PDA

View Full Version : Premier Division & First Division odds 2018.

Pages : [1] 2

ToberonaTornado
23/01/2018, 6:46 AM
As suggested on another thread.(open one)

First division seems wide open.

Premier not so much so.

Division 1
Galway 5/2
Longford 5/1
Shelbourne 6/1
UCD 7/1
Cobh8/1
Harps 8/1
Cabo 9/1
Drogs 12/1
Wexford 50/1
Athlone 80/1
=======================
Premier:
Dundalk 11/8
Cork 6/4
Shams 6/1
Derry 20/1
Waterford 25/1
Pats 25/1
Bray 40/1
Sligo 50/1
Bohs 66/1
Lims 66/1
======================
http://www.paddypower.com/football/irish-football/league-of-ireland-division-1
http://www.paddypower.com/football/irish-football/airtricity-league-premier-division

Bunny Kelly
23/01/2018, 7:39 AM
I know everyone is critical of the 10 team split but at least now we have a proper first division, 8 teams with 1 or 2 strong sides was dreadful at least now there as some decent matches, not that it will get any media coverage

Ezeikial
23/01/2018, 8:18 AM
The Premier Division betting suggests that only Rovers have little to play for, being nailed on for a Europa League spot from finishing 3rd or 4th

Little separates Cork & Dundalk in the betting - Presidents Cup match on 11 Feb might give some more insights

Derry / Waterford / St Pats all close in the betting. A savvy bet might be to have a punt on your preference of one of these to finish 3rd or ahead of Rovers. Unlikely to happen, but worth a look at the odds.

The bottom four are also interesting and there is some potential value in predicting who among these has the potential for a top five finish.

First Division is the usual lottery for those like me who don't know enough about the strengths of the teams. My hunch is that there is little value in the close odds between 7 of the 10 teams, with maybe there being some possible limited value with Drogheda at 12/1

sbgawa
23/01/2018, 8:32 AM
The smart bet is to get some money on now on Dundalk , those odds will look good when Peak6 bring in a few strong players over the next couple of weeks.
Rovers 6 to 1 looks good compared to Corks 6/4 if you look at the two teams post Maguire, plus we won't have 9 guys making their debuts this year in the first match.
The next few weeks will be interesting , if Dundalk sign some "galacticos" by Irish standards youd have to be worried about how competitive it will be

El-Pietro
23/01/2018, 8:44 AM
The smart bet is to get some money on now on Dundalk , those odds will look good when Peak6 bring in a few strong players over the next couple of weeks.
Rovers 6 to 1 looks good compared to Corks 6/4 if you look at the two teams post Maguire, plus we won't have 9 guys making their debuts this year in the first match.
The next few weeks will be interesting , if Dundalk sign some "galacticos" by Irish standards youd have to be worried about how competitive it will be

I would suggest that 7 or 8 of our starting XI for the game against Pats will have been here last season. We've signed a lot of players but it mainly gives us depth and options. We will be able to make more changes from game to game but our squad is more settled than it would seem given how many changes we've made.
Its also telling how Cork City signing players will mean we're unsettled but if Dundalk sign them they become massive favourites. Keep writing us off, it suits us.

As things stand Dundalk have lost 3 of their starting XI from the cup final, Vemmelund, McEleney and McMillan. We have lost just two, Delaney and Dooley, and we had Dooleys replacement in the squad for the second half of last season.

Dundalk have very clearly replaced McMillan (and Kilduff), but have they replaced Vemmelund/McEleney. McGrath and Connolly might combine to replace McEleney, but I don't think they have anyone as of yet ready to replace Vemmelund.

Delaney will be a loss for us, but we have Aaron Barry and Danny Kane as their replacements. One who already knows the league.

The players we have brought in are
Peter Cherrie - competition for McNulty but not first choice
Colm Horgan and Tobi - only one of those can realistically start, and may have to beat Stephen Beattie out to get that right back spot. Both give us a lot of depth for full back positions though.
Aaron Barry and Danny Kane, one or both of these could start the first game either alongside Alan Bennett, or each other. Benno is class but isn't gonna start every week.
Barry McNamee - brilliant, can't wait to see him in competitive games. Not guaranteed a first team place as Garry Buckley is one of those players who always seems to be in the team but very likely to start most games.
Graham Cummins and Josh O'Hanlon - Cummins is currently first choice, Josh is clearly sub. We are still trying to sign a striker but most likely another backup.

So of our 8 signings so far we could be looking at as few as 2 new starters, Barry/Kane and Cummins, or as many as 5. Horgan/Tobi, Barry, Kane, McNamee and Cummins. I think we will be closer to 2/3 though, and I think we will be much more settled than you might think, especially as most of these signings know the club or the league.

outspoken
23/01/2018, 9:10 AM

Apparently this season will be more of a bedding in period, hard to see who they’d get in at this stage.

ToberonaTornado
23/01/2018, 9:36 AM
whats the usual terms(cant see it on the pp site) is it half the odds 1st or 2nd?
Fancy Shels @ 6's

Ezeikial
23/01/2018, 9:45 AM

No galacticos this week anyway!

James Rogers‏ @jamesdundalk (https://twitter.com/jamesdundalk)
@jamesdundalk

No transfer activity expected at Oriel Park this week but Dundalk manager Stephen Kenny says he is hopeful of at least one new arrival in the next fortnight

https://twitter.com/jamesdundalk/status/955751724903555072

placid casual
24/01/2018, 7:37 PM
I would suggest that 7 or 8 of our starting XI for the game against Pats will have been here last season. We've signed a lot of players but it mainly gives us depth and options. We will be able to make more changes from game to game but our squad is more settled than it would seem given how many changes we've made.
Its also telling how Cork City signing players will mean we're unsettled but if Dundalk sign them they become massive favourites. Keep writing us off, it suits us.

Theres a glaring maguire shaped hole in your team.
Once he left last season you were mediocre at best.
Thats probably why the odds are on dundalk, and not the league & cup champions

patrickccfc
24/01/2018, 7:52 PM
Theres a glaring maguire shaped hole in your team.
Once he left last season you were mediocre at best.
Thats probably why the odds are on dundalk, and not the league & cup champions

Dundalk also have a glaring Mceleney and McMillan shaped hole. So both teams have lost very influential players. We lost maguire half way through the season but never replaced him and therefore struggled the final third of the season. Both teams have recruited well I think so it's just a matter of how quickly the new players gel.

jinxy lilywhite
24/01/2018, 9:57 PM
Don't know what you mean lads. Baby steps for dundalk this season. Rovers league to lose for bradser

sbgawa
24/01/2018, 10:08 PM
Lol prince's and paupers before you even sign your galacticos :)

osarusan
25/01/2018, 9:04 AM
What are the relegation odds?

nigel-harps1954
25/01/2018, 1:08 PM

Odds on that someone will get relegated.

pineapple stu
25/01/2018, 1:38 PM
That's a rarity for the league.

nigel-harps1954
25/01/2018, 2:30 PM
That's a rarity for the league.

Relegated/demoted/going bust. It all falls into a similar category.

sbgawa
25/01/2018, 3:46 PM

Turn the odds for winning the league on their head.

So its Limerick 11/8 Bohs at 6/4 Sligo 6/1 etc

Obviously that's not quite scientific

RathfarnhamHoop
25/01/2018, 4:07 PM
Premier:
Dundalk 11/8
Cork 6/4
Rovers 6/1
Derry 20/1
Waterford 25/1
Pats 25/1
Bray 40/1
Sligo 50/1
Bohs 66/1
The team that must not be named 66/1

Just fixed some small errors you had

redarmyfaction
25/01/2018, 9:15 PM
Turn the odds for winning the league on their head.

So its Limerick 11/8 Bohs at 6/4 Sligo 6/1 etc

Obviously that's not quite scientific

Not one bit scientific, if Powers were to put up a book for last place true you would expect them to invert the winners book, but consider this, Powers give us a 2% chance, and Bohs a 1.5% of winning the league, while they give ye a 14% and Cork a 39% chance (albeit in an overound book) meaning there would be a few takers for your 6/1 about us for last place.
If I have 10 minutes tomorrow I will price it up.

dong
25/01/2018, 9:23 PM
I know everyone is critical of the 10 team split but at least now we have a proper first division, 8 teams with 1 or 2 strong sides was dreadful at least now there as some decent matches, not that it will get any media coverage

Its not so much the number of teams but the constant tinkering that bugs me.

redarmyfaction
25/01/2018, 9:24 PM
Not one bit scientific, if Powers were to put up a book for last place true you would expect them to invert the winners book, but consider this, Powers give us a 2% chance, and Bohs a 1.5% of winning the league, while they give ye a 14% and Cork a 39% chance (albeit in an overound book) meaning there would be a few takers for your 6/1 about us for last place.
If I have 10 minutes tomorrow I will price it up.
Sorry Cork are Given 40% not 39%.

ToberonaTornado
25/01/2018, 11:31 PM
Just fixed some small errors you had

Is the shortening of the name Shamrock rovers to Shams seen as an insult among your fans?(my use of it in the OP was never meant as one btw)

Anyway PP have pushed yous out to 8/1 with Cork & Dundalk now joint favs @ 6/4.A few other changes as well in both divisions since Tuesday.

http://www.paddypower.com/football/irish-football/airtricity-league-premier-division

Boylesports ​have also started a market for the Premier Division - http://www.boylesports.com/betting/football/ireland/winner---airtricity-premier-division/?navigationid=23.1,284.1,3395766.1

redarmyfaction
25/01/2018, 11:43 PM
I don't have excel so off the top of my head fire the poster looking for last place prices I would bet based on Powers first show.
Bohs 7/2
Lim 7/2
SRFC 4/1
Bray 9/2
Waterford 8/1
Parts 8/1
Derry 9/1
DF 25/1
Cork 66/1
Dub 66/1.

vinnie
26/01/2018, 1:22 PM
Is the shortening of the name Shamrock rovers to Shams seen as an insult among your fans?(my use of it in the OP was never meant as one btw)

You'll get a few snowflakes that it will offend, but if the read they Shamrock Rovers history books they'd realise that in the early days the supporters preferred to be called Shams

RathfarnhamHoop
26/01/2018, 7:46 PM

Anyway PP have pushed yous out to 8/1 with Cork & Dundalk now joint favs @ 6/4.A few other changes as well in both divisions since Tuesday.

Boylesports ​have also started a market for the Premier Division - http://www.boylesports.com/betting/football/ireland/winner---airtricity-premier-division/?navigationid=23.1,284.1,3395766.1

Not an insult, at least not in this case, just personal preference that I prefer Rovers, which i think is shared by the majority of fans.
Its just you'll never hear someone say "I'm going to the shams match tonight" itll be "I'm going to the rovers match tonight"

oriel
26/01/2018, 7:58 PM

I’m not surprised to see both PP and Boyles quoting same odds for Dundalk and Cork as there is going to be very little between the two this season.

The real barometer will be who is on top at the mid season break.

Charlie Darwin
30/01/2018, 1:00 AM
You'll get a few snowflakes that it will offend, but if the read they Shamrock Rovers history books they'd realise that in the early days the supporters preferred to be called Shams
Id have thought it was more than in most cases it's meant to annoy people. Football fans being football fans, there are always some who will take offence.

total hoofball
30/01/2018, 7:41 PM
11/1 for either Cobh and Drogheda with PP is tempting when there is sod all difference in squads strengths (so far) with them and Galway, Longford, Shels and Harps

thebronze14
30/01/2018, 10:25 PM
Have Shels signed well or what? They were very poor last season. Haven't heard much about them in pre-season

outspoken
31/01/2018, 10:56 AM
Have Shels signed well or what? They were very poor last season. Haven't heard much about them in pre-season

Shels improved as the year went on last year. The signing of David O’Sullivan gives them something a lot of teams are crying out for a proven goal scorer. I personally think Harps will win it.

total hoofball
31/01/2018, 7:33 PM
Best players from last season have been re-signed leaving a more settled starting XI into the new season and signed a proven prolific goalscorer at FD level which Shels have cried out for the past 3 seasons

Biggest concerns is that there is question marks over Heary in general and the centre of defence while being very experienced is getting on a bit and may be smashed for pace in a youthful division. And a chunk of the hardcore fanbase boycotting home games doesn't help either.

It's either going to be a season where we win the division or car crash finishing 8th

thebronze14
01/02/2018, 4:27 PM
Thanks Outspoken and Hoofball, wsn't aware that they signed OSullivan

onlooker
01/02/2018, 5:12 PM
Best players from last season have been re-signed leaving a more settled starting XI into the new season and signed a proven prolific goalscorer at FD level which Shels have cried out for the past 3 seasons

Biggest concerns is that there is question marks over Heary in general and the centre of defence while being very experienced is getting on a bit and may be smashed for pace in a youthful division. And a chunk of the hardcore fanbase boycotting home games doesn't help either.

It's either going to be a season where we win the division or car crash finishing 8th

"Heary in general and the centre of defence while being very experienced is getting on a bit"
Is Owen Heary still playing?

micls
01/02/2018, 6:18 PM
I’m not surprised to see both PP and Boyles quoting same odds for Dundalk and Cork as there is going to be very little between the two this season.

The real barometer will be who is on top at the mid season break.

Midseason break this year is after 2/3 of the league games have been played. If either team has opened a bit of a lead by then they'll be hard to catch.

ToberonaTornado
09/02/2018, 6:48 PM
Seen these odds on Tuesday and forgot to post them.:eek:

Premier Division relegation(PP)

Redacted FC 13/8
Bray Wanderers 7/4
Sligo Rovers 7/2
Bohs 4/1
Waterford FC 5/1
Derry 12/1
Pats 14/1
Shams 50/1
Dundalk & Cork 100/1

Premier Division top goalscorer(PP)

R.Murray,G.Cummins,P.Hoban - all 6/1
C.Fagan 9/1
R.Patterson 12/1
K.Sheppard 14/1
D.Corcaran,I Akinade,G.Shaw - all 14/1
A.Morgan,A.Greene,G.Burke - all 16/1

More....... https://www.paddypower.com/football/airtricity-premier-division

oriel
09/02/2018, 11:07 PM
Midseason break this year is after 2/3 of the league games have been played. If either team has opened a bit of a lead by then they'll be hard to catch.

I meant at the half way stage, anyway nothing has changed as I think both Dundalk and Cork are quite evenly matched this season.

The final few signings from each club could be signifcant in swinging it.

legendz
11/02/2018, 8:54 PM
I haven't heard anything about St. Pat's during the off-season. With Derry's consistency of being in the top 4, I was surprised to see St. Pat's having the same odds Derry for winning the league. St. Pat's are currently favoured to be more likely to avoid relegation than Derry.

I would have thought the 6 teams outside the regular top 4 from recent seasons would all have close enough relegation odds. 5 of them do but Pat's then are well clear of them in the betting.

eL Bettor
16/02/2018, 7:30 PM
As this is a betting thread...
Shels v Galway friendly tonight.
Shels went off 6/5. Now 2/5 after 40 mins and still 0-0. Dodgy as fu*k

See comments here:
https://twitter.com/shelsfc/status/964586527518060545

I note Robbie Williams gets a mention

Xmas3Formation
18/02/2018, 7:00 AM
As this is a betting thread...
Shels v Galway friendly tonight.
Shels went off 6/5. Now 2/5 after 40 mins and still 0-0. Dodgy as fu*k

See comments here:
https://twitter.com/shelsfc/status/964586527518060545

I note Robbie Williams gets a mention

Harsh enough to go naming a player in relation to something like this.but when it turns out to be wrong then it should really be taken down

Nah Nah Nah Nah
18/02/2018, 7:17 AM
Nothing to see here. Galway won the game.

Burnsie
22/02/2018, 7:29 PM
got myself 5/1 from PP about a Top Three finish for Pat's (before the opening match). very happy with that (despite the opening match)

micls
22/02/2018, 7:43 PM
got myself 5/1 from PP about a Top Three finish for Pat's (before the opening match). very happy with that (despite the opening match)

Pats played great football in that game. They're lacking a finisher though. They won't break the top 3 without one imo.

kksaints
22/02/2018, 8:23 PM
Pats played great football in that game. They're lacking a finisher though. They won't break the top 3 without one imo.

A lot depends on Fagan returning to the form he was in before last season but I'd be slightly more concerned about the defense myself. Looked too shaky at times last week for my liking.

micls
22/02/2018, 8:34 PM
A lot depends on Fagan returning to the form he was in before last season but I'd be slightly more concerned about the defense myself. Looked too shaky at times last week for my liking.

Both defenses were dodgy. I'd put that down to it being the first game and new players getting to know each other though. I thought the football ye played was very good, even before the sending off, but ye were caught badly on the break. Your midfield will play through a lot of teams.

sorbothegreek
11/01/2019, 10:23 AM
Anyone see prices for the '19 First Division anywhere yet?

colonelwest
11/01/2019, 11:07 AM
Was looking on PP last week and couldn't find a book for the Premier or the First up yet

EDIT:

And course soon as I say that and check they're up!

https://www.paddypower.com/football/airtricity-premier-division

Dundalk

4/5

Shamrock Rovers

11/4

Cork City

7/2

Waterford

25/1

Derry City

25/1

St Patricks Athletic

25/1

Bohemians

33/1

Sligo Rovers

50/1

Finn Harps

500/1

UCD

500/1

https://www.paddypower.com/football/airtricity-first-division

Shelbourne

8/15

Bray Wanderers

7/2

Drogheda United

7/1

Longford Town

16/1

Galway United

16/1

Cobh Ramblers

33/1

Cabinteely

50/1

Wexford

200/1

Athlone Town

200/1

Shels 8/15 already!

marinobohs
11/01/2019, 11:22 AM
Was looking on PP last week and couldn't find a book for the Premier or the First up yet

EDIT:

And course soon as I say that and check they're up!

https://www.paddypower.com/football/airtricity-premier-division

Dundalk

4/5

Shamrock Rovers

11/4

Cork City

7/2

Waterford

25/1

Derry City

25/1

St Patricks Athletic

25/1

Bohemians

33/1

Sligo Rovers

50/1

Finn Harps

500/1

UCD

500/1

https://www.paddypower.com/football/airtricity-first-division

Shelbourne

8/15

Bray Wanderers

7/2

Drogheda United

7/1

Longford Town

16/1

Galway United

16/1

Cobh Ramblers

33/1

Cabinteely

50/1

Wexford

200/1

Athlone Town

200/1

Shels 8/15 already!

Pats look the best value for money bet there. Lack of goals cost them last season and their signings may have addressed that, not saying they will win it but look decent odds. In the first Division its anyone bar Shels (given those odds), Bray look solid enough so might be worth a punt, if anyone is going to beat the Tolka galacticos. :D

pineapple stu
11/01/2019, 11:49 AM
Bizarre odds for the two promoted teams. Not going to win the league obviously, but shouldn't be as far adrift as those odds suggest

sidewayspasser
11/01/2019, 11:53 AM
No odds for Limerick? PP thinking they won't get a licence?

colonelwest
11/01/2019, 11:56 AM
Pats look the best value for money bet there. Lack of goals cost them last season and their signings may have addressed that, not saying they will win it but look decent odds. In the first Division its anyone bar Shels (given those odds), Bray look solid enough so might be worth a punt, if anyone is going to beat the Tolka galacticos. :D

Aye, they've only outrights up at the moment, nothing else up like top scorer etc yet either as far as I can find. It should be decent e/w odds for the chasing packs in the premier and the first for a bet on who'll finish top 3, Pats or Sligo with Bucko as dark horses looks a decent e/w bet in the premier. No value at all really on the singles outside of that end of things yet.