PDA

View Full Version : 2018 Season Tickets

Pages : [1] 2 3

brendy_éire
02/11/2017, 12:32 PM
Derry City have announced their prices for next seaon, a standard ticket is up £40 to £220.
Prices haven't changed in years and there's an extra few games, so no real complaints.

I think they've really made a mistake with charging an extra £40 (£280 in total) for bar access though. I could be wrong, but I just don't see many people paying that. It would be an £80 jump on last year's prices, and paying money to be allowed the opportunity to pay money won't wash with a lot of people. As it's 'special' ST holders only in the bar, there'll be no access for away fans or occasional visitors.

http://www.derrycityfc.net/2017/11/backtothebrandy-season-ticket-information/

micls
02/11/2017, 12:38 PM
City's adult ticket is 215 early bird, 225 before Xmas and 235 full price. Kids tickets 50euro.

Great value with the extra games.

thebronze14
03/11/2017, 10:19 PM
Derry City have announced their prices for next seaon, a standard ticket is up £40 to £220.
Prices haven't changed in years and there's an extra few games, so no real complaints.

I think they've really made a mistake with charging an extra £40 (£280 in total) for bar access though. I could be wrong, but I just don't see many people paying that. It would be an £80 jump on last year's prices, and paying money to be allowed the opportunity to pay money won't wash with a lot of people. As it's 'special' ST holders only in the bar, there'll be no access for away fans or occasional visitors.

http://www.derrycityfc.net/2017/11/backtothebrandy-season-ticket-information/
I saw that...Seems a bit mean tbh. Don't know much about the setup there but unless it's a tiny bar and they really need to limit numbers. It was a decent press release to be fair, well written

outspoken
04/11/2017, 7:21 AM
Would’ve been a better idea to have a beer season ticket giving holders one free drink per game or a 10% discount in the bar, can’t see people buying it to cover the loss of not having away fans and non ST holders in there. Maybe it’s to reduce the chances of trouble?

Seagull
04/11/2017, 11:01 AM
City's adult ticket is 215 early bird, 225 before Xmas and 235 full price. Kids tickets 50euro.

Great value with the extra games.

Just wondering what age for the kids ticket?

micls
04/11/2017, 12:05 PM
Just wondering what age for the kids ticket?

Under 12 I think. There's are concession prices for teenagers and oaps too, don't have them to hand

brendy_éire
04/11/2017, 12:33 PM
Maybe it’s to reduce the chances of trouble?

Nah, I think it's just that the board are pretty out of touch with the fans on this.
The bar holds 350 or so, I believe, which is roughly the number of STs we sold this season (exceptional season, granted).
Either they think that people will be willing to pay the extra, which I doubt, or it could be a case that they just won't want people in it. They may be pricing it like that deliberately to keep people out, so as to keep it quiet for themselves and invited guests.
Either way, it's a real missed opportunity to generate some revenue.
The ones I head to the match with would be precisely the demographic you'd want in the place. We'd have a decent number of pre/post-match pints, but none of us are going to get the special ST.
Even if one or two did, they still wouldn't use the bar as it would mean splitting away from the others. That will apply across all demographics too. They'd know that if they had done some decent market research amongst fans.

nigel-harps1954
04/11/2017, 3:53 PM
You'd assume the bar in Derry will be treated as corporate facilities.

Isn't the bar in Tallaght run in a similar way?

sbgawa
04/11/2017, 5:47 PM
There are two bars right next to each other in Tallaght
The Glenmalure Suite is for members only (they pay €50 a month ). (holds about 100-150 squezzed)
The 1899 suite is run as Corporate entertainment for the bigger matches seats about 200 at a corporate gig or 300 when its just finger food and extra tables
There were around 300 in for the POTY awards after the last match and it was a great night.
No general access bar

Asterix
05/11/2017, 12:00 AM
Glenmalure will be open to season ticket holders next season.

**FrOsTy**
06/11/2017, 3:29 PM
Waterford FC Season Ticket deals announced today with special offer prices until Dec 1st (special offer prices on right)

http://www.waterfordfc.ie/2018-season-ticket-launched/

Adult Old Stand €210.00 - €189.00
Adult New Stand €210.00- €189.00
Reserved Adult Old Stand €335.00 -€301.50
Reserved Senior Old Stand (65+) €200.00 - €180.00
Senior Old Stand (65+) €125.00 - €112.50
Senior New Stand (65+) €125.00 - €112.50
2nd Level Student Old Stand (14-18) €120.00 - €108.00
2nd Level Student New Stand (14-18) €120.00 - €108.00
3rd Level Student Old Stand €135.00 - €121.50
3rd Level Student New Stand €135.00 - €121.50
Child Old Stand (U14) €75.00 - €67.50
Child New Stand (U14) €75.00 - €67.50
Family A – 1 Adult/1 Child €250.00 - €225.00
Family B – 1 Adult/2 Children €300.00 - €270.00
Family C – 1 Adult/3 Children €330.00 - €300.00
Family D – 2 Adult/2 Children €470.00 - €423.00
Family E – 2 Adult/3 Children €500.00 - €450.00

legendz
07/11/2017, 9:12 PM
The launch of the newly formed Wexford Supporters Trust is going well, and it has already been agreed that manager Damian Locke is to remain in charge for next season.

Now it's time to play your part: http://www.wexfordfc.ie/latest-news/518-2018-season-tickets-are-now-on-sale

I wish the Wexford Supporters Trust all the best in their efforts. Wexford people are privileged to have a local LoI team.

gormacha
11/11/2017, 10:25 AM
Waterford FC Season Ticket deals announced today with special offer prices until Dec 1st (special offer prices on right)

Somewhat surprised that there is no "unwaged" or similar category.

Do other clubs have such a season ticket category?

legendz
11/11/2017, 11:00 AM

Waterford are rightly talking up the big three. Cork and Dundalk coming to any ground is now a promotional opportunity as Category A opposition. Shamrock Rovers however along with Derry are Category B. All the rest are Category C.

RathfarnhamHoop
11/11/2017, 12:35 PM
Waterford are rightly talking up the big three. Cork and Dundalk coming to any ground is now a promotional opportunity as Category A opposition. Shamrock Rovers however along with Derry are Category B. All the rest are Category C.

Attendance figures would tend to disagree with you there. Most clubs highest attendances this year will probably show that when rovers come they get their, or one of their, highest attendance(s) of the season. You may not like us but when rovers come to town more people will want to come watch than normal, more so than Derry, and the away fan numbers will be higher too, probably the biggest away support in the league.

micls
11/11/2017, 1:20 PM
Attendance figures would tend to disagree with you there. Most clubs highest attendances this year will probably show that when rovers come they get their, or one of their, highest attendance(s) of the season. You may not like us but when rovers come to town more people will want to come watch than normal, more so than Derry, and the away fan numbers will be higher too, probably the biggest away support in the league.

Interesting. Do you have figures to support that? Obviously the last few years the Dundalk games would be our biggest attendances. Fairly big drop off after that. Rovers and Derry would generally draw a crowd too, obviously with rovers having the bigger away support. After that it's much of a muchness

legendz
11/11/2017, 1:37 PM
Interesting. Do you have figures to support that? Obviously the last few years the Dundalk games would be our biggest attendances. Fairly big drop off after that. Rovers and Derry would generally draw a crowd too, obviously with rovers having the bigger away support. After that it's much of a muchnessThat's what I thought as well. If Cork or Dundalk are coming to Limerick, it's an easy sell to make the effort of a trip to Limerick. Shamrock Rovers and Derry would be tempting as well.

People will tend to work their plans around these games while the other games fall into the category of having to suit already made plans.

A Europa playoff isn't everyone's cup of tea but it can raise the profile of clubs battling it out for the final Europa place on offer.

RathfarnhamHoop
11/11/2017, 3:05 PM
Interesting. Do you have figures to support that? Obviously the last few years the Dundalk games would be our biggest attendances. Fairly big drop off after that. Rovers and Derry would generally draw a crowd too, obviously with rovers having the bigger away support. After that it's much of a muchness

Rovers were the highest attendance for Bohs, Bray, Dundalk, Pats and joint for Derry. 4th/11 for cork. 10th/11 for Limerick, though there was only one home game for Limerick between the two and it was a Tuesday. 4th/11 for sligo, only played there once. 2/11 for Drogs. 5th/11 for Harps, only played there once. 6th/11 for Galway.
So overall you're looking at 1,1,1,1,=1,2,4,4,5,6,10.
Not as good as i had thought but when you consider cork were the highest attendance for 2,including Derry, and Dundalk 3, including Derry, and Derry 1, its still pretty good.

micls
11/11/2017, 4:09 PM
Rovers were the highest attendance for Bohs, Bray, Dundalk, Pats and joint for Derry. 4th/11 for cork. 10th/11 for Limerick, though there was only one home game for Limerick between the two and it was a Tuesday. 4th/11 for sligo, only played there once. 2/11 for Drogs. 5th/11 for Harps, only played there once. 6th/11 for Galway.
Not as good as i had thought but when you consider cork were the highest attendance for 2,including Derry, and Dundalk 3, including Derry, and Derry 1, its still pretty good.

Given the fact that ye tend to be the highest attendance for clubs quite nearby, away attendance is obviously a big factor. The further away ye go, less away fans, less local rivalry. Good indictment of ye're away attendance definitely.

sbgawa
11/11/2017, 5:10 PM
Yes we are unique in that the farther away the less support. Most clubs away support is bigger the further away the match is

micls
11/11/2017, 5:17 PM
Yes we are unique in that the farther away the less support. Most clubs away support is bigger the further away the match is

Touchy much? I was complimenting ye're away support relative to other teams. You don't see the same boost in attendances for other teams, therefore ye're away support likely has a big impact on attendances in games nearby. Whereas without that bump further away there's less of an impact of it being Rovers that are playing.

I'll simplify it for you.

Rovers have a big away support especially near home. That equals bigger attendances in games vs Rovers. This is impressive. Rovers have an understandably smaller away support further away. So the bump for it being Rovers is smaller. It was a compliment, you might not be used to them.

RathfarnhamHoop
11/11/2017, 6:35 PM

I'm pretty sure it was meant as a compliment

sbgawa
11/11/2017, 9:35 PM
Your right I'm not used to it......it's like that girl in the nightclub telling me I reminded her of a movie star ...I was thinking the elephant man she was thinking the baby elephant.....cute and cuddley

oriel
11/11/2017, 10:44 PM

I think Rovers at home for Dundalk this year, being the first game was obviously a big contribution for the season biggest home attendance, but also the slow start to the league and big gap points wide behind Cork in the first series was probably a bigger factor in no higher attendances.

RathfarnhamHoop
12/11/2017, 12:45 AM
I think Rovers at home for Dundalk this year, being the first game was obviously a big contribution for the season biggest home attendance, but also the slow start to the league and big gap points wide behind Cork in the first series was probably a bigger factor in no higher attendances.

Every club gets a first game of the season boost, most teams experience a lull in attendance in mid season too, and when i was looking at those attendances the times rovers played those clubs lined up with that lull in lots of cases so swings and roundabouts. Even if you take the average of rovers two games in dundalk in the league that comes out as bigger than Dundalks next higest attendance.
End of the day rovers are a big attraction, you'll get a decent away crowd, it's a big name and easy to market.

legendz
12/11/2017, 11:48 AM
End of the day rovers are a big attraction, you'll get a decent away crowd, it's a big name and easy to market.
Rovers are a big attraction. The consistency of the top 2 has Rovers third in the pecking order however. Cork and Dundalk are box office.

blueblood
12/11/2017, 11:52 AM
Rovers were the highest attendance for........ and joint for Derry.
Every club had the joint highest attendance v Derry

Mr A
13/11/2017, 9:49 AM
Given the fact that ye tend to be the highest attendance for clubs quite nearby, away attendance is obviously a big factor. The further away ye go, less away fans, less local rivalry. Good indictment of ye're away attendance definitely.

Fewer away fans.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBtZuLtU_dM

Asterix
13/11/2017, 12:38 PM
Rovers prices announced.

sbgawa
13/11/2017, 1:02 PM
An adult with 3 kids for €210 that's serious value lads

edited....

and a free pass for the bar if you book by 14th of December as well as a €10 voucher for the shop

IsMiseSean
13/11/2017, 2:02 PM
€210 is decent value.
Sligo are charging €250 :eek:. In fairness they have a early bird offer for €220, but considering the muck they served up last year, they're chancing their arm a bit.

And yes Sligo fans, you stayed up ahead of us.

total hoofball
23/11/2017, 10:21 PM
Shels season ticket prices announced - same as the previous four seasons in the first division so hard to judge how many games value this is worth when nobody seems to know how many games will be played in the first division next season with only 12 weeks to kick off

http://www.shelbournefc.ie/news/4390/2018-season-tickets-on-sale-now

icket Type

Early Bird

Full Price

Family

€320

€350

Adult

€160

€175

Student

€90

€100

Juvenile

€55

€60

OAP

€55

€60

IsMiseSean
24/11/2017, 11:22 AM
€175 for first division football is a rip off.

redobit
24/11/2017, 1:14 PM
€210 is decent value.
Sligo are charging €250 :eek:. In fairness they have a early bird offer for €220, but considering the muck they served up last year, they're chancing their arm a bit.

Its about 12 quid a game. Not too bad. The club have been pretty good with kids season tickets in recent years I have to say. Gave away 300 free u12 season tickets last year and gave a free home jersey with every u12 season ticket another season. I paid 70 quid last year and got 2 u12 seasons tickets plus 2 home jerseys, great value. The secondary school and u12 season tickets have always been very well priced.

Whatever about our €220 shocking you. Maybe you should be more shocked that a club with accumulated debts of a million odd quid isn't charging more!

dundalkfc10
24/11/2017, 2:23 PM

You talk some crap!

IsMiseSean
24/11/2017, 3:13 PM
Whatever about our €220 shocking you. Maybe you should be more shocked that a club with accumulated debts of a million odd quid isn't charging more!

That'll teach me for having an opinion on another club's season ticket pricing....:)

sbgawa
24/11/2017, 3:51 PM
You talk some crap!

I've been studying your posts and trying to copy your style :)

outspoken
28/11/2017, 9:49 AM
Looks like it will be a 27 game season in the FD according to reports today

Mr A
28/11/2017, 12:59 PM
Don't think it's settled yet. Despite not liking the repetition would prefer 4 rounds to 3. Cut out some of the nonsense around having no league games on cup weekends (even quarters and semis) and play a few rounds on bank holidays and there should not be too many mid week games.

sbgawa
28/11/2017, 1:42 PM
The first division clubs should lobby the FAI to ask the cup sponsor to allow a derogation for the FD.
Same as with the Champions league UEFA won't allow any premier league matches from UEFA countries to be played on Champions league nights but they allow lower division matches.
4 or 5 extra home matches/ attendances/match sponsors etc for the better supported teams is a decent chunk of budget.

total hoofball
28/11/2017, 5:43 PM
Don't think it's settled yet. Despite not liking the repetition would prefer 4 rounds to 3. Cut out some of the nonsense around having no league games on cup weekends (even quarters and semis) and play a few rounds on bank holidays and there should not be too many mid week games.
I know First Division clubs are tight for cash and whatnot but the division would be stronger in the long-term with more regular games and a similar structure to the Premier Division

Judging by The Sun article I won't be shocked if this format decision rumbles into the new year as the FAI and the First Division clubs sound like they are miles apart on promotion and relegation. I definitely think if you want to avoid the First Division continuing as a graveyard then two automatic promotion spots are required. If it's 27 games I can't see how there can be play-offs with both divisions heavily out-of-sync in fixtures throughout the season unless the First Division season starts late March. I would like to see two up/two down no play-offs if they are going to go with a 27 game season and finish the season up early in October like the past few years.

https://www.thesun.ie/sport/football/1859463/sse-airtricity-league-promotion-and-relegation-format-to-be-confirmed-this-week/

sulywaterfordfc
30/11/2017, 5:20 AM
We’ve already surpassed last seasons, season ticket numbers. Averaged 1500/600 too. With away fans to actually travel in numbers more then a dozen. Expect our attendances to general be around the 2500 mark. Higher end of the scale for games with Cork Rovers Dundalk Bohs of course

oriel
30/11/2017, 8:04 AM
We’ve already surpassed last seasons, season ticket numbers. Averaged 1500/600 too. With away fans to actually travel in numbers more then a dozen. Expect our attendances to general be around the 2500 mark. Higher end of the scale for games with Cork Rovers Dundalk Bohs of course

I know its early planning, but lots of Dundalk fans I spoke to already thinking of making Waterford one of the big stop over trips next season. A lot would never have been to the new ground and loads haven't been since the play off win in 2012. Will definitely be taking a big crowd down to either or both games.

sulywaterfordfc
30/11/2017, 9:13 AM
I know its early planning, but lots of Dundalk fans I spoke to already thinking of making Waterford one of the big stop over trips next season. A lot would never have been to the new ground and loads haven't been since the play off win in 2012. Will definitely be taking a big crowd down to either or both games.

For the first trip, would be expecting close to 500 traveling if I’m honest. Dundalk known for travelling in numbers, had two of the six blocks (essential five blocks, as the corner blocks half the size of the rest) of the new stand full in 2012, so I’d imagine it’ll be something similar. With 1/5th of 1700, 340 and then 170 on the corner block plus a few extras on the steps had it 600 traveling fans roughly, can imagine it’ll be something similar. Obviously Dundalk have a bigger fan base now then too. Likes of Dundalk have a bigger appeal to the casual fan down here, so probably bring a few extra home heads in the gates. I hope the club bring back the standing behind the goals which was around in the early 00’s. I can see the stands selling out possibly for the bigger games next year considering there’s 3100 seats (I think). Extra couple hundred fans behind the goals like the early 00’s would add to the atmosphere too. Very much exciting times, cleaning the slate and generating the interest from the locals and the local business is something that has been missed with a long time

El-Pietro
30/11/2017, 9:22 AM
For the first trip, would be expecting close to 500 traveling if I’m honest.
I'd be shocked if it was that much. Dundalk bring a big crowd once in a while, but rarely close to 500 to Cork. If they had a large crowd for a playoff game in 2012 you have to realise it was because it was such a big game. They might bring 2 or 300 the first time they travel down but no way will they bring down 500 or more, unless its a league decider or similar.

If your club is budgeting in the way you are here then you are in for a shock next season. Lose a few games and gates will drop off significantly, it happens to every club.

oriel
30/11/2017, 9:47 AM
I would agree 300 / 350 tops might be closer to the mark for this away trip, novelty of first away game there since 2012 (even though it was a play off) will still be a factor though.

Anyway I`m going to the first away one..................looking forward too, nice stop over.

sulywaterfordfc
30/11/2017, 10:06 AM
I'd be shocked if it was that much. Dundalk bring a big crowd once in a while, but rarely close to 500 to Cork. If they had a large crowd for a playoff game in 2012 you have to realise it was because it was such a big game. They might bring 2 or 300 the first time they travel down but no way will they bring down 500 or more, unless its a league decider or similar.

If your club is budgeting in the way you are here then you are in for a shock next season. Lose a few games and gates will drop off significantly, it happens to every club.

Pretty sure the club have more cop on then to base the budget on a nonsense site like this. Personal opinion isn’t that what this site is for? Knew never it was a forum to tell the board of clubs how they should run themselves.....

Even if the club based the budget on last years season ticket numbers, the sales have already passed that number. Not to mention season tickets been sold at a higher price. Then the club are off to a great start.

I wasn’t basing it off a game 5 years ago either. I was just talking about the last time we played (?). I’m not making or guessing the clubs budget at all nor made any reference to it, so I don’t see where the budget comes from? All it is, is a fans view on how many away fans he thinks a club may bring. I’m sure the club will have a well documented and researched budget in place, if anything I’d guess the club are more likely to under exaggerate then over exaggerate potential numbers.

It is also normal in the LOI for away numbers to be higher then normal for clubs early in the season, especially if it’s the first or second away. That’s why I highlighted my opinion to be based on Dundalks first trip down here.

Just because you don’t agree with someone’s opinion doesn’t mean their opinion is wrong.

bennocelt
30/11/2017, 10:25 AM
Any idea when the fixture lists are coming out guys?

El-Pietro
30/11/2017, 10:50 AM
Pretty sure the club have more cop on then to base the budget on a nonsense site like this. Personal opinion isn’t that what this site is for? Knew never it was a forum to tell the board of clubs how they should run themselves.....

Even if the club based the budget on last years season ticket numbers, the sales have already passed that number. Not to mention season tickets been sold at a higher price. Then the club are off to a great start.

I wasn’t basing it off a game 5 years ago either. I was just talking about the last time we played (?). I’m not making or guessing the clubs budget at all nor made any reference to it, so I don’t see where the budget comes from? All it is, is a fans view on how many away fans he thinks a club may bring. I’m sure the club will have a well documented and researched budget in place, if anything I’d guess the club are more likely to under exaggerate then over exaggerate potential numbers.

It is also normal in the LOI for away numbers to be higher then normal for clubs early in the season, especially if it’s the first or second away. That’s why I highlighted my opinion to be based on Dundalks first trip down here.

Just because you don’t agree with someone’s opinion doesn’t mean their opinion is wrong.

Your opinion is wildly speculative and based on extremes. Your home attendances last year were good because you were winning every week. That won't happen in the Premier (if it does fair play but its unlikely). Your opinion that Dundalk will bring over 500 because the last time you played them they did is foolish, because that was a massive game. Perhaps if you play them first you might get 300 or so, but they don't bring that sort of a crowd for run of the mill games. When they were winning leagues they brought a really big crowd ~500 once or twice in the last four years to Cork, usually its much lower. Same for us going to Dundalk. When leagues were on the line we bring a big crowd up there but for a mid season game it would be closer to 200 or so.
I'm sure for their first trip to Waterford they will bring a decent crowd but you were using a starting point of 500 whereas I would say that would be extremely optimistic, even if its the first game of the season.
The only clubs who will realistically bring close to 500 to Waterford are Cork City (cos its a close game for us) and Shamrock Rovers. I hope I'm wrong and every game is a sell out, but experience tells me I won't be.

Lim till i die
30/11/2017, 11:06 AM
2500 average plodding along in midtable at your edge of town athletics stadium??

Goodluck with that chief. :Good:

Still great news on the season tickets. Nice to see the people of waterford embrace their new striker. (Let's hope not too literally if any of those people are young girls eh)