PDA

View Full Version : Getting Tickets for the Bernabeú

Bluebeard
08/03/2005, 3:59 PM
What is the score with getting tickets for a match there - I'm arriving in Madrid on Sunday the 20th for a couple of days in La Mancha and there is a match scheduled for the night with Malaga. Will it be hard to get a ticket, and where would be a good place to hunt for one, how much will I likely have to pay, will I be able to join with the away fans?

I know that one or two of you have made the trip to support the local team, so any advice, ideas, recommendations would be really welcome.

Aldini98
09/03/2005, 11:42 AM
Dunno, but enjoy your visit to the Royal Bastion of Hate.

razor
09/03/2005, 11:43 AM
Got tickets off a guy outside the ground, i'm sure they were quite cheap.
You could also try and buy them at the ticket booth, its just that there was a large queue and I didn't fancy that.

Éanna
09/03/2005, 12:49 PM
Dunno, but enjoy your visit to the Royal Bastion of Hate.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

lopez
09/03/2005, 1:21 PM
I think they are quite difficult these days. I went to watch them against Depor a couple of years ago and ended up buying from an agency (Both teams were at the top). The web site had games where tickets weren't taken up and you could ring up a number - something to do with the savings bank Cajamadrid. Agencies have tickets for the game from €70 which is a rip off for Spain, but the same for the cost price of a league game at Chelsea. Worked for me and they send the tickets to your hotel.

When I got to the game I saw someone was selling a ticket at cost price (not much good as I'd already bought the tickets and I had my son with me) but it shows that hanging around the ground often gets Mr Medallion Man coming up with an offer. Two things: Haggle with him. And remember touting in Spain is illegal, although Police seem to have a live and let live attitude to it. Also check that the ticket is not a socio's ticket which with some clubs require the season ticket's ID. You might also get lucky and the game isn't a sell out.