PDA

View Full Version : Zen or Ipod

elroy
09/03/2005, 11:10 AM
Unsure which to get, anyone recommend either?? good/bad points about each. cheers

Slash/ED
09/03/2005, 11:11 AM
iRiver is yer man, ignore those two. I've had it for a year and it's excellent.

cullenswood
09/03/2005, 11:15 AM
iRiver is yer man, ignore those two. I've had it for a year and it's excellent.

Totally agree, iRiver beats the socks of either of them. Much better system

elroy
09/03/2005, 11:19 AM
Someone told me theres a radio on that as well is that true?
whats the battery like on it? any problems downloading onto it etc?
price?
thanks for the help appreciate it.

Babysis
09/03/2005, 11:19 AM
I bought a Rio Karma a few months back. I love it. Was reccommended to me by a mate in the know. Long life battery, but the key point is the sound quality, absolutely excellent. Not as well known, but its funky, and small. Its got a 20gig hard drive, and its really easy to use. :)

Slash/ED
09/03/2005, 11:23 AM
Someone told me theres a radio on that as well is that true?
whats the battery like on it? any problems downloading onto it etc?
price?
thanks for the help appreciate it.

Yep radio on it and downloading is very very esay. Just drag your files onto it then right click on them and press "Add to DB", simple as that.

battery is around 12 hours or so I think, no problems there anyway.

$Leon$
09/03/2005, 12:20 PM
go for the iRiver. got one myself and love it. this has come up before maybe a poll to c what people out there have??

Eire06
09/03/2005, 12:37 PM
Was going to get an ipod in America but leaning more towards the iriver now.. Has a load of good reviews online for it.. iPod seems to to critised a lot battery ect..

Has anyone actually got an iPod so they can give us an actual review of it?

Karlos
09/03/2005, 12:50 PM
Have a 20gb Ipod myself. Absolutely love it but then again it's all I've known in the world of MP3 players. I get about 9 hours or so battery time when I use it cointinuously. I-tunes is a nice piece of software too and very easy to use and I haven't encountered any of the supposed problems with it yet. Got it in August 2004.

pete
09/03/2005, 1:16 PM
Does the IRiver have any restrictions on what files you can play? Does it care where you got the Mp3s?

ken foree
09/03/2005, 1:58 PM
Have a 20gb Ipod myself. Absolutely love it but then again it's all I've known in the world of MP3 players. I get about 9 hours or so battery time when I use it cointinuously. I-tunes is a nice piece of software too and very easy to use and I haven't encountered any of the supposed problems with it yet. Got it in August 2004.

same here and here's my buckin contents, all full albums, what a machine:

[I'm pretty sure if people wanted your playlist, they'd have asked for it. --adam]

dahamsta
09/03/2005, 2:27 PM
I've just sold my iRiver but that's because I'm not a big music person and it was just overkill for my needs. Can't say I wasn't sad to see it go though.

Be buying one of the latest iPod minis shortly.

adam

James
09/03/2005, 2:49 PM
Be buying one of the latest iPod minis shortly.

adam

a quality purchase adam
i love me ipod shuffle :)
*see other thread on james's love for ipod shuffle*

i see too that sony have jumped on board and are releasing a flash based micro small mp3 player similar to the ipod shuffle..weird though they introducing it at $40 /5O more then apple which is unusual for apple having the lost cost item

Slash/ED
09/03/2005, 5:32 PM
Does the IRiver have any restrictions on what files you can play? Does it care where you got the Mp3s?

I've never had trouble playing MP3s on it, it can play those windows media player files too (Well it says it can I've not tried it yet as all my songs are on mp3)

Docboy
09/03/2005, 6:07 PM
Got a 60gb Creative Zen had it for about a 18 months now. No probs up until recently but that's mainly cos I bought on-line. Have heard a lot of good things things bout the i-river,good bit lighter aswell.

harpskid
09/03/2005, 7:02 PM
Have a 20gb Ipod myself. Absolutely love it but then again it's all I've known in the world of MP3 players. I get about 9 hours or so battery time when I use it cointinuously. I-tunes is a nice piece of software too and very easy to use and I haven't encountered any of the supposed problems with it yet.

Likewise. I think the i-pod is the muts nuts :cool:

Have got a couple thousand tunes on it :eek: and no sign of me easing off on the downloading

dahamsta
10/03/2005, 11:56 AM
weird though they introducing it at $40 /5O more then apple which is unusual for apple having the lost cost itemThe prices went out on the wire incorrectly, but yeah, they're still a bit off. I'd say Apple has cut a lot out of the margin in an attempt to build the brand and push iTunes though. However the euro price is still numerically the same as the dollar price, so they're still screwing us royally over here.

adam

Don Vito
10/03/2005, 12:01 PM
Go for the iPod, have a 20gig one myself. Its far lighter and looks far better than an iRiver. Was comparing my iPod to $Leon$'s iRiver recently when I met him and you just couldnt bring the iRiver jogging or walking to work-jus far too heavy and chunky. Well you could bring it jogging but it would be like carrying weights around :D

iTunes is a fantastic piece of software too, so easy to download and organise music.

Eire06
10/03/2005, 12:06 PM
Go for the iPod, have a 20gig one myself. Its far lighter and looks far better than an iRiver. Was comparing my iPod to $Leon$'s iRiver recently when I met him and you just couldnt bring the iRiver jogging or walking to work-jus far too heavy and chunky. Well you could bring it jogging but it would be like carrying weights around :D

iTunes is a fantastic piece of software too, so easy to download and organise music.

I heard iTunes was hard to use in copying from cd's is this true?.. Theres a new iPod mini 6GB don't know wether to get that or the 20GB one..

The mini is nicer looking and smaller in size. but can save so much more on 20GB :rolleyes:

James
10/03/2005, 12:34 PM
I'd say Apple has cut a lot out of the margin in an attempt to build the brand and push iTunes though. However the euro price is still numerically the same as the dollar price, so they're still screwing us royally over here.

couldnt possible comment on such matters :)

i will though say that itunes and the whole ilife suite of itunes / imovie / iphoto / idvd are without doubt far and away the best software package i have ever used for sheer ease of use and functionality :)

dahamsta
10/03/2005, 1:07 PM
There's no denying that Apple develop excellent, usable software. However that has no bearing on their decision to mark up their products in Europe by, what, 25%?

adam

ken foree
10/03/2005, 1:24 PM
same here and here's my buckin contents, all full albums, what a machine:

[I'm pretty sure if people wanted your playlist, they'd have asked for it. --adam]

merely demonstrating visually the incredible capacity, only 3/4 full on 20 gig and at 190 whatever bit rate recording.. and my impeccable taste of course :o ;)

Troy.McClure
10/03/2005, 5:20 PM
couldnt possible comment on such matters :)

i will though say that itunes and the whole ilife suite of itunes / imovie / iphoto / idvd are without doubt far and away the best software package i have ever used for sheer ease of use and functionality :)

If I knew who the person who decided to shaft us on the price of Apple's over here Id slap them around! :mad: :D ;)

Eire06
10/03/2005, 5:28 PM
There's no denying that Apple develop excellent, usable software. However that has no bearing on their decision to mark up their products in Europe by, what, 25%?

adam

In a draw tomorrow on The Phil Cawley Show on Today FM to go to New York on Sat..
If I win (only 5 people in the draw) gona get loads of iPod merchandise over there out of the spending money I get :D and will try not to rub it into the peoples faces that paid a fortune here for them :D..

So excited I never get through to these things

pete
10/03/2005, 9:34 PM
If I knew who the person who decided to shaft us on the price of Apple's over here Id slap them around! :mad: :D ;)

And a certain person leaves foot.ie never to return...

;)

De Town
12/03/2005, 6:32 PM
Can you buy the iRivers in any shops in Ireland :confused: Havent seen them around anywhere.

Its about time I bought an mp3 :o A few friends have the iPod and a few have the Creative Zens so dont know which 1 to choose :confused:

Troy.McClure
12/03/2005, 11:16 PM
I dont want to have a pop off you, but that just made me laugh, you'd know you're from 'the country'!

Can you buy the iRivers in any shops in Ireland :confused: Havent seen them around anywhere.
You'll have to look outside 'The Square/High St/ Main St' in Longford Id say. Try taking a trip to 'The City'

A few friends have the iPod

Again, sorry, but I couldnt help myself :o

De Town
13/03/2005, 10:18 AM
I dont want to have a pop off you, but that just made me laugh, you'd know you're from 'the country'!
ah leave it out..... :o

I generally havent seen them around and I do visit the Pale fairly often actually :p

dahamsta
13/03/2005, 11:35 AM
Troy.McClure, if anyone's looking like a fool here, it's yourself. Drop the smart-assed comments unless you'd like some time off Foot.ie.

adam

Troy.McClure
13/03/2005, 2:45 PM
Ah I said sorry even before I wrote it, anyway De Town seemed to take it in with the pinch of salt it needed.

I'll be good...promise ;)

dahamsta
13/03/2005, 2:59 PM
Ah I said sorry even before I wrote itIt's not ok to say "sorry ******" here, so it's not ok to say "sorry culshie" either.

I'll be good...promise Good man.

adam

Troy.McClure
13/03/2005, 3:02 PM
It's not ok to say "sorry ******" here, so it's not ok to say "sorry culshie" either.

Ah come on, theres a bit of a difference! :eek:

PS
How the hell is ****** not on the banned list??? :eek: :confused: :eek:

Troy.McClure
13/03/2005, 3:05 PM
Can you buy the iRivers in any shops in Ireland :confused:

Come to think of it, I think that there's an electrics shop on the corner of George's St and Dame St (is it a Phillips shop?) that have them.

I think, but am not sure.

Wouldnt Argos have them too if you're desperate?

De Town
13/03/2005, 3:07 PM
Come to think of it, I think that there's an electrics shop on the corner of George's St and Dame St (is it a Phillips shop?) that have them.

I think, but am not sure.
Cheers :)

Wouldnt Argos have them too if you're desperate?
ah probably, Im in no mad rush to get 1 though :)