-------------------Martin 23
-------------------Barrett 32
-------------------Keegan 63
-------------------Lavine 86

We're looking good :cool:

pineapple stu
06/03/2005, 12:34 AM
:eek:

What's going on at Kildare? 6-1 v. Shels, 5-2 v. Pat's (with two late goals) and now 7-1 v. Longford! Kildare were always a defensively solid team last season - I would have had them up fighting for the First Division title this time around! Were they as bad as 7-1 suggests?!

sligoman
06/03/2005, 12:38 AM
What's going on at Kildare? 6-1 v. Shels, 5-2 v. Pat's (with two late goals) and now 7-1 v. Longford!

I know, its going to be 8-0 vs Rovers at first game of the season :D :D

Longfordian
06/03/2005, 12:52 AM
:eek:

What's going on at Kildare? 6-1 v. Shels, 5-2 v. Pat's (with two late goals) and now 7-1 v. Longford! Kildare were always a defensively solid team last season - I would have had them up fighting for the First Division title this time around! Were they as bad as 7-1 suggests?!

They were defensively atrocious, we were good and probably should have had more but when Paul Keegan is outpacing your central defenders from 50 yards out you have problems..However, not to be having a cheap dig but how in the hell did they beat Waterford?

De Town
06/03/2005, 9:27 AM
but when Paul Keegan is outpacing your central defenders from 50 yards out you have problems..
:D :D :D
My granny could outpace Paul Keegan

the 12 th man
06/03/2005, 1:42 PM
very one-sided affair with kildare surrendering very tamely to a rampant town team who played like their place in the team depended on it.

it was good to see alan murphy make a return and as posted by others that shane barrett and alan kirby were very sharp.i'd say he (matthews) used about 18 players last night.

pineapple stu
06/03/2005, 4:03 PM
However, not to be having a cheap dig but how in the hell did they beat Waterford?
That's true...and Waterford just drew with Kilkenny, needing a late equaliser! :eek:

Methinks the leagues aren't going to be as straightforward as people think...

Martinho II
06/03/2005, 10:58 PM
the team was!

dempsey

dillon baz daz paiso

kirbs deano martin prunts

barrett baker

subs:

mohan
murphy
myler
davy byrne
lavine
keego
cronin

the town were extremely impressive.i missed kirbs first goal as i missed the wrong turn off in the car and ended up in naas and i missed the first fiveteen minutes!

the pick of the goals was kirbs lob from outside the box,barretts finish(man of the match)lavines screamer that bent into the corner and keegos cool finish past the kildare goalie after outpacing the kildare defender! :eek:

my only worry is when sligo rovers put it up to us, we did not seem to like that! i sincerely hope that we dont turn into an arsenal!

others to stand out were davy byrne, tom mohan( the new david batty-excellent at breaking up attacks)paiso as well

Éanna
06/03/2005, 11:02 PM
i missed the first fiveteen minutes!
fiveteen? That a new word in Longford is it Marty? :D

Martinho II
06/03/2005, 11:45 PM
indeed it is eanna indeed it is!

i dont know how to spell any more! :rolleyes:

observer
07/03/2005, 8:56 AM
EEK! Ferguson back taking penos! :confused:

RockofGibraltar
07/03/2005, 12:08 PM
Myler will take them when he is in the team i'd say

Longfordian
07/03/2005, 12:11 PM
Myler has missed a few penos in his time too, I remember him floating one into the keper's chest when with Drogs and missing one against us in O2 Park when we won 5-0. Hard to know who's the best bet to take them really.

pineapple stu
07/03/2005, 12:27 PM
i missed kirbs first goal as i missed the wrong turn off in the car and ended up in naas
Surely if you'd missed the wrong turn-off, you'd have gotten to the ground in time?! :p ;)

And it's only Monday! :eek: :D

the 12 th man
07/03/2005, 12:55 PM
[QUOTE=pineapple stu]Surely if you'd missed the wrong turn-off, you'd have gotten to the ground in time?! :p ;)

/QUOTE]

not if you were lost in the first place :D ;)

observer
07/03/2005, 4:32 PM
ANYONE! except Barry. - Lavine, Myler, Prunty, Jim Hanley, Kirby, Donald Keogh, Baker, Keegan, Barbara Keogh, Longfordian. ANYONE but Ferguson! :D

Longfordian
07/03/2005, 6:28 PM
Wouldn't let Lavine within an ass's roar of penalties, wouldn't be the coolest under pressure. I've seen Jim Hanley take a peno too, wouldn't be top of my list :) ..Baker sounds the best bet, haven't seen what Digger can do yet :p

Maz
08/03/2005, 12:18 PM
ANYONE! except Barry. - Lavine, Myler, Prunty, Jim Hanley, Kirby, Donald Keogh, Baker, Keegan, Barbara Keogh, Longfordian. ANYONE but Ferguson! :D

sure he scored didnt he!!

observer
08/03/2005, 12:45 PM
He is lethal in a challenge match but when it really counts as in a League Cup final or a Cup Final and the pressure is on he is not the man I would like to see hitting for the penalty spot.