PDA

View Full Version : Drogs and Bohez after Georgie

adamd164
04/03/2005, 11:31 AM
According to today's Star, they're attempting to sign him before the deadline, but he's "more interested in going back to England"........ FFS like, if he did that just cause Dolan left he'd be some prat.

Ozymandias
04/03/2005, 11:54 AM
he'sw going nowhere...has committed himself to city

Rico loves him and George needs to be loved

patsh
04/03/2005, 11:56 AM
Rico loves him and George needs to be loved
And so do we
WE LOVE YOU, GEORGIE.....:D

Colm
04/03/2005, 12:01 PM
Georgie had a long meeting with Rico in Rochestown Park last night and spoke to some fans (including myself) after, confirming that he was staying at Cork City.

Gandhi
04/03/2005, 12:36 PM
And so do we
WE LOVE YOU, GEORGIE.....:D

BECAUSE YOU WEAR WHITE BOOTS :D

City Hero
04/03/2005, 12:46 PM
Based on Rico's comments all through the season on TV3, we could see a return to the O'Flynn/O'Callaghan strike partnership.

niamh
04/03/2005, 12:55 PM
Georgie had a long meeting with Rico in Rochestown Park last night and spoke to some fans (including myself) after, confirming that he was staying at Cork City.

That makes me happy :)
To be honest all the players are probably just unsure of a new manager. They are all now back at square one with impressing to be done! And I'm sure that Rico has more than a few words to say...

sullanefc
04/03/2005, 1:01 PM
Based on Rico's comments all through the season on TV3, we could see a return to the O'Flynn/O'Callaghan strike partnership.

Yeah, he always said on EL Weekly that he thinks that it is Cork's best striking partnership (George & JOF), but he also has to consider using Doyle up front as opposed to the wing. He'd be foolish not to. He will prob have an open mind towards it and we'll find out up in Ballyboofey which is his favourite strike partnership.

Troy.McClure
04/03/2005, 1:10 PM
What Ive been wondering about Rico is Billy. AFIK they're big fans of eachother but I couldnt see Billy getting ahead of the Conna Maradona on the left. If George goes back upfront then Dolye would have to be on the right and that would mean no Billy, So Id say that things will start as they finished last year with Billy on the right, George in the middle and Doyle up front.

I think that a player that we really should be looking at is Fenn, he's totally Ricos type of player being such a neat passer had his first toutch(sp?). Id say that JOF would want to have his striking boots on him or he could find himself being 'rested' for Fenn.

Dricky
04/03/2005, 1:32 PM
I think Rico is still pinching himself, at least he can swap things arond and turn a game, always his strong point add that to people wanting to get first team should make an interesting start of season

Peadar
04/03/2005, 1:53 PM
his first toutch(sp?).

Are you for real?
The word is touch.
Hope my tax dollars aren't paying for your education!? ;)

yiddo
04/03/2005, 2:03 PM
Fenn must see the change of manager as an opportunity to re-establish himself in the first team. But I dont see him starting up front. I mean in most peoples teams Doyler, Flynnie and Georgie would be ahead of him for a place in the front 2. Its hard to see where Damien could fit Fenn unless he moves to a 352 with Fenn as the attacking midfield playing just behind the front 2 of George and John O'Flynn with Doyler on the wing.

patsh
04/03/2005, 2:12 PM
Surely the important word here is SQUAD. Not everybody can start every game, but there will have to be some rotation and different tactics for differing opponents. One thing that annoyed a lot of people about Dolan was his very, very late substitutions (if any), and I reckon Rico will do things differently, so everybody might get their chance.

pete
04/03/2005, 2:33 PM

If you paying your taxes in dollars they definitely not paying for his education.

Since when did Sciencists know how to speeel? ;)

Btw i remember Rico saying last season when picking team of the year that he picks the best players & then fits them into a team...

Troy.McClure
04/03/2005, 4:26 PM
Are you for real?
The word is touch.

Actually, the damn b@stards made me cough up €5,500 for this year, so no, you're not still paying for my education :)
(You're probably paying for prince William to do art history though :p )

Thanks for the spelling advice though, much appreciated....(sp?) :p

Éanna
04/03/2005, 11:45 PM
Georgie was never going anywhere. It was just an over-reaction to Dolan going. Good to hear it confirmed though

iceman
04/03/2005, 11:53 PM
Dont know where the story about the Drogs being interested in Georgie came from - the squad , and Doolin are in Turkey , and speaking to club insiders tonight I have been reliably informed that NO attempt was made to sign the player.

Éanna
05/03/2005, 12:16 AM
A drogs "source" in the Sun said they would be interested if he was available. But he's not, so it doesn't matter

Fair_play_boy
05/03/2005, 9:05 AM
A drogs "source" in the Sun said they would be interested if he was available. But he's not, so it doesn't matterDon't those so-called sources get far too much respect!!! Anybody could say anything and call themselves a source, and some lazy news hound would file copy quoting him.

patsh
05/03/2005, 9:15 AM
Don't those so-called sources get far too much respect!!! Anybody could say anything and call themselves a source, and some lazy news hound would file copy quoting him.
Most of the time, the "lazy news hound" IS the source...:rolleyes:

ccfcman
05/03/2005, 10:28 AM
Explain to me why fans were there, on a stake out mission was it?

Rumour has it some one has scratched their arse, any info?

Éanna
05/03/2005, 12:42 PM
Don't those so-called sources get far too much respect!!! Anybody could say anything and call themselves a source, and some lazy news hound would file copy quoting him.
Yeah, they sure do. Still, its a handy way of getting the info out there :) Most people (myself included) are very slow to believe "sources" but it still works- even if people don't believe it, it does plant some doubt in their mind.

Éanna
05/03/2005, 1:45 PM
BTW, a quote from Georgie in todays Sun- he said he spoke to Drogs and Bohs but decided to stay

Troy.McClure
05/03/2005, 5:13 PM
Unless they had permission from the club, wouldnt that be player tapping like Chelsea & Ashley Cole? Fine them and give us a cut off it! ;)

pete
05/03/2005, 5:56 PM
The sooner the football starts & everyone can focus on what goes ON the pitch.

At times George really is full of himself.

:rolleyes:

Éanna
05/03/2005, 8:36 PM
By the sounds of it Lennox gave them permission to talk to Georgie. maybe it was a case of Lennox reminding him who the boss is, and saying "if you don't like it, you can go." He was calling George's bluff IMO, as he was never going to leave anyway. Its done and dusted now, Damo and George have spoken and both are happy apparently, so lets look to the future.

iceman
06/03/2005, 8:49 PM
BTW, a quote from Georgie in todays Sun- he said he spoke to Drogs and Bohs but decided to stay

Fair enough Eanna , maybe it is true , the point I was making was that no-one at the club knew. Its possible that Doolin called him from Turkey but as you say - he's staying at City now anyway.