PDA

View Full Version : New Management Structure at Athlone Town AFC

nigel-harps1954
11/12/2017, 6:33 AM
http://athlonetownafc.ie/index.php/2017/12/10/new-management-structure-for-the-2018-season/

Aaron Callaghan appointed First Team Manager with Terry Butler as assistant.

Roddy Collins appointed General Manager of Athlone Town AFC.

Some craic.

Xmas3Formation
11/12/2017, 7:41 AM
As long as roddy is not left near a pitch they`ll be ok.
saw him one time away to Cork City go down to 10 men after the centre half was sent off.
for the next 50 mins he played with 1 centre half and 2 full backs (who stayed by the touchline as they had done prior to the sending off. he didn`t even seem to kop it (or just gave up caring) despite the goals flying in every 10 mins (i was stood behind him and could hear him if shouting any instructions to rectify it btw). worst thing i`ve ever seen from a manager.

Battery Rover
11/12/2017, 1:37 PM
I have to check the date when I saw this last night. I don't know what to say.

Philosophizer
11/12/2017, 1:40 PM
As long as roddy is not left near a pitch they`ll be ok.
saw him one time away to Cork City go down to 10 men after the centre half was sent off.
for the next 50 mins he played with 1 centre half and 2 full backs (who stayed by the touchline as they had done prior to the sending off. he didn`t even seem to kop it (or just gave up caring) despite the goals flying in every 10 mins (i was stood behind him and could hear him if shouting any instructions to rectify it btw). worst thing i`ve ever seen from a manager.

That would be hilarious if it wasn't so incompetent.

Longfordian
11/12/2017, 4:28 PM
I have to check the date when I saw this last night. I don't know what to say.

I can’t keep track. Has Aaron Callaghan managed you once before or twice? I do recall he didn’t exactly leave on good terms back in his first spell. Then again most of those that he fell out with probably don’t go any more.

atfconline
11/12/2017, 4:31 PM
Just once, went back to Longford after just a few months in the job. Think he was rumoured to be coming back at some stage not too long ago.

oldfan
11/12/2017, 4:36 PM
This will be some disaster😢

Battery Rover
11/12/2017, 6:19 PM
I can’t keep track. Has Aaron Callaghan managed you once before or twice? I do recall he didn’t exactly leave on good terms back in his first spell. Then again most of those that he fell out with probably don’t go any more.

I wouldn't think anyone involved at present would even know he was there before and the reasons behind why he left after a short spell.

total hoofball
11/12/2017, 7:09 PM
LOI is making a bad attempt to turn into the NFL with these 'General Manager' nonsense jobs

Martinho II
11/12/2017, 7:29 PM
Just once, went back to Longford after just a few months in the job. Think he was rumoured to be coming back at some stage not too long ago.

it was 2004 season when Aaron left us to go to Athlone. Derek O Neill took over as assistant manager and left to go to FAI. It didnt go too well for Aaron at Athlone he got bullet after one particular game and was welcomed back by us. Great no. 2. not a great manager as he proved when he was with us in 08 and left after Monaghan loss in Gortakeegan.