PDA

View Full Version : Derry Council to sell Brandywell

dortie
12/03/2005, 9:08 AM
At last we have the chance to own and develop our own ground, about time the wasters in the council handed it over !

http://www.derrycity.gov.uk/publicnotice/090305-brandywell.pdf

thejollyrodger
12/03/2005, 9:44 AM
are there any plans to develop the grounds ? Does DCFC have to buy the grounds first?

dortie
12/03/2005, 9:55 AM
are there any plans to develop the grounds ? Does DCFC have to buy the grounds first?

DCFC have had plans/drawings for years. Most of us are still unsure as to what this is all about, its expected that this will be to the clubs benefit anyway. Its a step in the right direction from the Council for a change.

A face
12/03/2005, 4:08 PM
Am i right in saying that the last time this was talked about, the council said that it would only be sold on the condition that doggy crowd were looked after aswell (or am i wrong) .... what is the story with them now. Are they moving on somewhere else or what ??

Éanna
12/03/2005, 11:26 PM
Am i right in saying that the last time this was talked about, the council said that it would only be sold on the condition that doggy crowd were looked after aswell (or am i wrong) .... what is the story with them now. Are they moving on somewhere else or what ??
I think the "doggy crowd" (sounds like some sort of fetish group :eek: :D ) have a new stadium near Derry which they use more than the Brandywell. Could be wrong though

dancinpants
14/03/2005, 2:21 AM
I think that one of the stipulations of the deal (when it is done) is that the doggy men, and that the Derry 'n' District footie are included in the proposals to be put forward.

paudie
14/03/2005, 8:45 AM
As with most things the problem will be raising the finance.

How much do you reckon it will it cost to buy the ground?