PDA

View Full Version : Expectations of Rico Era

pete
05/03/2005, 6:39 PM
What impact will he have on team/club? What will his team play like...?

I remember the last time he managed city & we used to score a lot with Johnny C, Skippy, Gloria, Johnny Glynn (?) & Buckley with Davie Barry pulling the strings in the middle.

IMO the team he left behind was best ever, were unlucky to lose to Galatasarray, already in League Cup final (when some people still cared about it) & comfortable on top of the league.

In many ways current squad is fairly similar with lots of attacking players but probabably lacking the equivalent of Dave Barry.

Storysham
05/03/2005, 7:33 PM
Id expect him to have the same expectations Dolan had, league champions this season, hopefully we wont have too many bad games like last year, some of citys performances were nothing short of sh1t, a bit of consistency wouldnt go astray.

Éanna
05/03/2005, 8:11 PM
I expect us to challenge for the league this season, if not actually win it. I'd definitely expect some sort of silverware- and I don't mean the munster senior cup either

thejollyrodger
05/03/2005, 8:52 PM
expectations is that C.C.F.C can get 2nd place at best in the league. Possibly a half decent run in Europe

A face
05/03/2005, 9:50 PM
some of citys performances were nothing short of sh1t, a bit of consistency wouldnt go astray.

Bang on the money there fella ..... we undid it for ourselves last year, the 'hang-over' after Euro run and a couple brutal results ..... remember Dolan protecting the players an awful lot last year, which he wouldn't have had to do if a half decent performance was put in. And also the result where we should have got something aswell .... Shels game at the cross where they had two strikes on goal all game and scored both .... FFS

Roll up the fúckin' sleves and lets get on with this season .... Come On City !!

niamh
05/03/2005, 10:03 PM
Heard the man himself on Newstalk 106 earlier this evening.
Feel a lot better now tbh...he spoke of aiming to finish the season with either the league trophy for the FAI Cup and he spoke about the character that Cork has.
He also plans to appoint a "local" assistant by the middle of the week.

John Gill was also on afterwards and was fairly critical of the training facilities and said Dolan was gutted when he rang him to tell him what had happened. He was watching Portadown at the time.

patsh
10/03/2005, 3:16 PM
I think with Derek and O'Donovan we have a stronger squad than last year, I reckon Rico will use them better than Dolan did, and I would really expect to win one of the league, FAI Cup or Setanta this year.

Hope I haven't jinxed the bloody thing now.....:(

Fair_play_boy
10/03/2005, 7:03 PM
I think with Derek and O'Donovan we have a stronger squad than last year, I reckon Rico will use them better than Dolan did, and I would really expect to win one of the league, FAI Cup or Setanta this year.

Hope I haven't jinxed the bloody thing now.....:(Quick, delete that post!!! :D