PDA

View Full Version : Rico for next manager

pete
03/03/2005, 2:21 PM
Hes favourite at the moment. Would you approve ot not?

Peadar
03/03/2005, 2:23 PM
He's a dead cert, just like he was when Dolan took over. ;)

pete
03/03/2005, 2:26 PM
He's a dead cert, just like he was when Dolan took over. ;)

His pro city comments link him to job every few months. Even if he doesn't get will probably be linked anytime new manager has bad spell.

Question is - do people want to Rico or someone else...

Risteard
03/03/2005, 2:29 PM
Question is - do people want to Rico or someone else...
No its not.
The question is do you approve of him?
Sorry for being petty :) now but i think Johnny C could have been the man for the job.
BUT
i voted yes.
I'm happy with Rico being chosen and he will have my 100% support.

Peadar
03/03/2005, 2:45 PM
Sorry for being petty :) now but i think Johnny C could have been the man.

FAI Intermediate Cup to UEFA Cup is a massive jump.
Lets not get carried away here.

paudie
03/03/2005, 4:24 PM
At this late stage Rico probably is the best we could get.

Hopefully a season's contract only in case it doesn't work out. How long has he been out of management? 3 seasons?

johnny C probably a bit inexperienced but no doubt he will manage City at some stage.

He made some great comments in the Echo la st week about how lucky City players are to have such great sipport in the city.

Éanna
03/03/2005, 6:01 PM
Rico was the only possible choice IMO. You need someone with knowledge of the league and plenty of experience. Its going to be a hard task to fill Dolan's shoes, and Rico's years of experience will stand to him.

pete
03/03/2005, 6:02 PM
At least we'd all learn some new words in a full season of Rico programme notes.

adamcarr
03/03/2005, 6:04 PM
Rico's Rebel Army has a ring to it! ;)

pete
03/03/2005, 6:17 PM
Be very interested to know who other candidates are. Decision will be quick (it really does have to be at this stage) so almost certainly local (from Ireland).

Rico seems to be the only candidate. Would be strange though that Rico left originally in Plonk days for lack of funds & then he'd replace Dolan who left for similar reason... :eek:

Éanna
03/03/2005, 6:39 PM
rico has been confirmed. expect coverage on redfm tonight on cork talks back.

jofyisgod
03/03/2005, 6:42 PM
Just seen www.eecho.ie definately Richardson.
I like him, he's a good guy and well-informed. He has good player knowledge, and a clear passion for City. Met him once in town a while back, very interesting guy, and judging frm his RTÉ work, has great passion and knowledge for Irish football.

Welcome Damo!

Storysham
04/03/2005, 4:26 PM
lennox didnt look too happy in the photos of Ricos signing, in fact neither did Rico. No smiles, looked like a formality than an exciting new start to the clubs history. maybe they didnt want to rub Pat Dolans nose in it.