PDA

View Full Version : Is it over now?

elroy
07/03/2005, 10:29 AM
Genuinely thought Man U had a good chance of pegging back chelsea till sat. I think now it might be too much, even if man u and arsenal beat them. Chelsea were starting to wobble a bit the last few weeks and a defeat tues night may knock them back but i think they cant be caught now

Eire06
07/03/2005, 10:31 AM
Genuinely thought Man U had a good chance of pegging back chelsea till sat. I think now it might be too much, even if man u and arsenal beat them. Chelsea were starting to wobble a bit the last few weeks and a defeat tues night may knock them back but i think they cant be caught now
After Man U's performance at the weekend, I've given up hope.. Would be excitin though if it came down the last match's to decide it but can't see it happening now..

elroy
07/03/2005, 10:34 AM
Worse thing is they couldnt break down a ten man palace side, what hope milan?

Eire06
07/03/2005, 10:37 AM
Worse thing is they couldnt break down a ten man palace side, what hope milan?
Hopefully it gave them a good kick up the a$$ and they'll put on a top class performance against milan.. They've done it before... Both Neville and Saha are out for it..

elroy
07/03/2005, 10:41 AM
in a way i fancy to them to do it, united are always best when the odds are against them and the game is away from home, they are useless when the pressure is on at the home leg, eg dortmund, monaco, madrid, porto to name just a few.
It really all comes down to who scores first, although even if milan score first(as did juve) i wouldnt write utd off. Dont subscribe to the theory that milan were a masterclass in OT, thought both sides were very poor and utd missed the best 2 chances. But judging by utds finishing on sat-confidence is low

KR's Post
07/03/2005, 10:41 AM
:rolleyes: Not over by a long shot boys..... Still alot of football to play. C'mon you reds. Although they were terrible at the weekend..... :eek:

Lionel Ritchie
07/03/2005, 10:42 AM
To quote Paddy Casey....

It's over Naaaaaaaaaaaaah-aaaaaaah-aaaaaah-owww!!!

:D

KK77
07/03/2005, 1:45 PM
:rolleyes: Not over by a long shot boys..... Still alot of football to play. C'mon you reds. Although they were terrible at the weekend..... :eek:

Can't agree they were terrible myself well not from the game i watched they played as well as they have been doing for the last few months creating chances tight at the back only problem they couldn't finish their chances off but as for tuesday totally different game so anything can happen.

aberharp
07/03/2005, 3:05 PM
yeah i would have to say that united are out of it now because they are 8 points behind and chelsea have that game in hand. the gap is to big in my opinion :(

stojkovic
07/03/2005, 3:21 PM
Looks like only the FA Cup again for United.
Amazing how it has suddenly become (and last year) a good cup to win.
Jaysus there was a time when it was beneath them to enter it.

Eh YES IT IS OVER.

mypost
08/03/2005, 5:14 AM
After Man U's performance at the weekend, I've given up hope.. Would be excitin though if it came down the last match's to decide it but can't see it happening now..

Where have you been since Christmas lads? Chelsea wrapped up the league then. They simply have too much money, too many players, too many resources than everyone else, so if they lose a game, they can afford it. They also have astronomical financial power. Their domination of English and European football has already started and will last a very long time. Everyone else will have to get used to them winning (almost) everything every year.

Kerry Blue
08/03/2005, 6:50 AM
Their domination of English and European football has already started and will last a very long time. Everyone else will have to get used to them winning (almost) everything every year.
I can't see that happening. In the Premiership they don't seem to have any real opposition. Arsenal are a spent force and United are in disarray. Chelsea will surely win a couple of titles but as for Europe that's a different story. There is no way I can see them dominating Europe. They are in the wrong league for that. Man U dominated English football for over a decade and only won 1 CL. Thats as much as Chelsea will get. As well as that Mourinho won't stay that long anyway. He'll be off somewhere else for a new challenge in a couple of seasons. If you're a Chelsea fan, enjoy it while it lasts! ;)

caino
08/03/2005, 8:14 AM
With myself not being a chelsea fan and certainly not being a man utd fan, I couldnt care less who wins the premiership. I would rather see between chelsea and man utd, I would like to see Chelsea win it. United have had to much of a strong hold over the premiership in past years and it would be nice to see someone else lift the trophy this year. I would love to see Man City lift the trophy one day. No I'm not a City fan, Im a burnley fan, so considering we are not in the premiership I can only look forward to next season or the season after, Come on u clarets.

Karlos
08/03/2005, 8:52 AM
Their domination of English and European football has already started and will last a very long time. Everyone else will have to get used to them winning (almost) everything every year.

Anyone remember hearing the same thing in 1995 after Jack Walker bought the premiership for Blackburn with equally impressive spending and investment for that particular era in football. I'm sure the Man Utd fans remember being written off and their challenge over for good. And we all know what happened over the next few years!

Chelsea fans must be hoping Roman doesn't end up doing a Ridsdale! :)

Lionel Ritchie
08/03/2005, 9:22 AM
Anyone remember hearing the same thing in 1995 after Jack Walker bought the premiership for Blackburn with equally impressive spending and investment for that particular era in football. I'm sure the Man Utd fans remember being written off and their challenge over for good. And we all know what happened over the next few years!

Aye ...and only three years ago "serious" sports writers like Dion Fanning :rolleyes: were writing laments about how the "powerbase of English football was moving east across the Peninnes"

KK77
08/03/2005, 9:58 AM

Quick question mate how could Roman do a Ridsdale when hes spending his OWN money on Chelsea when Ridsdale was spening the BANKS money on Leeds????

Karlos
08/03/2005, 10:08 AM
Quick question mate how could Roman do a Ridsdale when hes spending his OWN money on Chelsea when Ridsdale was spening the BANKS money on Leeds????

what I meant was - spending loads of money (his or the banks) and then potentially buggering off (be it to another club or jail) and leaving Chelsea to deal with the massive salaries, transfer fee's, administration costs al la Leeds.

Interestingly enough for all their money not all Chelsea's fees have been paid by cash or in full according to an article I read recently so potentially these bills could exist long after Roman, should he leave which of course is all speculation.

mypost
09/03/2005, 4:33 AM
I can't see that happening. Chelsea will surely win a couple of titles but as for Europe that's a different story. There is no way I can see them dominating Europe. Man U dominated English football for over a decade and only won 1 CL. Thats as much as Chelsea will get. As well as that Mourinho won't stay that long anyway. He'll be off somewhere else for a new challenge in a couple of seasons. If you're a Chelsea fan, enjoy it while it lasts! ;)

As I think is made clear in another thread, I'm not a Chelsea fan. But you have to remember, that because of their enormous financial muscle, they can practically buy any title they want. Like in any other business, money talks, and the amount of wealth they have is frightening, unlike any other club we've ever seen before. They may well win several European titles. If their boss later jumps ship, you can be sure that somebody else of the same record will come in to replace him, and they will continue to dominate European football.