PDA

View Full Version : Sportscall Monday Night

paudie
10/03/2005, 8:08 AM
OK lads

the EL doesn't exactly feature regularly on Des Cahill's Monday evening programme so lets try to put that right.

Next Monday's programme is the last before the start of the new season and the last before the start of the Setanta Cup so if a good few EL supporters got in touch with the programme they might feature it.

In particular the Setanta Cup is an exciting venture for Irish football so if supporters from the competing clubs are available hopefully they'll put some of us on the air. The programme is on from 7 to 8 on Monday so that's all the time you'd have to be available for.

The contact email is sportscall@rte.ie
The 24hr telephone line is 01-2083457
From 6 to 8 on Monday the number is 1850-715900

I'm just going to send them an email saying I'm a Cork City supporter and looking forward to the new season and the Setanta Cup and would like to discuss it with Dessie.

If a lot of us contact them before Monday they'll have to at least discuss talking to us when they're deciding what will be talked about on Monday evening.

I'll put this on the Cork City official forum and the Shels & Longford forums as well.

Mark Breen
10/03/2005, 11:47 PM
Excuse the ignorance but,

What the hell is sports call.

Tv, Radio, Internet ????????

paudie
11/03/2005, 8:13 AM
Excuse the ignorance but,

What the hell is sports call.

Tv, Radio, Internet ????????

Radio 1. 7 to 8pm Monday nights.

Usually consists of GAA fans ringing up to complain about the referee at the match their team lost the previous day so they might be glad of a few Eircom League supporters being on for a change.

Mark Breen
12/03/2005, 12:53 AM
OK Cheers

So what chanel is radio 1 (am - fm) :confused:

Éanna
12/03/2005, 12:55 AM
radio 1 is around 89-90 FM. i think its on 729 am

OneRedArmy
12/03/2005, 8:45 PM
I bumped into Dessie last night in the pub and bent his ear about featuring the EL more on the show.

IN fairness he's an EL fan himself and pays his own money to see games, which can't be said for many other broadcasters.

harry crumb
12/03/2005, 10:39 PM
'Tis true. City were playing Bohs two seasons ago and he was at the match with his son. Even though he's a Bray supporter.

LukeO
12/03/2005, 11:22 PM
I suppose that is why he supported Wimbledon's plans to move to Dublin. :mad:

eircom League fan my arse :rolleyes:

paudie
15/03/2005, 7:41 AM
The producer of Sportscall did ring me back at 6.30 yesterday and talked to me for a couple of minutes about Cork City and how fans felt about Dolan leaving. Then he said he'd ring me back later on and put me on the show.

This didn't happen however. The show covered rugby, Cheltenham and Padraig Harrington's win.

Bloody golf!!

Rochey
15/03/2005, 8:39 AM
Fair play to you for giving it a go anyway.

paudie
15/03/2005, 8:53 AM
At least they have my number on file so they ring me for a comment in November when City win the league :D

Rochey
15/03/2005, 2:09 PM
At least they have my number on file so they ring me for a comment in November when City win the league

Or on where your season went wrong :p