PDA

View Full Version : Classic Scousers

KK77
03/03/2005, 2:50 PM
Anyone in Cardiff last sunday see one of the scousers flags absolute classic saying, "ROMANS TAXES PAYS MY GIRO" pure class they always seem to come up with some classic ones i remember the 2003 final against the mancs another class one saying "HILLMAN IS A SCOUSER".

stojkovic
03/03/2005, 2:54 PM
Anyone in Cardiff last sunday see one of the scousers flags absolute classic saying, "ROMANS TAXES PAYS MY GIRO" pure class they always seem to come up with some classic ones i remember the 2003 final against the mancs another class one saying "HILLMAN IS A SCOUSER".Do you mean SHIPMAN ?

KK77
03/03/2005, 2:56 PM
No mean "HILLMAN" as around the time of the 2003 final Hillman was after killing some old biddy in Coronation Street!!!

stojkovic
03/03/2005, 3:00 PM
No mean "HILLMAN" as around the time of the 2003 final Hillman was after killing some old biddy in Coronation Street!!!Jaysus, Corrie. I thought you meant Harold Shipman.

noby
03/03/2005, 3:31 PM
In fairness Conor, with a name like Rafa B, he's bound to be a little biased. But for the record, could you tell us some of these hilarious mayo/GAA banners. None I can think of, off hand.

Karlos
03/03/2005, 3:34 PM
Not too sure on the humourous ones but have always liked the big liverpool flags with the 18 league trophies and 4 euro cups on it - you just can't argue with that! :)

on a side note: still have fond memories of the 'Old Trafford Champions Section' banner the Gonners unveiled before we completed the double up in Salford in 2002 - great memories! :D

KK77
03/03/2005, 3:34 PM
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawn.

'Scousers'? Where in England are you from?

That thing about Scouse wit is about as hackneyed a myth as any. I've seen fans from Mayo at the All Ireland with funnier banners but noone talks about the Belmulllet wit. And noone usually refers to it in the context of Everton fans, who surely share the same city, background, accent, experiences etc. etc.

Furthermore, I can honestly say that the two statements you mention fall way way way short of my humour threshold. I wouldn't even consider them mildly amusing, particularly the one about Richard Hillman. And I certainly wouldn't think it 'class'. But that's just a difference in taste and each to their own.

Exactly each to their own

KK77
03/03/2005, 3:59 PM
Not too sure on the humourous ones but have always liked the big liverpool flags with the 18 league trophies and 4 euro cups on it - you just can't argue with that! :)

on a side note: still have fond memories of the 'Old Trafford Champions Section' banner the Gonners unveiled before we completed the double up in Salford in 2002 - great memories! :D

Yeah i sure remember that one in O T class flag but again i think the ones i mentioned are good fair enough each to their own but sure the one the gooners had in O T is humerous just like the two scouse ones in Cardiff

stojkovic
03/03/2005, 4:02 PM
At the 1977 European Cup Final ;

Joey Jones ate the Frogs legs
Made the Swiss roll
And now he's
Munchin Gladbach

jockser
03/03/2005, 4:15 PM
or "Dont bomb Iraq nuke manchester" .....snigger

ColinR
04/03/2005, 8:46 AM
or "Dont bomb Iraq nuke manchester" .....snigger

yes. the famous scouse intelligence, which city 30 miles away would be basically destroyed from manchester being nuked????

the intelligence nearly matches their wit :rolleyes:

jockser
04/03/2005, 8:50 AM
would drogheda also be damaged??? :D :D

ColinR
04/03/2005, 9:18 AM
would drogheda also be damaged??? :D :D

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

KK77
04/03/2005, 11:02 AM
yes. the famous scouse intelligence, which city 30 miles away would be basically destroyed from manchester being nuked????

the intelligence nearly matches their wit :rolleyes:

Classic flags no other club produces them me thinks!!!!

4tothefloor
04/03/2005, 8:29 PM
How could you forget the wit behind 'Sam to Land at Knock'... ;)

Hilarious Conor, I'm rolling around the floor laughing here. The originality in that is just in a different league - the diabolical one. You can't beat GAA humour can you, but if thats your cup of tea, each to their own.

BTW, Scousers are people from Liverpool, which includes Evertonians. Scouser does not = Liverpool FC. Evertons fans are just as well known for their wit as their anfield neighbours, they're well able to dish it out. No match for those Mayo people all the same :p Only difference is, Everton never get to any finals, so they don't get to make or showcase any banners. Of course, I'm sure you've been to Anfileld and Liverpool on many, many occasions, being the knowledgable man that you are, and have experienced this "as hackneyed a myth as any" at first hand.

What do you think of cockney humour then? Or Dublin humour? I suppose these are all myths as well..... :rolleyes:

Troy.McClure
04/03/2005, 11:10 PM

Not as good as "French wine, bottle not included" on the last day of 2002/03 though ;)