PDA

View Full Version : 2018 podcasts

outspoken
15/02/2018, 2:29 PM
Have to say it’s brilliant to see such a selection of top quality LOI podcasts this year.

Monday: SSE Airtricity League Podcast entitled the Greatest League in the World podcast hosted by Con Murphy and Conan Byrne.

Wed: Between the Stripes LOI podcast, Extratime sportscast, LOI weekly, 98fm/off the ball podcast

Not sure what night the likes of Pundit arena do theirs but great choice for fans there.

Might as well get My shameless plug in and say Between the Stripes LOI podcast returned with Season 2 last night and featured a guest from each Premier club, including the likes of Ger Lyttle; Dinny Corcoran, Rhys Gorman, Dessie Baker, Shaun Kelly and Gavan Holohan among others. It really was a fantastic show and you can catch it here - LISTEN - https://audioboom.com/posts/6675001-it-s-back-premier-division-special
SUBSCRIBE ON ITUNES - https://goo.gl/8CweqF

Have I missed any? Add them below.

Park_Lane
15/02/2018, 3:42 PM
LOI weekly with Dan McDonnell and Johnny Ward is fairly good, also extratime.ie have one but haven't listened to it so far.
Newstalk used to have one with Stuey Byrne but it was only 20 minutes long and not the best as the hosts clearly had no interest in LOI

Longfordian
15/02/2018, 5:03 PM
Have to say it’s brilliant to see such a selection of top quality LOI podcasts this year.

Monday: SSE Airtricity League Podcast entitled the Greatest League in the World podcast hosted by Con Murphy and Conan Byrne.

Wed: Between the Stripes LOI podcast, Extratime sportscast, LOI weekly, 98fm/off the ball podcast

Not sure what night the likes of Pundit arena do theirs but great choice for fans there.

Might as well get My shameless plug in and say Between the Stripes LOI podcast returned with Season 2 last night and featured a guest from each Premier club, including the likes of Ger Lyttle; Dinny Corcoran, Rhys Gorman, Dessie Baker, Shaun Kelly and Gavan Holohan among others. It really was a fantastic show and you can catch it here - LISTEN - https://audioboom.com/posts/6675001-it-s-back-premier-division-special
SUBSCRIBE ON ITUNES - https://goo.gl/8CweqF

Have I missed any? Add them below.

Haven’t finished your podcast yet but at last count you had three “first guest”s! Otherwise so far so good.

El-Pietro
15/02/2018, 5:13 PM
I listened to the Longford podcast. Surprisingly good production quality and decent interviews for the most part. Don't see any reason to listen to it throughout the season but I might check it out from time to time.

Martinho II
15/02/2018, 6:12 PM
buzz have a sports podcast with Roddy Collins on it every week. its on soundcloud and iTunes. Mark McCadden sometimes presents it. I didn't know SSE Airtricity league website have a podcast. any link to it as I couldn't see it on their website?

outspoken
Haven’t finished your podcast yet but at last count you had three “first guest”s! Otherwise so far so good.

Haha yeah that was our only mistake, few guests didn’t answer when they were suppose to so had to shuffle the running order last minute. If that’s my only complaint each week I’ll be happy.

outspoken
buzz have a sports podcast with Roddy Collins on it every week. its on soundcloud and iTunes. Mark McCadden sometimes presents it. I didn't know SSE Airtricity league website have a podcast. any link to it as I couldn't see it on their website?

Doesn’t start till Feb 18th.

Martinho II
15/02/2018, 6:14 PM
ah right makes sense. oh by the way 98 fm and off the ball have merged their league of Ireland podcasts now with Jamie moore as presenter and oisin langan as reporter! theres a small piece on Newstalks one tonight heard it last night on off the ball!

outspoken
15/02/2018, 6:15 PM
I listened to the Longford podcast. Surprisingly good production quality and decent interviews for the most part. Don't see any reason to listen to it throughout the season but I might check it out from time to time.

Cheers El-Pietro, sound quality is something we struggled with when we first started out but some new equipment here and there has absolutely nailed it for the most part, you’re always in the hands of the Gods when it comes to internet connection for over the phone interviews but last night was spot on. Think the vast majority have got the message we are a LOI podcast and not a Longford podcast, although we do naturally focus on De Town from time to time and go into a little bit more detail on them. Thanks for listening tho

Longfordian
15/02/2018, 6:28 PM
Haha yeah that was our only mistake, few guests didn’t answer when they were suppose to so had to shuffle the running order last minute. If that’s my only complaint each week I’ll be happy.

Ah yeah I can understand how it happens with so many people to speak to. Been listening to the podcast for the last while it’s been improving all the time and it passes the time on the journey into work.

IsMiseSean
15/02/2018, 6:36 PM
LOI Weekly is the only one I listened to regularly last season. Never got into the other ones.
I'll try out the new Con Murphy podcast when it starts up.

El-Pietro
15/02/2018, 7:03 PM
Cheers El-Pietro, sound quality is something we struggled with when we first started out but some new equipment here and there has absolutely nailed it for the most part, you’re always in the hands of the Gods when it comes to internet connection for over the phone interviews but last night was spot on. Think the vast majority have got the message we are a LOI podcast and not a Longford podcast, although we do naturally focus on De Town from time to time and go into a little bit more detail on them. Thanks for listening tho
Do ye cover the LOI as a whole each week? I just assumed it was a Longford podcast.

legendz
15/02/2018, 7:10 PM
This will be my first season listening to any of the LoI podcasts. Been meaning to listen to LoI Weekly for a while and enjoyed listening to it earlier today. I've been listening to The Guardian from across the pond for a good few years and one other one from across the water as well. I'll try and check out the Extra Time one and the Con Murphy one during the season. It's good to be spoilt for choice. The Monday one should fit in nicely as a review of the weekend just gone.

sbgawa
15/02/2018, 7:39 PM
Tales from the east stand. Well worth a listen....mostly rovers but general as well

outspoken
15/02/2018, 9:46 PM
Do ye cover the LOI as a whole each week? I just assumed it was a Longford podcast.

We cover the LOI 100% top to bottom, in fact most people seem to agree we give the most balanced coverage in terms of time given to Premier/First Division. Hence why we entitled the podcast Between the Stripes LOI podcast and not just Between the Stripes Podcast. As Longfordian said above (and thanks for that Longfordian) it really has improved episode by episode, I thought last night was our best yet.

outspoken
15/02/2018, 9:47 PM
Tales from the east stand. Well worth a listen....mostly rovers but general as well

They’d a wonderful episode last season where Pat Flynn was in studio sipping cans with the lads. Absolutely hilarious. Nice guys too.

nigel-harps1954
15/02/2018, 9:55 PM
I really enjoy the Between The Stripes podcast. It's definitely improving constantly and got some great content across the league. Less farting about than some other podcasts.

Must try the new Con Murphy one too, I enjoyed his presenting style on MNS.

derm
16/02/2018, 8:58 AM
The lads from Rebel Radio are doing a podcast this year too called Rebel Yell (https://podtail.com/podcast/rebel-yell-cork-city-fc-podcast/)

They covered the whole of the LoI last week although the sound was poor in places. I presume it will be mostly City with LoI thrown in.

legendz
19/02/2018, 8:25 PM
Monday: SSE Airtricity League Podcast entitled the Greatest League in the World podcast hosted by Con Murphy and Conan Byrne.Gets the thumbs up from me. A good listen. This as a review and LoI Weekly as a preview are great.

outspoken
20/02/2018, 8:01 PM
Personally thought the GLITW one was a little strange, it was good like but I found it strange listening to them talk about clubs going bust down the years etc on the official League podcast. Not a complaint at all, it’s good they aren’t being overly PC or anything but just a thought that was in my head listening to it

outspoken
20/02/2018, 8:02 PM
Soccer republic now with a podcast also. Forgot to mention the Limerick fans one too. In or around 10 podcasts on the go now.