PDA

View Full Version : Advance Notice: Connor on-line

Paraic
10/03/2005, 1:15 PM
I'm hoping to have Sean on-line on Tuesday next, 15 Mar at 6.45pm for one hour.

There'll be a message on the official site with more details and the link in the coming days.

ranting rover
10/03/2005, 1:25 PM
thanks for organising that - hopefully i'll be able to participate..

and er - presume you mean 15 march ??!! :rolleyes:

sligoman
10/03/2005, 5:04 PM
and er - presume you mean 15 march ??!! :rolleyes:

That's what he said :rolleyes:

ranting rover
10/03/2005, 5:27 PM
it said 15 Feb earlier today!! :eek:

and i already know that anyone can change their own posts... :D

sligoman
10/03/2005, 5:30 PM
it said 15 Feb earlier today!! :eek:

the advantages of having admin power ;)

OK, but anyone can change their own posts, you dont need to be an admin.

Petmuller
10/03/2005, 9:31 PM
So it just goes to prove that even Paraic can make a mistake ;)
Great interview with Michael McNamara Paraic ... on the :ball:

Paraic
11/03/2005, 8:49 AM
Thanks Petmuller.

BTW, what's a 'mistake' ? :confused: :D

So it just goes to prove that even Paraic can make a mistake ;)
Great interview with Michael McNamara Paraic ... on the :ball:

Rory H
13/03/2005, 11:48 AM
lets try to get a good attendance and a lot of questions in the time....he is giving his time so lets respect it.

sligoman
15/03/2005, 12:38 PM
Is anyone not going to post questions for Sean in here like the last time? Just in case you cant make it in to the chat this evening.

Redzer
15/03/2005, 12:49 PM
I would like someone to ask Sean this question.
You said at the AGM that any player not prepared to give 100% to Sligo Rovers would not be on your panel. Why is Paul McTiernan still a Sligo Rovers player, when he off playing GAA and is clearly not committed to Sligo Rovers F.C.?

Paraic
15/03/2005, 1:40 PM
Anyone with a firewall in work probably won't be able to access the chat room.

The link is now up on the official site. If people have problems accessing, they can leave questions here. As we did with the last on-line chat, we'll try to get to answer them - it'll depends on the numbers who dial in though as Sean is pretty busy with preparation for Saturday at the moment, so we'll be finishing no later than 7.45.

Redzer, to answer your question, Paul McTiernan is taking a break from the Rovers. there was a separate thread on this forum I think and also a piece on the offical site.

See ye on-line tonight.

Paraic

i take it any1 with a firewall can't get on it. only access to computer i have today is in college

Redzer
15/03/2005, 2:45 PM
Paraic, I understand that perfectly, but my point is that Sean has repeated on numerous occasions that only players 100% committed to Rovers will be playing for him. This is clearly not the case with P.McT. If he wants to play Gaelic, that’s all right. But, why should we wait for him to make up his mind, whether or not he wants to play for us again. I think it is sending out the wrong impression to other committed players. Especially the players who have given up the GAA to play for Rovers.

sligoman
15/03/2005, 5:41 PM
Link to the chat:

http://pub21.bravenet.com/chat/show.php/1779265662

gustavo
15/03/2005, 6:24 PM
lads couldnt get to the chat cos im in the IT . How did it go? when will there be a transcript put up?

SligoRoversfan
15/03/2005, 6:44 PM
****!! missed it,oh well i can scream my comments at sean and co. come sat nite!! :D ;)

sligoman
15/03/2005, 7:53 PM
when will there be a transcript put up?

It says on the website, that it will be put up there tommorrow.

1 9 2 8
15/03/2005, 8:33 PM
Here it is

Seán On Line (http://www.sligorovers.com/news/news_reports/2005/20050315_seanonline.htm)

I see Redzer's question wasn't asked

sligoman
15/03/2005, 9:24 PM
I see Redzer's question wasn't asked

I asked it but he never answered it!

ranting rover
16/03/2005, 8:24 AM
I asked it but he never answered it!

Last night was great and fair play to Paraic for organising it. Technically though there were a few glitches, I got disconnected loads of times and had to reconnect. Anyway, my point is that in between getting disconnected and reconnected I missed some posts - including sligoman asking this question - so it is possible that Sean didn't see the question either [he was disconnected a few times also].

A similar question was asked and Sean said that the ball is in the McT court. I think that it was a bit of a vague answer but I think it is a difficult situation when you have a talented player with both football and gaelic loyalties. It is possible to love both games and club/county equally. So I agree with Sean in the sense that McT needs to be given an opportunity to figure out what he wants to do - but the door shouldn't be closed. Look at our new captain - not a dissimilar situation a while back to the McT situation now - does anyone here think that he is not 100% focused on Rovers and the season ahead?