PDA

View Full Version : best mate out of the gold cup

the 12 th man
10/03/2005, 2:47 PM
just in case anybody had ante-post bets on him.
you've done your dough i'm afraid as he will not run.

Macy
10/03/2005, 3:10 PM
May even bet on it this year after the odds last year put me off...

Soko
10/03/2005, 3:51 PM
Interesting, I wasn't going to back him anyway. Just saw Kicking King is back in the running and I had him backed before so I'll go back him again now I think.

Kingdom
11/03/2005, 7:24 AM
The festival seems open for the kill this year. There are going to be some nice places in some of the lesser races (this happens often enough I know) but it seems to be really open this year.

drinkfeckarse
11/03/2005, 9:29 AM
Kicking King and Harchibald are my 2 main hopes, Barracouda and the Flyer are the obvious one's too I suppose. Best Mate was always going to be a poor bet anyway pricewise.

BTW, if anybody's got any tips for next week put them on this thread maybe?

I'll get a few myself no doubt and will let ye know. I was told one already...Liverpool Echo (I think) but I haven't done any homework on it yet to see if it's a valid choice.

the 12 th man
11/03/2005, 11:18 AM
there is a lot of rain forecast so there might be heavy ground for the first time in years = throw the form book out the window

Soko
11/03/2005, 5:24 PM
there is a lot of rain forecast so there might be heavy ground for the first time in years = throw the form book out the window

He would have had no chance so.

Hardy Eustace is my boy to get the festival off to a good start. Soft ground will kill Kicking King, might as well not even run if its a bit sticky.

thecorner
13/03/2005, 4:22 PM
TIP:

GOT THIS A WHILE BACK

contraband-think it could be the 3rd race on tuesday

Gibbe84
13/03/2005, 5:17 PM
My NAP is Spotthedifference for Tuesday's cross country. He's won the last two XC races on the course and hasn't got too much competition here. 11/4 is a big price. He won the XCs at both Punchestown and Cheltenham last year.

I'm going on the Wednesday and Fridays and am most looking forward to seeing the Flyer beat Azerty.

Soko
14/03/2005, 2:37 AM
I'm going on the Wednesday and Fridays and am most looking forward to seeing the Flyer beat Azerty.

I'll take Azeytioup in this one. Obviously Baracuda will win the stayers hurdle, I like Our Vic too. 2 short favourites but I'll back them to win anyday of the week.

SPTD is 3/1 most places.

drinkfeckarse
14/03/2005, 9:17 AM
I'll take Azeytioup in this one

I'm going for Moscow Flyer but personally think Well Chief is more of a danger than Azertioup. Not much between all 3 of them though.

Gibbe84
14/03/2005, 9:25 AM
I don't think Chief stays up the hill.

Soko
14/03/2005, 3:57 PM
I don't think Chief stays up the hill.

I dont think he has a chance to be honest. I hope they both stay on their feet though as its going to be a cracking race.

thecorner
16/03/2005, 4:16 AM
TIP:

GOT THIS A WHILE BACK

contraband-think it could be the 3rd race on tuesday

anybody take me up on my tip :D :D :D :D