PDA

View Full Version : St Pats need not worry!

BrAyCMilan
11/03/2005, 8:12 AM
Well, after that dismal display lastnight, I'd say Johnny Mc Donnell (who was in the crowd of 50 or so) is rubbing his hands in anticipation of next Friday night when Pat's arrive with their red & white army. Bray were simply awful and the future does not look too good. No strength in depth with the squad.

Hibs4Ever
11/03/2005, 8:45 AM
What happened last night?

Roo69
11/03/2005, 8:50 AM
What happened last night?

Bray 0 - 3 Dublin City

The most upsetting thing about the night was the racial abuse that Weso received shortly before his red card. Absolutey shocking :mad:

Hibs4Ever
11/03/2005, 9:09 AM
Racial abuse from who?

wws
11/03/2005, 9:18 AM
lull us into a false sense of security eh???? great log in name there by the way...BrayCmilan!! i love it!

I wouldnt worry bray- we're crap at the moment and just hoping Roddy relegates team number three this season to keep us outta the brown trouser places....

footballplease
11/03/2005, 9:27 AM
Dear oh dear oh dear, what a shocker!!!!

I was standing behind the goal where wes got the red card and the guy was giving him some serious racial abuse. Fair play though - a hell of a punch - knocked him into next week!! :D Still, he should not have reacted.

A few points worth noting;

1 Few of our lot seem to be able to control the ball,
2 Worrying that Devo is trying the 3-4-3 system for the pats game as we dont have the players
3 Playing pip out left is not going to work - no point in bringing in a player of his quality and sticking him out wide.
4 Wes surely wont react like that again! ( i hope)
5 Better to have an off night now then in the season

Fair play to Home Farm though - some nice play and well taken goals - missed a peno too.

All in all, a worrying night. Saw some of the coaching staff standing near me laughing and joking, chatting about chelsea, etc. Felt like decking them - one week before the season starts and the team is a shambles!!!!!! :eek:

Roo69
11/03/2005, 9:39 AM
Dear oh dear oh dear, what a shocker!!!!

I was standing behind the goal where wes got the red card and the guy was giving him some serious racial abuse. Fair play though - a hell of a punch - knocked him into next week!! :D Still, he should not have reacted.

A few points worth noting;

1 Few of our lot seem to be able to control the ball,
2 Worrying that Devo is trying the 3-4-3 system for the pats game as we dont have the players
3 Playing pip out left is not going to work - no point in bringing in a player of his quality and sticking him out wide.
4 Wes surely wont react like that again! ( i hope)
5 Better to have an off night now then in the season

Fair play to Home Farm though - some nice play and well taken goals - missed a peno too.

All in all, a worrying night. Saw some of the coaching staff standing near me laughing and joking, chatting about chelsea, etc. Felt like decking them - one week before the season starts and the team is a shambles!!!!!! :eek:

I'd probably agree with most of that myself, although we were by far the better side in the 1st half when we were playing 3-4-3, at time it was 3 centre halfs, 2 wing backs 2 centre mid and 3 up front, caused them loads of problems with Zayed and Ryaner switching at will. Some nice stuff and positives from the 1st half, but went pear shaped when Weso got his marching orders.

Chopper still looks unfit, expoected seeing as his missed nearly all of last season. I think with a few more matches under all the players belts that we should be okish. Have seen Pats in pre-season as well and on what ive seen both teams are'nt that far apart at present. I heard they have 6 suspended for the 1st game as well - Daragh Maguire, Paul Donnelly, Keith Fahey, Ger Rowe, anyone know the 2 others ?

With Regards to Dublin City - very impressed with them ! they will walk the 1st division this year. extremely well organised and good pace in their side. Defo players there who could do a job in the premier, can't understand why no premier clubs didnt snap up Wheelahan ? The keeper was brilliant as well, some magic saves !

lowflyingseagul
11/03/2005, 11:19 AM
you're living in dream land .we're going down possibly by september. dreadfull performance last night ,long as sweeper jesus h christ

Ringo
11/03/2005, 12:39 PM
pre- season is exactly that. i wouldn't panic too much it i were you & i won't be getting over exited at us winning the first division again. there a lot of games to go.

Schumi
11/03/2005, 1:14 PM
A HF player was giving him racial abuse??

footballplease
11/03/2005, 2:47 PM
Yes schumi, a player! Was a bit shocked at this as i thought players were the ones trying to get racism out of football! :rolleyes:

Roo69
11/03/2005, 3:15 PM
Yes schumi, a player! Was a bit shocked at this as i thought players were the ones trying to get racism out of football! :rolleyes:

I really hope the league and Dublin City take action against him for this, totally out of order and needs to be stamped out of the game from sources. I think it was there captain as well, but sand to be corrected on that. I take it that he doesnt wear the black and white band anti-racisit band ? SCUMBAG of the highest order.

Sheridan
11/03/2005, 3:29 PM
I really hope the league and Dublin City take action against him for this, totally out of order and needs to be stamped out of the game from sources. I think it was there captain as well, but sand to be corrected on that. I take it that he doesnt wear the black and white band anti-racisit band ? SCUMBAG of the highest order.
If this allegation is proven, then the player involved (and I think I know who it is, from piecing together other reports of the incident) should apologise unequivocally (at the very least) or be released forthwith. Completely unacceptable behaviour and contrary to everything the club stands for.

Roo69
11/03/2005, 3:38 PM
If this allegation is proven, then the player involved (and I think I know who it is, from piecing together other reports of the incident) should apologise unequivocally (at the very least) or be released forthwith. Completely unacceptable behaviour and contrary to everything the club stands for.

Oh it defo happend alright.........100% positive

YoungHoop
11/03/2005, 3:45 PM
in all fairness, its terrible to think that the racial abuse is finding its way in to our game and I feel sorry for was for having to put up with it.
He should not have to put up with that and im sure he knows that himself. But if the reports are true and the ref includes it in his report I will be expecting at least a 5 game ban for a direct punch to the face. Maybe some one in bray should teach weso to miss time a tackle on players like the YOB that was abusing him. But nothing can be done about that as they didn't hear him but wezo will have to know that he is big and he cant just hit people in the face and think it will be ok.

Maynard
11/03/2005, 5:09 PM
I have alot of respect for Wesley as a player, and I'm very sad to hear that this incident was incited by a Dublin City player. If it's in the refs report then he should take what he is given, if not I'd expect Dermot Keely should be able to sort that individual. Slightly off the point, whoever was captain last night was only standing in as Trevy Vaughan has been awarded the captaincy for the club this year.

Stevo Da Gull
17/03/2005, 9:38 PM
According to the Bray people the incident was between Wes and Robbie Hedderman