PDA

View Full Version : Richie Partridge

Paris04
08/03/2005, 9:39 AM
Richie is in the Liverpool squad for second leg v Leverkusen tomorrow, along with Darren Potter and Steve Finnan.

KK77
08/03/2005, 9:43 AM
Good to see hes in the squad though hes been told this is his last season

drinkfeckarse
08/03/2005, 9:52 AM
I'd say he has as much chance of playing as Ian Paisley has of converting to Catholicism

Junior
08/03/2005, 9:55 AM
I'd say he has as much chance of playing as Ian Paisley has of converting to Catholicism

Please keep politics out of sport :D

eirebhoy
08/03/2005, 10:19 AM
He's better than most of the crap Liverpool have been employing on the right wing anyway.

drinkfeckarse
08/03/2005, 10:21 AM
Maybe he is but not in the people that matters' eyes.

eirebhoy
08/03/2005, 10:31 AM
Maybe he is but not in the people that matters' eyes.
He was injured at the wrong times.

eirebhoy
08/03/2005, 10:54 AM
Partridge is only in the provisional squad because he is registered to play in the CL.

livehead1
08/03/2005, 6:01 PM
Good to see hes in the squad though hes been told this is his last season

that don't mean f*ck all, all it takes is 1 chance and a good performance to show that he can do a job and there will be no doubt he would b offered another contract...not that i believe he should sign it

Ronan85
08/03/2005, 6:18 PM
Its about time Partridge did something. He was great at Coventry a few seasons ago. Liverpool are not so great that they can leave him in the reserves. Is Partridge to blame or is management to blame??

eirebhoy
08/03/2005, 7:41 PM
Its about time Partridge did something. He was great at Coventry a few seasons ago. Liverpool are not so great that they can leave him in the reserves. Is Partridge to blame or is management to blame??
Management, but mainly injuries. Certainly not Partridge, he was running amoc in the Liverpool reserves a few years ago.

pete
08/03/2005, 9:10 PM
People really do have blinkers on when Partridge mentioned.

He has faield to even get into Liverpool 2nd string teams this season & from irish perspective even Potter is ahead of him.

As said above teams can only list 25 players in CL squads so if say 3 keepers down to 22 so with 6 injuries all fit outfield players get into 16 of match day squad.

:rolleyes:

eirebhoy
08/03/2005, 9:21 PM
People really do have blinkers on when Partridge mentioned.

He has faield to even get into Liverpool 2nd string teams this season & from irish perspective even Potter is ahead of him.
What? He has started every game he has been available for the reserves. He missed the start of the season through injury and then missed another 6 weeks during the season. Without injury I am 100% sure he would have got his chance under Benitez as he turned the game around when he came on against Boro and set up the first goal. He was probably the most naturally gifted player in the U-18 team that won the European Championships.

pete
08/03/2005, 9:27 PM
He was probably the most naturally gifted player in the U-18 team that won the European Championships.

In all fairness i noticed Ryan Casey playing in that game too when shown on tv last week.

I'm not saying he not any good but his chances have probably gone & often people mention him in irish squad context which is just deluded.

eirebhoy
08/03/2005, 10:21 PM
You have to pity the fella. He had to go off after 27 minutes for the reserves tonight with a hamstring strain. :(

drinkfeckarse
09/03/2005, 8:42 AM
he was running amoc in the Liverpool reserves a few years ago .

I think that says it all. It was a few years ago that he was making a name for himself and he still couldn't get in the first team. What chance has he now after all his injuries.

At the end of the day he'd have had his chance by now under Houllier and Benitez if they REALLY believed in him.....injuries or not.

eirebhoy
09/03/2005, 9:11 AM
At the end of the day he'd have had his chance by now under Houllier
are you serious?

John Welsh is supposedly the next Gerrard:

"Welsh made his Premiership debut for the Reds as a substitute in the 2-1 Anfield defeat by Arsenal but made just one more appearance for the first team in 2003/04, despite Gerard Houllier insisting he would play at least 15 games."

Partridge was having a stormer in every game for the reserves. Houllier than loaned him out for the season. He came back to the reserves, got injured for about a year. By the time he was back to full fitness Houllier was gone and Potter and Warnock had gotten their chances in the Champions league.
It was clear that Potter and Warnock were the two 'chosen' ones and Potter then played on the right against Millwall in the Carling cup setting up a goal.

With the exception of Finnan, the exact same team played the next Carling cup game against Boro as Benitez didn't feel anyone waranted the drop. Partridge was the first substitution made, on for Pongolle. He set up the first goal for Mellor.

Partridge probably would have started against Spurs in the next Carling cup game after his performance against Boro but unlucky for him, new signing Nunez was just back from injury so what a perfect match to put him in. Partridge came on in extra time and scored a peno. He then got injured for 6 weeks and again injured last night.

The next Carling cup games Liverpool put out their first team. Partridge is just the unluckiest player out there (up there with Sadlier).

drinkfeckarse
09/03/2005, 10:03 AM
You're missing my point Eirebhoy, to me it's simple. If they really rated the guy he'd have had plenty of chances by now not just an occasional Carling Cup game every 2 seasons :eek:

I know he's suffered with injuries but he's been at Anfield for years and he's not been injured non stop.

Why then when he was "having a stormer every game for the reserves" was he loaned out?? I'm sure most managers if they had a player that good in the reserves would have used him regularly instead of shipping him out. I know players need experiance but if he was THAT good he would have been straight in surely?

I know he's a decent player and you seem to rate him highly. I also recognise that you'll have seen a lot more of him than myself but I just think that if he was all that, he'd have been a regular by now whether he'd had bad injuries or not.

eirebhoy
09/03/2005, 10:18 AM
I'm not missing your point, you seem to be missing mine. :)

If they really rated the guy he'd have had plenty of chances by now...I'm sure most managers if they had a player that good in the reserves would have used him regularly instead of shipping him out.
Do you realise who you are talking about? :) In Houllier's 6 years at the club only one player has come through the ranks and made the team, Stephen Gerrard. I think the fact that he offered Partridge contract after contract is just as much a complement as getting a chance under any other manager. :)

Everyone in the Irish camp rates him. Don Givens called him up to the Ireland squad for the match against Greece. Kerr is always on the phone to him seeing how he is getting on. Damien Duff probably wouldn't have broke into Houllier's team, he's a bloody mad manager.

drinkfeckarse
09/03/2005, 10:37 AM
In Houllier's 6 years at the club only one player has come through the ranks and made the team, Stephen Gerrard

While Carragher and Michael Owen made their debuts before Houllier came along, the didn't really establish themselves as regulars until he was in charge in 98 so you could class them as another 2 IMO.

he's a bloody mad manager.

Agreed :)

eirebhoy
09/03/2005, 11:09 AM
While Carragher and Michael Owen made their debuts before Houllier came along, the didn't really establish themselves as regulars until he was in charge in 98 so you could class them as another 2 IMO.
Owen scored 23 goals the year before Houllier took over so he was established. Carragher played 23 times that season and had established himself in the first team midway through the 97/98 season.

drinkfeckarse
09/03/2005, 1:03 PM
Owen scored 23 goals the year before Houllier took over so he was established. Carragher played 23 times that season and had established himself in the first team midway through the 97/98 season.

I said IMO ;) :D

**runs off with tail between legs** :D

drinkfeckarse
09/03/2005, 1:06 PM
Shíte, that was meant to be small text :o :o :D