PDA

View Full Version : Gone to the Dogs

Bernie
07/02/2002, 10:52 AM
Well actually we won't be.

I'm reliably informed that Cork City FC's Night at the Dogs has been cancelled due to lack of interest. This would have to be confirmed but looks like their only off the pitch effort this year has fallen through.
Nuts!

Peadar
07/02/2002, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by Bernie
I'm reliably informed that Cork City FC's Night at the Dogs has been cancelled due to lack of interest.

You mean that none of the board could round up some of their business buddies to chip in for a table?
My local pub at home brought a bus load of people up there for the night and had great craic. I'm amazed and saddened the club couldn't stir up some interest.

pete
07/02/2002, 11:13 AM
First I heard of Dog Night but then again not down to the real capital much.

Was this event publicised much?

Neil
07/02/2002, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by pete
Never heard of it either. Wasn't publicised at all, but is it not one of them comapny type things where a ticket costs a couple of hundred?
If not I'm pretty sure a lot of ordinary supporters would go...

Peadar
07/02/2002, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by pete

There was a bit in the programme about it and I think it was announced over the PA to the large attendance at the Dundalk game.

James
07/02/2002, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by Peadar

There was a bit in the programme about it and I think it was announced over the PA to the large attendance at the Dundalk game.

so basicallly what your saying is no advertising that they had to pay money for anyway..same old same old ;)

niamh
08/02/2002, 3:32 PM
Hardly surprising then that it was cancelled...people won't go and see what they don't know is on...

ccfcman
09/02/2002, 7:25 PM
cork city publicise f uck all matey