PDA

View Full Version : city beat cobh

ccfcgirl
10/03/2005, 8:35 PM
Good to hear pat dolan was at the match ,i never got to game .how did city play?

Éanna
10/03/2005, 9:20 PM
city played fairly well, good passing, but no real cutting edge, didn't carve out that many chances.

cheekyais
10/03/2005, 9:22 PM
Who played etc please for some of us that could'nt make it.?

ccfcgirl
10/03/2005, 9:30 PM
full match report on citys home page

Storysham
10/03/2005, 10:06 PM
Nice to see Fenn scoring.
Dont think Dolan did the right thing going to that game.

patsh
11/03/2005, 6:55 AM
very annoyed with our preformance..we were **** tonight.. :mad:
You lot are ALWAYS sh*te!...........:D

Ruairi
11/03/2005, 10:24 AM
how did city play?

Just to get slightly back on topic...

city were never really troubled, back four looked composed, kevin murray and benno played well enough together (dan murray was in belfast for the setanta cup launch which is why he didnt start)

not too sure about the 4-3-3 formation Rico used (or a 4-3-1-2, with george behind the front two), all well and good against teams like cobh, might be a bit lightweight against better sides.

flynny looked sharp, as did doyler.. was pretty impressed with billy too.. dont think mickey d had a save to make in the entire game.

as for the subs, neale fenn really impressed me.. really looks like he has a point to prove.. greg did well in the midfield "enforcers" role, and liam kearney was electric..

patsh
11/03/2005, 10:55 AM
Just to get slightly back on topic...

city were never really troubled, back four looked composed, kevin murray and benno played well enough together (dan murray was in belfast for the setanta cup launch which is why he didnt start)

not too sure about the 4-3-3 formation Rico used (or a 4-3-1-2, with george behind the front two), all well and good against teams like cobh, might be a bit lightweight against better sides.

flynny looked sharp, as did doyler.. was pretty impressed with billy too.. dont think mickey d had a save to make in the entire game.

as for the subs, neale fenn really impressed me.. really looks like he has a point to prove.. greg did well in the midfield "enforcers" role, and liam kearney was electric..
Good summation Ruairi.
Fenn and Kearney are the two players who have seriously impressed in the two games I saw so far.

TBF, the whole team/squad seems to have the right attitude, (except maybe Doyler, though I could be being a bit harsh), and look as if they are raring to go. A very good sign.

Counting Crow
11/03/2005, 2:53 PM
Fenn seems to be doing well in the pre season games.

That can only be good for us.

Hopefully Rico can bring out the best in him.

Crambler
11/03/2005, 4:31 PM
storysham,just wondering why do you think dolan was wrong to attend the game last night?i cannot see any reason why he should stay away.
anyway nice to see a good turnout with 5000.00 euro being donated to a good cause.

Storysham
11/03/2005, 8:05 PM
storysham,just wondering why do you think dolan was wrong to attend the game last night?i cannot see any reason why he should stay away.
anyway nice to see a good turnout with 5000.00 euro being donated to a good cause.

Not wrong, but its a bit to soon to be attending city games, i think his presence would undermine rico and the players, its time to move on dont need ghosts hanging around., im sure people were happy to see him. Its like being out with your new old doll and your ex is across the pub watching ya.

Éanna
11/03/2005, 11:35 PM
Its like being out with your new old doll and your ex is across the pub watching ya.
:D :D spot on

SSS
12/03/2005, 8:30 AM
storysham,just wondering why do you think dolan was wrong to attend the game last night?

I can accept him going to the game - he probably had nothing else to do that night. However, it was the ultimate sad, "love me please" act of standing in the middle of the main exit gate in time for everyone to see him and maybe give him a few words of comfort that was a bit odd. Imagine hanging around outside a job you've been fired from so that people could see you and offer condolance.
For all his talent and passion, I don't think that Dolan is particularly mature in some respects.

As for the game itself: The players were well up for it and the front runners looked fit and sharp, as did Gamble. The biggest concern I have is the new formation (varying between 4-3-1-2 and 4-3-2-1 [Doyle played a bit deep in the first half - almost beside George and behind Johnny]). Everytime Hoggie and Danny had the ball there was little (and I don't mean Kearney) wide outlet for them and thus the process of moving the ball forward became more complex and laboured. It was this slowness in build up that, IMO, contributed to our poor form early last season and was most manifest then in Fenn. His skill is beyond doubt but he slowed the pace of the game down alot last season. I think the new formation has the same potential, with or without Fenn. It is telling that the two goals finally game when the guys did manage to get wide, inspite of the formation.

Having mentioned Fenn as a negative above, I must say that his application pre-season has been fantastic and I hope he can contribute to the team - but if his ball retention ends up slowing down the pace, he'll not last in the first 11.

Citygirl
12/03/2005, 2:07 PM
Can anyone tell me how former City U21 Ken Kiely played for Ramblers?

GavinZac
12/03/2005, 7:50 PM
I can accept him going to the game - he probably had nothing else to do that night. However, it was the ultimate sad, "love me please" act of standing in the middle of the main exit gate in time for everyone to see him and maybe give him a few words of comfort that was a bit odd.

or maybe... just maybe... i know im pushing it a bit here... he wanted to see a game of football in aid of the thousands dead. i know i've come up with some CRAZY rumours (i dunno where i was going with that dolan and lennox arent talking thing) but just this once, i think we could risk this theory

Troy.McClure
12/03/2005, 10:42 PM
Im sure he's got a Trocaire box at home

A face
12/03/2005, 10:50 PM
Im sure he's got a Trocaire box at home

And ..... So ...... ahh ...... does that mean that hes not allowed go now.

This whole episode has been down right stupid at times and something tells me we are not over it yet.

Éanna
12/03/2005, 11:13 PM
or maybe... just maybe... i know im pushing it a bit here... he wanted to see a game of football in aid of the thousands dead. i know i've come up with some CRAZY rumours (i dunno where i was going with that dolan and lennox arent talking thing) but just this once, i think we could risk this theory
there's going to a football match- which is fine- and there's parading around a ground, and then deliberatley waiting around the gate with 10mins to go so everyone HAS to walk past you. It was an ego trip.

A face
12/03/2005, 11:22 PM
deliberatley waiting around the gate

Was he deliberatley waiting for people he was with ??

Was he deliberatley wanting to meet other people who involved in Cork football, where he worked for the last two odd years

Was he deliberatley breathing the fúcking air you so vitally wanted

Was it deliberate ..... was it any of your business ..... was it up to you to decide

Did he deliberatley disobey his curfew that you have imposed upon the guy

What other crimes aganist humanity did he commit that night ??

Will the behaviour and social conduct police deliberatley not tell Dolan what he can and cant do so that he might be seen to deliberatley disobey again any time soon

Éanna
12/03/2005, 11:32 PM
Was he deliberatley waiting for people he was with ??

Was he deliberatley wanting to meet other people who involved in Cork football, where he worked for the last two odd years

Was he deliberatley breathing the fúcking air you so vitally wanted

Was it deliberate ..... was it any of your business ..... was it up to you to decide

Did he deliberatley disobey his curfew that you have imposed upon the guy

What other crimes aganist humanity did he commit that night ??

Will the behaviour and social conduct police deliberatley not tell Dolan what he can and cant do so that he might be seen to deliberatley disobey again any time soon
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: Believe what you like fella, his timing in going down to the entrance was no coincidence. I was watching the way he strolled down- he was looking for attention

Troy.McClure
12/03/2005, 11:33 PM
I dont care too much one way or the other, but like I said, if he wants to donate money, there's easier ways (basically I think that Gavins aregument was weak to say the least).

I think the old doll metaphore is the best way to look at it. We've had our fun but its time to put a bit of space between us and focus on Rico for a while.

Éanna
12/03/2005, 11:38 PM
I think the old doll metaphore is the best way to look at it. We've had our fun but its time to put a bit of space between us and focus on Rico for a while.
exactly.

The very fact that we're talking about Dolan and not the match pretty much proves the point

A face
12/03/2005, 11:46 PM
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: Believe what you like fella, his timing in going down to the entrance was no coincidence. I was watching the way he strolled down- he was looking for attention

But Eanna my point is ..... does it really matter what or where he was ??

Seriously ... giving out about him like that, you sound like an auld one bítchin' with the neightbour over that garden fence. It does matter a fúck if he was standing on his head at the gate. He could be doing a ****in' limbo dance in the Woodford tomorrow and that still shouldn't matter.

When we say .... lets get on with it, Ricos here etc. .... that is fine. That doesn't mean that Dolan should be exiled in Tazmania or somewhere. He is entitled to do as he pleases.

Éanna
12/03/2005, 11:53 PM
But Eanna my point is ..... does it really matter what or where he was ??
If his behaviour is a deliberate attempt to undermine our club/chairman/manager, then yes it DOES matter.

When we say .... lets get on with it, Ricos here etc. .... that is fine. That doesn't mean that Dolan should be exiled in Tazmania or somewhere. He is entitled to do as he pleases.He doesn't have to be exiled, but this attention seeking bullshít is very bad form on his part. For his own sake he should have the dignity to lie low for a bit and not be carrying on like this- that way he could be remembered for what he was: an excellent manager who was highly respected by the fans, not as a bitter, vain man who couldn't let go.

A face
13/03/2005, 12:25 AM
He doesn't have to be exiled, but this attention seeking bullshít is very bad form on his part. For his own sake he should have the dignity to lie low for a bit and not be carrying on like this- that way he could be remembered for what he was: an excellent manager who was highly respected by the fans, not as a bitter, vain man who couldn't let go.

I hear what you are saying ..... and that is one side of the matter

But Eanna (and others with the same opinion) ... surely you must realise that there is another side aswell, not detracting from yours, but the IS another side .... and i'd hazard a guess that Dolan shares it.

The club sacked him, it was never going to be a clean cut operation. Give him the P45 and then start wishing for the bad man to go away was never going to be the scenario, you know that ... dont you !?!!?!

The guy lives here ..... he is involved in football here, no longer with city admittedly, but a guy like Dolan would always have been mixing with people outside the club ..... he is not going to hide under the stairs not matter how much anyone wants him too. And him not hiding under the stairs isn't a deliberate attempt to get at anyone.

SSS
13/03/2005, 9:31 AM
The guy lives here ..... he is involved in football here, no longer with city admittedly, but a guy like Dolan would always have been mixing with people outside the club ..... he is not going to hide under the stairs not matter how much anyone wants him too. And him not hiding under the stairs isn't a deliberate attempt to get at anyone.

Dolan watched the game directly behind the dugout. That's fine, it's a good vantage point. I was directly across the pitch from him.
At full time I made my way to the gate ( a shorter journey for me than him) at a good pace - but Dolan was already in situ. I'm not talking about a consipiracy by Dolan or anything, but I do think he craves attention and it looked sad. He wanted to be seen and loved - IMO based on what I saw. I'd put it down more to some lack of maturity or inner insecurity than a plan to mess with CCFC.

Counting Crow
13/03/2005, 10:34 AM
Dolan watched the game directly behind the dugout.

That was simply sad! Why didn't he go to the opposite side of the pitch. St Colemans Park has 7 steps on one side and 4 on the other so one could hardly say he had a much better vantage point at that side.

The more I hear about his antics the more respect I am loosing for him. I was a huge Dolan fan during his tenure at City and backed him when others were slagging him off, but the carry on since his departure smacks of an egotistic, self centered individual intent on de-railing our team before the season starts.

If he really cares for the players and fans, like he continuously pontificated to all last season, did he not think that standing behind the bench during a game would be a distraction to the players as well as being extremely difficult for the new manager?

Grow up and show that you really care for this club......or was that just "spin talk" as well.

Éanna
13/03/2005, 12:04 PM
But Eanna (and others with the same opinion) ...
what opinion is that then?

The club sacked him, it was never going to be a clean cut operation. Give him the P45 and then start wishing for the bad man to go away was never going to be the scenario, you know that ... dont you !?!!?!

He was sacked, he's gone, its over. It is that simple as far as I'm concerned.

The guy lives here ..... he is involved in football here,How is he involved with football here? AFAIK, he was involved with City only, so unless you count him acting as Steve O'Flynn's agent all of a sudden, he isn't involved.

I'm not saying (nor would I say) that the man isn't entitled to go to games. It was the attention-seeking behaviour which annoyed me.

A face
13/03/2005, 12:11 PM
How is he involved with football here?

Why are you asking that ? That is a dumb question to be fair

Pat ..... if you are out there, get back under the stair fella, theres a good chap !! :eek:

Éanna
13/03/2005, 12:13 PM
Why are you asking that ? That is a dumb question to be fair

Why am I asking it? maybe because i want to know the answer :rolleyes: So go on, tell me, how is he involved in Cork football?

A face
13/03/2005, 12:22 PM
Why am I asking it? maybe because i want to know the answer :rolleyes: So go on, tell me, how is he involved in Cork football?

There is no way i am getting involved in this. It is ridiculous.

Eanna, if you want to castigate the guy then fair enough. It is like a fúckin' witch hunt with you over the last month. Lennox himself said that it was great having Dolan at the club over the last two years, what has happened has happened. It aint going to be one of the more memorable events in the clubs history ...... but Eanna ..... you seem to be going in for a pound of flesh everytime you get the chance. You are literally chewing at the bit in some of your posts, has he done something to your family or what like ??

Éanna
13/03/2005, 12:25 PM
There is no way i am getting involved in this. It is ridiculous.

Eanna, if you want to castigate the guy then fair enough. It is like a fúckin' witch hunt with you over the last month. Lennox himself said that it was great having Dolan at the club over the last two years, what has happened has happened. It aint going to be one of the more memorable events in the clubs history ...... but Eanna ..... you seem to be going in for a pound of fleash everytime you get the chance. You are literally chewing at the bit in some of your posts, has he done something to your family or what like ??
I have not indulged in any "witch hunt" or looked for any "pound of flesh". I want CCFC to move on from this and be better or stronger. BTW, if you want to misread what I say and acuse me of things I haven't done, don't you think you'd be better off posting on corkcityfc.ie forums :rolleyes:

A face
13/03/2005, 12:30 PM
I have not indulged in any "witch hunt" or looked for any "pound of flesh". I want CCFC to move on from this and be better or stronger. BTW, if you want to misread what I say and acuse me of things I haven't done, don't you think you'd be better off posting on corkcityfc.ie forums :rolleyes:

Alright Eanna .... fair enough ... you're right ..... i'll even say i'm wrong .... lifes too short, and this debate a tad too silly to be getting worked up over.

Roll on Harps !!

Éanna
13/03/2005, 1:05 PM
Alright Eanna .... fair enough ... you're right ..... i'll even say i'm wrong .... lifes too short, and this debate a tad too silly to be getting worked up over.

Roll on Harps !!
exactly. see ya in ballybofey then :)