PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Keegan

carrickharp
11/03/2005, 7:08 AM
On his way out of Man City.

Macy
11/03/2005, 7:23 AM
Celtic fans should be worried - all of the liars on 5live last night reckon they're getting O'Neill... :eek: :D

ciaran76
11/03/2005, 7:34 AM
Keegam must have spent more money then any other managers in the Prem. with all the teams he managed. He i don't think is a good manager but he loves football and thats why he keeps going back to management i think.

Also has Martin O Neill has an agreement to give 1 years notice in his contract?I suppose it doesn't matter as most contracts today in football are broken anyway ! :rolleyes:

Macy
11/03/2005, 7:56 AM
Also has Martin O Neill has an agreement to give 1 years notice in his contract?I suppose it doesn't matter as most contracts today in football are broken anyway !
I'm sure he'd break it for the most gargantuan job in British football.

ciaran76
11/03/2005, 8:04 AM
The last i read Man City were about 60 million in debt. I am sure he wouldn't go near them with this hanging over them? Esp. as Celtic are in a similar postion on the spending front.

I wonder is he(MO'N) holding out for the Man Utd job ?

I wonder will Man City go for a French or Spainish coach ?

Gary
11/03/2005, 8:11 AM
It'll be very interesting to see who will take over, Gordon Strachan, Gerard Houllier, Claudio Ranieri, Sam Allardyce?

Macy
11/03/2005, 8:16 AM
The last i read Man City were about 60 million in debt. I am sure he wouldn't go near them with this hanging over them? Esp. as Celtic are in a similar postion on the spending front.

No no, you just don't get it..... Only team to come from manchester, Maine Road was the widest pitch, maine road had taller floodlights, Oasis etc etc.... Why would he hold out for the United job when he can take up residence in the council house?

Junior
11/03/2005, 8:57 AM

I wonder will Man City go for a French or Spainish coach ?

Not a chance MON will go!!! Celtic's debt is somewhere in the region of £15.8m (per last set of accounts), reasonably modest in todays footballing environment - though the board have been prudent to say the least when it comes to spending!

MON is on a Rolling 12 month contract. He has never broken a contract in his career (i believe), however, I think this agreement was just to protect Celtic, should another club come head hunting - i.e. they'd have to buy him out of a years contract at the very least.

Babysis
11/03/2005, 12:14 PM
Id be watching Ian dowie. His family are living in oldham, and given Jordan's inability to put his hand in his pocket, and their looming relegation, he has been hotly linked with a move to Man city. I would reckon if Palace go down, Dowie Will take over at the end of the season.

ciaran76
11/03/2005, 12:21 PM
Good shout on Dowie there.
Also think that Big Sam at Bolton might be tempted a few miles down the road ?

Would he leave Bolton :confused:

Bluebeard
11/03/2005, 12:31 PM

I hope not - he's a bit of a legend there, and hopefully will take them into Europe for next season.

Babysis
11/03/2005, 12:48 PM
I heard about Dowie a few weeks ago. Know someone who is well in at Palace with the directors etc. I have to say that Id be surprised if Dowie goes before the end of the season, I dont think he would walk out on them this far in!! Guess we will have to wait and see

tetsujin1979
11/03/2005, 12:58 PM
Have to say I'm disappointed to see Keggy go. He has his downpoints - total lack of defensive tactics, overspending on players - but he brought a freshness and enthusiasm to the game, when he took over at Newcastle the football they played was breathtaking at times, if ultimately disastrous. Every club he ever took over, he got them promoted, and would have gotten Fulham to the Premiership if he'd stayed instead of taking the England job (and who is going to turn down the national coach's job??). First 2nd division/1st division/Championship side to top 100 points in a season, kept man city in the premiership longer than anyone, brought Flood through, saved Richard Dunne's career, defeated United 2 seasons running, was a handball away from beating them at Old Trafford. There were obvious mistakes too - letting Elliott go, letting McCarthy go will prove to be one. Going to miss him, even though I was expecting him to leave in the summer. If I was a betting man, I'd stick a few bob on Gordon Strachan.

holidaysong
11/03/2005, 3:14 PM
Stuart Pearce wants the Manchester City manager's job on a permanent basis after taking over from Kevin Keegan until the end of the season.

www.bbc.co.uk/football (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_city/4339117.stm)

Gibbe84
13/03/2005, 5:34 PM

Is the Citeh job even any better than Bolton? Sam recently announced he wouldn't take the Newcastle job because it wasn't any better than Bolton.

carrickharp
14/03/2005, 7:46 AM
Some quotes from Kevin Keegan (http://www.geocities.com/SouthBeach/Palms/6687/quotesframes.html)

Thunderblaster
19/03/2005, 12:35 AM
The greatest immortal line from Kevin Keegan happened at France '98 when he famously declared to Brian Moore after Michael Owen equalising against Romania. "There is only one team going to win this match now-and that is England!" Romania went on to win the game 2-1 with a winner by Dan Petrescu in the 89th minute.