PDA

View Full Version : The Life Aquatic With Steve Zissou

Bluebeard
08/03/2005, 4:34 PM
Caught it last night - thought it was brilliant - great cast, really fun offbeat script that united Moby Dick with Jaques Cousteau, wonderful scoring and atmosphere generally. Loved Rushmore and The Royal Tennenbaums too, though I haven't seen Bottle Rocket which is highly regarded.

Anyone else see it, rate it?

Green Tribe
08/03/2005, 4:42 PM
Caught it last night - thought it was brilliant - great cast, really fun offbeat script that united Moby Dick with Jaques Cousteau, wonderful scoring and atmosphere generally. Loved Rushmore and The Royal Tennenbaums too, though I haven't seen Bottle Rocket which is highly regarded.

Anyone else see it, rate it?

:confused: :eek:

i watched this last night also, biggest load of horse $hite i have encountered in all my life, i thought it was so stupid and predictable, had to fight to keep myself awake in the middle of it. WEAK, WEAK storyline, i would have been embarrassed to star in such a film if i was cate blanchett etc... very disappointed and i want my £3.50 back ;)
seriously , do yourself a favour, go watch something worth watching i.e Hotel Rwanda(this is excellent) and soon to be on general release(25thmarch, but i watched it in a film festival a few weeks ago)- Downfall(Last days in hitler's bunker)this left me speechless, made me and a few others cry and is intensely gripping.

strangeirish
08/03/2005, 4:45 PM
:confused: :eek:

i watched this last night also, biggest load of horse $hite i have encountered in all my life, i thought it was so stupid and predictable, had to fight to keep myself awake in the middle of it. WEAK, WEAK storyline, i would have been embarrassed to star in such a film if i was cate blanchett etc... very disappointed and i want my £3.50 back ;)

How do you really feel about it! :D

Green Tribe
08/03/2005, 5:03 PM
How do you really feel about it! :D

hardy-hardy-har!
don't start me again, the only good thing was the music(some songs in portuguese) and some fit men in tiny swimming trunks :D :D

Otherwise, big pile of horse $hite and that is me being nice....

harry crumb
09/03/2005, 12:35 AM
I went to see the Harold and kumar get the munchies on Saturday. It was very funny. Laugh out load funny. Great jokes. Have you ever played battleship before?

The life aquatic and other wes anderson movies are not really laugh out load funny. They are not everybodys cup of tea. Mind you, neither will H & K get the munchies.

Green Tribe
09/03/2005, 12:49 AM
i had never seen a wes anderson movie before, so i was not expecting this type of cack. It really is NOT my cup of tea. Maybe i have no imagination or i am getting old, but it did nothing for me. Ned(brilliant name!!) with his kentucky accent made me snigger a little but, blah blah blah.

WeAreRovers
09/03/2005, 5:36 PM
Best film I've seen in ages. Wes Anderson is the business but I can understand why his films aren't for everyone. If you grew up in the 80s his sensibilities will be right up your street - the adidas trainers scene in the Life Aquatic for instance...genius.

KOH