecked at the end of our season!

Gary
13/03/2005, 6:59 PM
I dunno Face, I thought Gamble was well able to look after himself when the going got tough. As far as I remeber he out-Reynoldsed Reynolds in the RSC last time. Hit him a crunching tackle early on, and wound him up a fair bit throughout he game.

Gamble is still a bit rough around the edges, but he will be a huge player for CCFC this season, if his form is continued.

thecorner
13/03/2005, 7:57 PM
reckon in gamble we have finally found a replacement in reyolds as well

Éanna
13/03/2005, 10:26 PM
reckon in gamble we have finally found a replacement in reyolds as well
He's a very similar player to reynolds, and a better one, but he doesn't have that much experience. When you look at our squad we do lack a lot of experience

thecorner
13/03/2005, 10:31 PM
When you look at our squad we do lack a lot of experience

which is where hopefully derek will come in

colin t,georgie and woodsie in the middle lots of experience as well

A face
13/03/2005, 10:55 PM
As far as I remeber he out-Reynoldsed Reynolds in the RSC last time. Hit him a crunching tackle early on, and wound him up a fair bit throughout he game.

What that the game where he got sent off right beside all the city fans .... yeah remember that game alright !! :D

But yeah ... its about (http://corkcityfc.ie/gallery/albums/CORK%20CITY%20V%20SHELS/normal_8.jpg) time that City gave as good as they get !! (http://corkcityfc.ie/gallery/albums/CORK%20CITY%20V%20SHELS/normal_9.jpg) when other clubs are getting away with murder.

thecorner
13/03/2005, 11:00 PM
But yeah ... its about (http://corkcityfc.ie/gallery/albums/CORK%20CITY%20V%20SHELS/normal_8.jpg) time that City gave as good as they get !! (http://corkcityfc.ie/gallery/albums/CORK%20CITY%20V%20SHELS/normal_9.jpg) when other clubs are getting away with murder.

thats exactly the problem the last couple of years...granted georgie does it sneakily :D but we need to get a bit more aggresive

Éanna
13/03/2005, 11:02 PM
thats exactly the problem the last couple of years...granted georgie does it sneakily :D but we need to get a bit more aggresive
thats been the way for a good few years. reynolds is the only midfielder we've had since patsy who could really mix it IMO

Gary
14/03/2005, 8:01 AM
What that the game where he got sent off right beside all the city fans .... yeah remember that game alright !! :D

The 1-4 walk in the park game. Happy days.

paudie
14/03/2005, 8:14 AM
I think Gamble playing the full season could be the key for us this year.

He played really well in the unbeaten run towards the end of last season. Not afraid to look for the ball and hang on to it.

Hopefully he'll be a bit like Fenlon and Doolin were with Shels.