PDA

View Full Version : Richardson...Dolan..

RedX
04/03/2005, 2:14 AM
It was sad to see Pat Dolan leaving and i would like to thank him for all the memorys during his time with City.He is a passionate man and cared a lot about the club and i wish him all the best..

Now i would like to welcome the best manager we ever had here at City back and i know Damien Richardson will be a sucess at City.He is a gent and loves the club and on top of all that he is a very good manager..

Lastly anyone that boos Brian Lennox or the board at our first home game should be ashamed.He is a decent guy and without him we might not even have a club..

While i am a fan of Georgie it makes me laugh to see him getting so upset now Dolan is gone..he spent most of last season arguing with the guy..John O Flynn can also say what he likes..he has a lot to prove this season to warrant a new contract at City..its been a while since he was on a good run so maybe these two lads need a kick up the back side for different reasons..comfort zone was Flynnys favourite place last season..

I wont hide tha fact i am a Brian Lennox fan and i am thrilled Richardson is back..i am now more convinced we can win something this year..give those lads a few weeks with the new manager and they wont even remember Dolan......

Get behind the club and our manager!

patsh
04/03/2005, 7:46 AM
I would like to be as optimistic about the season as you are Redx. I think it will take some effort by Rico to get this team playing for him the way they played for Dolan. I really fear for our first few games at least, because I think a few players are going to be pining for Dolan and their hearts may just not be in it. I hope I'm wrong, but I really think it's going to take a while to get over the events of the last few weeks....:(

kevincronin2000
04/03/2005, 7:54 AM
what I am really afraid of is that we dont get off to good start, as this would mean the fans might start to get on ricos and lennoxs back. I can imagine the chants then, Pat Dolans rebel army.....
....and who could blame them.

Ozymandias
04/03/2005, 8:52 AM
I am sad to see pat leave but I do think we got the best replacement that was out there in Rico..

Pat is a cautious manager in general thus why we used to retreat and invite teams on to us when we had a lead (not knocking the guy its just his style)
Rico is definitely more expansive and isn't afraid to throw caution to the wind...like the last draw in tolka..I thought we should have really gone at shels in the last 15 but we didn't..Rico would deffo have gone more attack minded...

I think if you could merge ricos expansiveness with pats motivational ability you would have the perfect manager.

I will miss pat dolan but I also look forward to good football under rico and I believe that we won't be far off at all.....

Don't think it will be a trophyless season either ..so its not all doom and gloom

drinkfeckarse
04/03/2005, 8:52 AM
I think it will take some effort by Rico to get this team playing for him the way they played for Dolan(

I dunno, I played for Rico just for a few months at the Ramblers and his enthusiasm is infectious. A nice guy really.

1 9 8 4
04/03/2005, 8:57 AM
Don't think it will be a trophyless season either ..so its not all doom and gloom

Muster Senior Cup...

Ozymandias
04/03/2005, 9:05 AM
Muster Senior Cup...
unlike you I don't think in trivial things...

stay negative though if that suits

Peadar
04/03/2005, 9:08 AM
Rico has had a chance to be objective on all things eL during this time away from management, while working as a pundit.
I think this is a huge advantage for us and should tell in his approach to away games.
I'd expect us to start the season off cautiously and build up a nice momemtum during the summer.
Cork City FC is a managers dream.
Quality players.
Genuine League contenders.
Setanta Cup.
UEFA Cup.
Biggest fan base in Ireland.
An ambitious Chairman.

Gary
04/03/2005, 9:11 AM
People are saying that Richardson will have City playing a far better brand of football. Am I alone in thinking that Dolans style wasnt all that bad? Sure it was muck at times, but Im sure you can say that about any manager in football, but there were a few games, most notably Europe that City were playing cavalier, fast and exciting ball.

Interesting times ahead anyways.

Peadar
04/03/2005, 9:20 AM
People are saying that Richardson will have City playing a far better brand of football.

It would be crazy for him to try and change our style but he should change our approach to certain games.
We struggled to find consistency under Dolan.

City Hero
04/03/2005, 10:12 AM
People are saying that Richardson will have City playing a far better brand of football. Am I alone in thinking that Dolans style wasnt all that bad?
Under Richardson's 18 month spell in the 90's, City scored 95 goals in 50 games, the highest goals to games rate under any manager, and he is also the only manager to win more than half his games in charge of City. If he can reproduce a team like that, the sky is the limit.

Ozymandias
04/03/2005, 10:23 AM
when he left us weren't wee top of the league

In fairness his ability as a manager cannot be questioned...with a small bit of luck he could have won 2 titles with shels to add to his fai and league cups.

I do not see thids a s a step backwards as some make out..i think he can kick on from the work that pat has done

adamd164
04/03/2005, 11:24 AM
When he left, we were 6 (or more) points clear, and ended up in mid-table!

Like Ozymandias, I think his style will be more open - roll on the new season!

yiddo
04/03/2005, 11:43 AM
When he left, we were 6 (or more) points clear, and ended up in mid-table!

Afaik we were 12 points ahead and in the League Cup final.

adamd164
04/03/2005, 11:47 AM
I knew it was more than 6 :rolleyes: :p

That's some margin........and he was forced to leave because of the underhanded deadlings of a dodgy board.

Gandhi
04/03/2005, 12:48 PM
I am sad to see pat leave but I do think we got the best replacement that was out there in Rico..

Totally agree, thank God Roddy Collins is in a job (though I doubt if Brian Lennox would have even considered asking him if he wasn't)

I think if you could merge ricos expansiveness with pats motivational ability you would have the perfect manager.

I will miss pat dolan but I also look forward to good football under rico and I believe that we won't be far off at all.....

As someone already said the other day, let's be grateful this didn't happen when the season had already started...Rico has a few weeks to work with the lads and build up team spirit etc, so there is huge grounds for optimism. People have/ had every right to be upset over what's happened but I do agree with the sentiment that we have to move on.

Dricky
04/03/2005, 1:40 PM
COME ON CITY

can't wait for the start...

Troy.McClure
04/03/2005, 4:20 PM
what I am really afraid of is that we dont get off to good start, as this would mean the fans might start to get on ricos and lennoxs back.

Thats a posibility but I think that most people are behind Lennox. If you want to see what a bad start to a season looks like, remember how we started last year! That was a nightmare!

Éanna
04/03/2005, 11:49 PM
Great to see people moving on, and getting ready for the kick off. Fair play to Pat for doing an excellent job for the last 2 years, but that chapter is closed now. Rico is a great choice- he knows the league well, he knows Cork pretty well too, and already I've been encouraged by his optimism. Roll on trophies :)

ccfcman
05/03/2005, 9:12 AM
Here hereÉanna.

If I was to be a bit evil I'd have to say my preffered man is in charge right now, Damo knows hisstuff and is a wee bit less vocal towards the media. We all thank Mr.Dolan for the good times and look forwrd to sorting out the likes of Valencia et al in the UEFA Cup, oh and we'll take the league too :)

Counting Crow
05/03/2005, 12:28 PM
No matter what people think about the goings on over the past few weeks what is done is done and we MUST MOVE ON!

If we (players, fans, and the Club in general) don't get over it, the only winners will be the rest of the teams in the League.

Two weeks to go and two tough friendlies next week.

It will be very apparent who is with City and who is not .......... on all fronts (i.e. on the pitch as well as on the terraces).

IMO we MUST get behind Rico and the players (but any player who pulls on that sacred green shirt BETTER give 100% or they can swing for it)

C'MON CITY!

sligoman
05/03/2005, 1:31 PM
Just curious to know who would Cork fans prefer to see as their manager? Pat Dolan or Damien Richardson? Can I get a poll for this please.

Éanna
05/03/2005, 1:43 PM
I don't think a Poll is a great idea. Dolan's gone, he's not coming back.

sligoman
05/03/2005, 1:47 PM
I don't think a Poll is a great idea. Dolan's gone, he's not coming back.

I know he's gone but as I said I just wanted to know who is more supported and who would ye prefer to see in charge