PDA

View Full Version : Rovers new signing

MariborKev
04/03/2005, 11:03 AM
Rovers Polish signing (http://www.eleven-a-side.com/premier/irish_soccer_detail.asp?newsid=16301)

What is the relevance of Poland?

dortie
04/03/2005, 12:41 PM
Rovers Polish signing (http://www.eleven-a-side.com/premier/irish_soccer_detail.asp?newsid=16301)

Have Rovers signed Derek 'Donkey' Philips ????????

sullanefc
04/03/2005, 1:43 PM

Perhaps, the fact that thousands of poles have moved to Ireland since joining the EU, this is a token signing by Rovers in an attempt to get some Polish football fans through their turnstiles. A bit like Arsenal signing Inamoto. Or am I just being cynical??

noby
04/03/2005, 2:23 PM
Perhaps, the fact that thousands of poles have moved to Ireland since joining the EU, this is a token signing by Rovers in an attempt to get some Polish football fans through their turnstiles. A bit like Arsenal signing Inamoto. Or am I just being cynical??

...except he's French.
:confused:

observer
04/03/2005, 3:29 PM
Shamrock Rovers FC have tabled an official complaint to the Eircom League in respect of the fact that in recent years their club has been Polarized. They claim that they feel that are badly treated by the Pol-ice at away matches. Their manager Mr Collins considers himself Poles apart from others in the league, many of whom have called him a Polecat, which drives him up the Pole. They also claim that allegations have been made that they now have more Poles in their side then have been erected at their(or someone's) development at Tallaght. This has totally Polaxed any hope of Pol-ite relations between all sides in the future.
Foot ie are currently considering a Poll to estimate the veracity of their complaint. ;) :p

jimhacker
07/03/2005, 11:10 AM
Shamrock Rovers FC have tabled an official complaint to the Eircom League in respect of the fact that in recent years their club has been Polarized. They claim that they feel that are badly treated by the Pol-ice at away matches. Their manager Mr Collins considers himself Poles apart from others in the league, many of whom have called him a Polecat, which drives him up the Pole. They also claim that allegations have been made that they now have more Poles in their side then have been erected at their(or someone's) development at Tallaght. This has totally Polaxed any hope of Pol-ite relations between all sides in the future.
Foot ie are currently considering a Poll to estimate the veracity of their complaint. ;) :p

They always were polished performers.!

And polite with it!

Poor Student
07/03/2005, 2:12 PM
...except he's French.

Inamoto is Japanese.

MariborKev
07/03/2005, 5:03 PM
Eh?

Who mentioned Inamoto?

Poor Student
07/03/2005, 5:06 PM

To which noby replied: "...except he's French. :confused: "

Bald Student
07/03/2005, 5:27 PM
To which noby replied: "...except he's French. :confused: "

:confused:I think the point is that the Rovers player is French, not Polish.

Poor Student
07/03/2005, 5:32 PM
I think the point is that the Rovers player is French, not Polish.

Mikael Wolski? Or have I totally missed something? :confused:

Bald Student
07/03/2005, 6:33 PM
From the first post:

Shamrock Rovers manager Roddy Collins has completed the signing of French defender Mikael Wolski, who has done enough in a recent trial at the club to earn a short-term deal with the Hoops until the summer

Poor Student
07/03/2005, 8:41 PM
From the article you mean. It was hardly made clear. Is the French thing a typo? Is he a Pole? Or a Frenchman of Polish origin?

dcfcsteve
07/03/2005, 8:51 PM
Mikael Wolski? Or have I totally missed something? :confused:

It's a typo. Real name : Mickey Whoriskey. Place of Birth : Ballmacgroarty, Derry City. Favourite food : his ma's Sunday dinners.

:D

Passive
07/03/2005, 9:03 PM
Not entirely sure why this is so important, but I'm glad to clarify that Michel Wolski is French born of Polish parentage!

A face
07/03/2005, 9:32 PM
Is it Choppin?

Hes a carpenter ??