PDA

View Full Version : Hollands kits

Hibs4Ever
08/03/2005, 8:57 AM
Does anyone know why Holland wear orange?

Just curious as other countries use colours from their national flag :confused:

anto eile
08/03/2005, 9:37 AM
they get the colors from the royal family. house of orange etc.
italy dont wear red white or green either.the colors of their flag. blue is associated in italy with football. though it may have originally come form the house of savoy,but im open to correction on that

stojkovic
08/03/2005, 9:49 AM
they get the colors from the royal family. house of orange etc.
italy dont wear red white or green either.the colors of their flag. blue is associated in italy with football. though it may have originally come form the house of savoy,but im open to correction on that
Yeah anto I think you're right there on both counts. We all know about William of Orange and all that and thats why the Dutch wear 'oranje'. Italy as far as I know wear blue or 'azzuri' for a similar reason.
The same could be said for Germany (no white in their flag) or even England who wear white/blue instead of white/red (St George flag not union flag).

The only team to copy their flag to the exact detail is Croatia :)

Hibs4Ever
08/03/2005, 9:53 AM
Yeah anto I think you're right there on both counts. We all know about William of Orange and all that and thats why the Dutch wear 'oranje'. Italy as far as I know wear blue or 'azzuri' for a similar reason.
The same could be said for Germany (no white in their flag) or even England who wear white/blue instead of white/red (St George flag not union flag).

The only team to copy their flag to the exact detail is Croatia :)

Thanks kads,

but wasn't the red kit always englands first choice and for some reason they changed to the white :confused:

wws
08/03/2005, 9:54 AM
China.....