PDA

View Full Version : Vincent and the Grenadines...

pineapple stu
11/03/2005, 12:59 PM
Just checking through the rsssf.com website and came to the St Vincent and the Grenadines league (http://www.rsssf.com/tabless/stvin04.html) (column for the fanzine - I'm not just gone mad!) Scroll down to the Group A table and in second place you'll see a team called - Wesley Charles Brighton All Stars! Anything to do with the big man himself? :confused: Surely too big of a coincidence?

paudie
11/03/2005, 1:06 PM
Some great team names there.

Universal Mufflers Samba FC :D

Roo69
11/03/2005, 1:43 PM
Just checking through the rsssf.com website and came to the St Vincent and the Grenadines league (http://www.rsssf.com/tabless/stvin04.html) (column for the fanzine - I'm not just gone mad!) Scroll down to the Group A table and in second place you'll see a team called - Wesley Charles Brighton All Stars! Anything to do with the big man himself? :confused: Surely too big of a coincidence?

Weso was actually born in Brighton, St Vincent's so it could be there way of paying hommage to him :D

Jesus you must be bored outta your mind to be checking league tables and stats for St Vincent's :D

pineapple stu
11/03/2005, 1:58 PM
Weso was actually born in Brighton, St Vincent's so it could be their way of paying hommage to him :D

That's mad! :p

Jesus you must be bored outta your mind to be checking league tables and stats for St Vincent's :D
Column for the fanzine - very popular the last two season (in the programme); even got a studio debate on RTÉ once after Brian de Salvo commented that it was only in a UCD match programme would you find league tables for Pakistan, some African country and Aruba...back in the studio, there was a quick explanation of where exactly Aruba was! Great fun of a column to do (check out the Algerian league, where one game was abandoned because the crowd started refusing to throw the balls back after they'd been kicked into touch, with the result that there were soon no balls left to play with! :D

paudie
14/03/2005, 4:13 PM
Time can go pretty fast when you're wading through all the info on www.rsssf.com

Fair_play_boy
17/03/2005, 7:58 PM
Jesus you must be bored outta your mind to be checking league tables and stats for St Vincent's :DWell done Stu for pointing us in the direction of this brilliant site.
Couldn't find the St. Vincent reference tho. I must e-mail it to a buddy who lives out there on Bequia Island. Gawd it is fairly remote there. The largest (only?) town on the island doesn't even have a name, so people call it "The Town". (Logical enough). And the road is called (Yep, you guessed) "The Road." NO fancy N17 or carp like that. :D
Please post the St. Vincent link.

pineapple stu
17/03/2005, 8:12 PM
The link is in my opening post...?

Alternatively, from the main menu, go to Current Domestic Results, Overview North and Central America (maybe not called exactly that) and scroll down to St Vincent and the Grenadines.

Fair_play_boy
17/03/2005, 8:17 PM
The link is in my opening post...?

Alternatively, from the main menu, go to Current Domestic Results, Overview North and Central America (maybe not called exactly that) and scroll down to St Vincent and the Grenadines.Got it. Ta Stu. :)