PDA

View Full Version : Cork City should be ashamed

centre mid
07/03/2005, 1:22 PM
If my club let Pat Dolan go in those circumstances I would hang my head in shame - that guy has done more for the el than anyone in the last 10 years :mad:

Gary
07/03/2005, 1:28 PM
What circumstances are you referring to? Are you fully au-fait with the reasoning Brian Lennox used to come to such a decision?

Anyway, this has been all through before :rolleyes:

centre mid
07/03/2005, 1:44 PM
I dont know the full ins and outs, your correct, but as an outsider, it seems that he was doing a fairly decent job - 2nd last year - decent run in europe, the players liked him - worked for him. Dont get me wrong i'm not having a go at Cork just that it is sad when a coach is let go for reasons other than football, although i'm sure Dolan will land on his feet

Gary
07/03/2005, 1:49 PM
Its not ideal, and almost everyone, myself included, wish the whole sorry episode never happened. However, Brian Lennox is no fool, and he certainly didnt make the decision lightly, so thats what you have to take into consideration.

No doubt Pat Dolan will be back with some other eL sooner rather than later, and all the best to him.

pete
07/03/2005, 1:51 PM
If my club let Pat Dolan go in those circumstances I would hang my head in shame - that guy has done more for the el than anyone in the last 10 years :mad:

Unfortunately the Cork City chairman did not agree with direct Dolan wished to take the club.

When it became obvious they didn't agree on funding was only a matter of time before Dolan woudl leave. Lennox won't risk future of the club for short term gain.

Poor Student
07/03/2005, 5:09 PM
I don't think Cork had a choice. His general behaviour to do with the fixture lists has been embarrassing, and if I followed things correctly he's been bringing friction with Lennox into the open air of the media. I love the man's passion and enthusiasm for the game and we need more people with such but that doesn't make you untouchable. I hope he gets back into the game soon. I'm sure he'll be linked with the next Premier vacany.

Éanna
08/03/2005, 12:46 PM
when you post something as blunt as that, you could at least know what you're talking about. :rolleyes:

eL Bettor
08/03/2005, 2:34 PM
Reminds me of when Jimmy McGeough was sacked .... :rolleyes:

Troy.McClure
08/03/2005, 2:59 PM
If my club let Pat Dolan go in those circumstances I would hang my head in shame
I dont know the full ins and outs, your correct,
Dont get me wrong i'm not having a go at Cork

Consistancy, in a world gone mad! :o