PDA

View Full Version : Delaney

Gary
09/02/2002, 4:44 PM
Did his stock no harm today, by scoring is Stockports 3-2 defeat today. Things seem to be going well for him. Best of luck to him.

Maybe we'll get or £1 million from Leicester soon for making 10 first team appearances!

Oh wait a minute......................

ccfcman
09/02/2002, 6:12 PM
apparently it was a 25 yard half volley ROCKET!! nice one murphy(liam) nice one................

Troy.McClure
11/02/2002, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by ccfcman
apparently it was a 25 yard half volley ROCKET!! nice one murphy(liam) nice one................

I might be wrong on this one, but wasnt it DM who sold Delaney???? :confused:

If you are going to be biast against the guy, atleast blame him for stuff that he is actually responcible for

niamh
11/02/2002, 11:33 AM
Also note that the Daly playing for Stockport is also Irish. It's a pity they are doing ****e!!

Ruairi
11/02/2002, 11:47 AM
I found Delaney in a packet of Premier League stickers over the weekend...

Troy.McClure
11/02/2002, 6:48 PM
Originally posted by Ruairi
I found Delaney in a packet of Premier League stickers over the weekend...

Make sure you leave enough of your pocket-money to be able to buy 4-5-1 at the next match ;) :D :p

James
11/02/2002, 8:28 PM
whereas normally i am saddened to see the lose of class players of the quality of gamble,BBM and delaney et al, I cant really hold it against them that they want to get free from the mess of a football club..

fair play to damien and i hope gunther murphy doesnt ruin the careers of more of our promising players

Troy.McClure
12/02/2002, 1:49 PM
Originally posted by James
fair play to damien and i hope gunther murphy doesnt ruin the careers of more of our promising players

3 questions.

1) How was Murphy actually involved in the ruining of these players? He was their coach at the time, and profesional clubs in England, that are much bigger and wealthier than any in Ireland, said to themselves, these players are very good so lets pay them Stg£2000 (or what ever) per week so they will play for us. Surely he helped these players careers?

2) If you were playing in the eL and a premiership or 1st division club said 'we will give you more pay in one year than you can ever earn in the eL, and you can have the oppertunity to play with/against internationals and maybe be an internetional yourself' would you say "No, Id rather be playing in Century Homes Park in a week or two" or "Yes, this is a fantastic oppertunity to fullfill my childhood dreams"

3) Who are "et al"?

Please answer 1,2 & 3 honestly.

Gary
12/02/2002, 2:52 PM
Amazingly, I kind of agree with you Troy, But i think you have kinda missed the point. Yes any player would go across the water for more money, rather go to bloody Gortakeegan, but what the problem is is that we are getting no fee, and if we do its ridiculously small. We'll say had Delaney been a Cardiff player, and Leicester came in for him, they would have got £250,000, we got a little pittance. We got nowt for Gamble or BBM.

Because the league is the way it is, we will continue to lose our best young players, but if we could start getting fees for them, then the clubs could start building up more cash and later, amybe Irish clubs would be in a position to hold onto such young talent for a bit longer, a lá Norway.

Troy.McClure
12/02/2002, 3:08 PM
Ya Im with you an that one aswell, Im just still muffed on how it was Gunthers "Fault"?