PDA

View Full Version : Digital music question....

shedite
11/03/2005, 8:44 PM
Anybody here using the mycokemusic stuff? They're giving away a free song with every can or bottle. Anyway, it downloads as a wmv file which plays on medai player but when I tried to play it in iTunes (where I have all my music), it says it is a protected file? What's this about?

I though once you bought the song you were free to do what you like with it (ie make my own compilations). The mycokemusic service is actually quite good (big library, quick downloads) but there's not a lot I can do besides play music on my PC or move all my other music to wmv.

If coke are trying to get customers for this service through this advertising campaign it ain't gonna work.

Also, why's the santa hat back on foot.ie???

John83
12/03/2005, 4:02 PM
No it's not. :confused:

GavinZac
12/03/2005, 9:21 PM
Anybody here using the mycokemusic stuff? They're giving away a free song with every can or bottle. Anyway, it downloads as a wmv file which plays on medai player but when I tried to play it in iTunes (where I have all my music), it says it is a protected file? What's this about?

iTunes doesnt like wma's. (i presume you do mean wma). wma's still have their licensing built in and iTunes is very strict when it comes to licenses
your best bet is to use a wma to mp3 converter
and who pays for music these days anyway? ;)

because you need to empty your temporary internet files

shedite
12/03/2005, 11:04 PM
because you need to empty your temporary internet files

Problem was also related to the new coke music site. It required me to use IE, which I hadn't done in ages since I moved to Firefox. Obviously hadn't used it since christmas. Damn cookies!!!