PDA

View Full Version : Cahill and Crowe To Sign For...

Peadar
08/02/2002, 4:10 PM
A rumor over on JW's MB (http://www.network54.com/Hide/Forum/91456) has Cahill and Crowe signing for $h€l$
Is this the end?
If it's true, Keeleys drones will be hard to beat next season :(

Neil
08/02/2002, 4:15 PM
It's more than a rumour I'd say. Cahill supposedly met with Shels last Saturday, so both parties probably spent the week thinking over the deal.

Schumi
08/02/2002, 4:18 PM
Would they buy both? I assume that neither would come cheap, to buy or to pay.

Bernie
08/02/2002, 4:20 PM
There was I looking to next year , like a fool.

Maybe 2004.

Oh f*** it anyway.

Peadar
08/02/2002, 4:21 PM
Originally posted by Schumi
I assume that neither would come cheap, to buy or to pay.

Cahill is out of contract at the end of the season and is free to agree terms with another club.

Neil
08/02/2002, 4:22 PM
Originally posted by Schumi
Would they buy both? I assume that neither would come cheap, to buy or to pay.
Both are out of contract in June, so Shels may have to pay no transfer fee.

Troy.McClure
08/02/2002, 5:16 PM
If Crowe is going anywhere, then its Carlile.

Gary
08/02/2002, 5:17 PM
Thats unreal. although Im actually more surprised at Crowe than Cahill. There is nothing at City to keep him. Unprofessional rubbish, run by unprofessional morons.

Good luck to him.

Neil
08/02/2002, 5:24 PM
Originally posted by GWA
There is nothing at City to keep him. Unprofessional rubbish, run by unprofessional morons.
And we're only getting worse. We were in a more professional state in the early nineties.

With this Board running the club, all we can do is watch us fall away to nothing....

Snatch
09/02/2002, 12:35 AM
If Ollie goes it'll be a disaster for us. He's barely missed a game since he came and has been our most threatening player for years now. Without Ollie we wouldn't be far off relegation material. Think about it. How many goals has he set up and scored this season. He is also essential to our away from home style of play.

Whether he would be a judas or not, I'm going to reserve judgement for a while but it would sicken me to see him play in the red of $hels. :(

mouldymurphy
09/02/2002, 7:58 PM
just like the start of the season when he was ment to be going to that english club dont know there name :mad:

Pablo
10/02/2002, 12:40 PM
gutted.

if he signs a pre contract deal he shouldnt be in the city squad anymore this season.
traitor.
first the mountfield thing and now this.
he couldnt give a toss about City.
what happened to the "i couldnt play for another Irish club" rubbish? rubbish

pete
11/02/2002, 9:26 AM
Since the season is now virtually dead (or will be soon) i think theres no excuse for the club & ollie to get down to negotiations & sort out a new deal.

niamh
11/02/2002, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by Peadar

If it's true, Keeleys drones will be hard to beat next season :(

Couldn't agree with you more. I don't think anyone would be capable of giving them a run for their money. They are looking good as it is this year anyway.

Shelsman
11/02/2002, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by GWA
Thats unreal. although Im actually more surprised at Crowe than Cahill. There is nothing at City to keep him. Unprofessional rubbish, run by unprofessional morons.

Good luck to him.

As GWA said there is nothing keeping him at City. If he was with Shels or Bohs ( or even Rovers or Pat's ) then he would win a trophy every season ( the League if with the first two ) -I'm sure most City fans would agree that a player of his quality deserves that.
City should act now and sign all of their most promising players on long term deals before they sell them for a whopping 50K if not for free!
City need proven strikers and if they are to really challenge for the League then they need to sign players of the calibre that Shels and Bohs are signing. They also need to go full time if they want to challenge Bohs or Shels as these two teams will gradually open up a bigger and bigger gap from the rest of the pack ( and rightly so for their professionalism ) each season.

City also need a good right winger to match Cahill ( if he stays ) as well as a creative midfielder.

dalo
12/02/2002, 8:21 AM
Originally posted by Shelsman

City need proven strikers and if they are to really challenge for the League then they need to sign players of the calibre that Shels and Bohs are signing. They also need to go full time if they want to challenge Bohs or Shels as these two teams will gradually open up a bigger and bigger gap from the rest of the pack ( and rightly so for their professionalism ) each season.

City also need a good right winger to match Cahill ( if he stays ) as well as a creative midfielder.

i agree with all the above yet i doubt if city are in a finiancially viable position to even go full time.

joe
12/02/2002, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by dalo

i agree with all the above yet i doubt if city are in a finiancially viable position to even go full time.

and why is that?

Neil
12/02/2002, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by dalo

Because you're beloved Board have squandered thousands of OUR pounds on junkets etc.

Becasue they fail consistently to organise any type of fundraising events.

Because they have no interest in going full-time because they are quite happy running a little side-show for the sake of a few bob in their back pockets.

A face
12/02/2002, 12:19 PM
A very poor quality (de heads on me video are feiced) City Life again last night and i must say Ollie will be a great loss to us, he is still our most skillful player i think.

Ultan
13/02/2002, 9:23 AM
The Crowe thing started off when Dermot Keely mentioned in his column in that bastion of support for Irish Football - The Sun - that he had approached Crowe recently with a view to moving across North Dublin. He also said that Bohs had made a similar made a move for Owen Heary but both offers were turned down by the players. Unfortunately what someone else stated in this thread is true, if Glenn goes anywhere in will be to play in the dizzy heights of the lower end of the English Third Division, and I have it on good authority (from Roddy Collins himself) that Crowe has no interest in doing this whatsoever.

Cahill however is a different kettle of fish. He's going. You're screwed. Sorry.

niamh
13/02/2002, 9:35 AM
Ehhhh. We realise that mate...

Patsys Fags
15/02/2002, 10:17 PM
Well Crowe just signed a new contract with Bohs so thats that rumour quashed but Ollie is undoubtedly going to $hel$ and who could blame him. The lure of a professionly run club is too big for a player of his calibre to turn down. Makes ya think, doesnt it.....

Shelsman
18/02/2002, 4:41 PM
I don't think that Cork City's poor season is entirely down to Liam Murphy. If he had no funds to bring in the players he needs then that's not his fault. The City squad does not stand up to that of Bohs and Shels and I think it's unreasonable to expect City to finish higher than them.