PDA

View Full Version : Mayo Junior Soccer

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

gnasher
20/10/2005, 12:30 PM
(and they complained in the papers about the omnigrass!),

Omnigrass is for training not for matchs. Nobody wants to play matchs on it, despite a famous quote by a Mayo league officer who said that" eircom & prem teams would be playing on them in 10 years". Welcome to old Trafford home of the omnigrass.

I agree one hunderd percent, no team should have to play on the Omnigrass, its good for five a sides and possibly friendlies but not for games that matter. That said, it does have a positive in that it allows the game to be played on the deck but it is very quick as a surface, and we won't talk about the possibilities for injury when slide tackling.......

Crossmolina's pitch - like playing on the back of moby dick, like an upturned boat hull, crazy stuff. Forgot to mention also that the ref. was half an hour late for the game as some beaut in the MAFL mixed up the fixture times......go easy on them lads.

FahyForever
20/10/2005, 12:31 PM
Anyone got the Junior cup fixtures please?????? i heard CastlebarCeltic got killala and westport got S+Fbut that's all!

mossy
21/10/2005, 12:53 PM
MULRANNY/BANGOR V WESTPORT/S&F
SHOULD BE THE PORT
MANULLA/CHARLESTOWN V BORO/CMORRIS
SHOULD BE MANULLA WITH A LITTLE HELP FROM REF McGRATH
CELTIC/KILLALA V BALLINA/ROBE
CELTIC'S HOME ADVANTAGE SHOULD SWING IT
BALLYHEANE/FAHY V GLENHEST/GLENISLAND
THE HEANE SHOULD PULL THROUGH
OUTSIDE CHANES FOR
1 CHARLESTOWN
2 BORO
3 BALLINA WITH NICKSY V CELTIC
4 FAHY NEVER SAY DIE
WHAT ODDS ON THE BIG FOUR THROUGH ? WITH APOLIGIES TO ERRIS
By the way has Connaught roasted the dinosaur ? The Meeting was last night so here's hoping that they rid of of this idiot !!

gnasher
21/10/2005, 3:14 PM
I hope they spit-roasted the dinosaur.

Mossy, i would back Celtic to walk through, they're savage strong and I'm glad we did'nt meet them in Mayo.

Westport should be able to sneak through although bringing them down to a bad ground pitchwise can work in the advantage of the opponent but they'd have to be awful good and Westport awful bad for us to go out.

I reckon Fahy/Heane will be a bomber of a game - I have a feeling Fahy could shock a superleague side and get through to the open draw as they easily have the measure of Glenhest or Glenisland (and I'm not saying that cos of my spat with Forever).

Claremorris V the Boro will also be a cracker, two of the county's best strikers going head to head - jury is still out for me. I hope it's Claremorris V Manulla though, bit of a local derby, interesting few games ahead!

And just to make Joe happy, c'mon the Boro on Sunday!

Manfred
21/10/2005, 6:16 PM
Nice to see a bit of posativity!. Unfortunatle C'morris will be 3 players down for trip to Snugboro, including their keeper! Still, any team that has done league & cup double at junior and U12 will be in a good state of mind. Last time C'morris got promoted they drew Erris at home in Con cup and lost 6 - 5 aet in a cracking match. Would be nice to see similar type of game here. That day Eric Reilly got 4 and Geremy Dee got a hat trick! How times have changed! Or have they?
Strange, no word on Connacht meeting. Will K.Kelly be playing on Sun in Westaro cup final? If not, who? D.Kilkelly or P.Crean? So many questions, such little time.
!!

Manfred
21/10/2005, 6:18 PM
I hope they spit-roasted the dinosaur.

Mossy, i would back Celtic to walk through, they're savage strong and I'm glad we did'nt meet them in Mayo.

Westport should be able to sneak through although bringing them down to a bad ground pitchwise can work in the advantage of the opponent but they'd have to be awful good and Westport awful bad for us to go out.

I reckon Fahy/Heane will be a bomber of a game - I have a feeling Fahy could shock a superleague side and get through to the open draw as they easily have the measure of Glenhest or Glenisland (and I'm not saying that cos of my spat with Forever).

Claremorris V the Boro will also be a cracker, two of the county's best strikers going head to head - jury is still out for me. I hope it's Claremorris V Manulla though, bit of a local derby, interesting few games ahead!

And just to make Joe happy, c'mon the Boro on Sunday!

Not that I would'nt support the idea, but who's to replace him?

the only 1
22/10/2005, 9:13 AM
Crossmolina 0-1 Westport United

One Down 11 to go

it was a bad fai last year plus it doesnt really count as it was only won by objections every 1 in limerick +around knows dis see how good ye are dis year:) :) :) :) :)

swinfordfc
22/10/2005, 10:28 AM
Jesus i miss alot the last week :D Welcome new comers fai cup is very interesting to say the least!!!!!! Castlebar celtic look very strong to be honest and along with westport, it could be interesting time ahead for mayo soccer.
i think castlebar will beat snugboro in final tomorrow - hope i'm wrong but just think they be too strong for the boro.

the only 1
22/10/2005, 10:57 AM
Jesus i miss alot the last week :D Welcome new comers fai cup is very interesting to say the least!!!!!! Castlebar celtic look very strong to be honest and along with westport, it could be interesting time ahead for mayo soccer.
i think castlebar will beat snugboro in final tomorrow - hope i'm wrong but just think they be too strong for the boro.

dont think any of the big teams wud worry abt teams from mayo two be honest:)

gnasher
22/10/2005, 11:16 AM
dont think any of the big teams wud worry abt teams from mayo two be honest

Fair enough only 1, but are'nt there 26 counties to be worried about, only a few of the big teams can get to the open draw so I'd save the slagging for when the competition hots up. Mayo's big two teams will go far in this compettition and I'd put my house on that. We respect Limerick soccer up here but if your feelings are not mutual, go back down to one of the many threads on the junior forum where your sniping might be appreciated.

You know yourself that Fairview are gone and they're the only team down there who's won it in recent years.So by your reckoning the biggest team are gone already and therefore, the competition must be de-valued again.

the only 1
22/10/2005, 12:20 PM
Fair enough only 1, but are'nt there 26 counties to be worried about, only a few of the big teams can get to the open draw so I'd save the slagging for when the competition hots up. Mayo's big two teams will go far in this compettition and I'd put my house on that. We respect Limerick soccer up here but if your feelings are not mutual, go back down to one of the many threads on the junior forum where your sniping might be appreciated.

You know yourself that Fairview are gone and they're the only team down there who's won it in recent years.So by your reckoning the biggest team are gone already and therefore, the competition must be de-valued again.

pike are the biggest team this year u are on abt westport+who?

FahyForever
22/10/2005, 3:42 PM
He's on about Westport and Castlebar Celtic. Both are well capable of anything Limerick have to offer I'll wager. Are you still crying about last year? The best team won it, simple as that.

abbeyvale
22/10/2005, 8:32 PM

Typical Pike supporter (one track minded, green and white blood)....

johnmayo
23/10/2005, 7:42 PM
Just a quick note to let you know that the Mayo Women knocked out UCD three time WFAI champions in WFAI quarter final today in Belfield 2-1. They played with outstanding courage and commitment.

I know it is on not on topic but I think quite a few of you would know Aidan Flately, Dave Breen and Michael Jennings? and possible a few of the girls involved so if you see them in the street say well done they really deserve it. UCD would be the eqivlant of Chelsea within the womens game. This is a major cup upset.

The Don
24/10/2005, 8:34 AM

Learn how to spell and **** off like a good lad.

the 12 th man
24/10/2005, 8:50 AM

Leave out the personal stuff.Attack the post not the poster is the rule here.

swinfordfc
24/10/2005, 9:15 AM
Yes congrats to the ladies of mayo soccer reaching the semi finals of irish senior cup yes htey bet ucd but they are only in a semi final now so go on and win it now. good luck to them and the managers.

Also in the fai cup westport and celtic will go along way in it. lads we leave the personal stuff out of it ok just sit back and enjoy and if limerick lads wants it any other way go back to your own forum. i all for some light hearted fun and this but just football ok

DYKES won his first cup as manager now can celtic push on from this? also we have some mayo side into round 3 of connacht cup so its hotting up just a little. :D

gnasher
24/10/2005, 9:37 AM
22/10/2005 12:16 PM

Listen, only 1. you're the only one who persists with this 'we are the best' Bull. Not even on this thread, you are constantly being ridiculed on the Limerick threads by posters from teams who have actually WON the damn FAI cup. Keep dreaming. You only get bragging rights if you have something to back it up with, until then.

Pike were the biggest team last year at some stage too I remember and then they got hockeyed off their own pitch by who?............some crowd of Mayo buff's. Big team my a**e.

Keep it real my friend.

swift
25/10/2005, 12:02 AM
Well said gnasher about time someone put that dog out of his misery. Just because Fairview won the cup for a few years everyone down there is jumping on the band-wagon. By the way if anyone was at the Westaro Cup final on Sunday they would be changing their minds about Celtic. They were absolute rubbish and the only thing worse than them were the Boro. FAI Cup my arse they wont get out of Glenview for a start. Do I hear someone singing "What a waste of money".

mossy
25/10/2005, 8:59 AM
Just heard that the Conn FA have sided with the rules and have ordered a replay for the boro and celtic. They have also decided that Mr Kelly was never legal to play for Celtic this implies inter-alia that Celtic were illegal in their last few league games and also more importantly in their FAI game. So the league table needs adjusting and Celtic are out of the FAI cup !!!
As for the Dinosaur well the CFA went as far as they possibly could by informing him that he broke the rules not once with the transfer but also when he sat on the MAFL meeting to investigate his handling of the transfer. I presume that falling on one's sword and dignity is absent in this individual, so expect him to try to face down the howls of crititism at tonights meeting when his head and that of his cover up side kick are asked to roll. When will the Mayo clubs ever realise that they are being taken for a ride by these shower.

FahyForever
25/10/2005, 9:43 AM
Mossy, Can you (or anyone else!) tell me when the next round of the F.A.I Junior cup is on? Ballyheane V Fahy etc..... Thanks!

MULRANNY/BANGOR V WESTPORT/S&F
SHOULD BE THE PORT
MANULLA/CHARLESTOWN V BORO/CMORRIS
SHOULD BE MANULLA WITH A LITTLE HELP FROM REF McGRATH
CELTIC/KILLALA V BALLINA/ROBE
CELTIC'S HOME ADVANTAGE SHOULD SWING IT
BALLYHEANE/FAHY V GLENHEST/GLENISLAND
THE HEANE SHOULD PULL THROUGH
OUTSIDE CHANES FOR
1 CHARLESTOWN
2 BORO
3 BALLINA WITH NICKSY V CELTIC
4 FAHY NEVER SAY DIE
WHAT ODDS ON THE BIG FOUR THROUGH ? WITH APOLIGIES TO ERRIS
By the way has Connaught roasted the dinosaur ? The Meeting was last night so here's hoping that they rid of of this idiot !!

Manfred
25/10/2005, 11:16 AM
Just heard that the Conn FA have sided with the rules and have ordered a replay for the boro and celtic. They have also decided that Mr Kelly was never legal to play for Celtic this implies inter-alia that Celtic were illegal in their last few league games and also more importantly in their FAI game. So the league table needs adjusting and Celtic are out of the FAI cup !!!
As for the Dinosaur well the CFA went as far as they possibly could by informing him that he broke the rules not once with the transfer but also when he sat on the MAFL meeting to investigate his handling of the transfer. I presume that falling on one's sword and dignity is absent in this individual, so expect him to try to face down the howls of crititism at tonights meeting when his head and that of his cover up side kick are asked to roll. When will the Mayo clubs ever realise that they are being taken for a ride by these shower.

I do'nt want to rain on any one's parade, but it does appear that the Mayo League transfer deadline applies to domestic competition only. This would mean it does'nt apply to FAI or Con cup. A late clearance by Mayo rules , leaves him elligable for other comp. It still leaves the question over the last couple of league games, but is'nt there a time element here when clubs should object?
I still belive the only real losers here are S & F who have been left hanging, and unfortunatly, rolling heads wo'nt help them.
(How did mossy get into the connacht meeting?)

The Don
25/10/2005, 12:13 PM
Mossy, Can you (or anyone else!) tell me when the next round of the F.A.I Junior cup is on? Ballyheane V Fahy etc..... Thanks!

The next round is the 5/6 nov. A time limit of 3/4 days or so applies for objections but if clubs are bothered they can ask for a special investigation like Snugboro did over the Kelly affair. Could turn into a bit of a farce if clubs were to do this.

unbiased
25/10/2005, 10:22 PM
Any News From Meeting Last Night, Any Resignations Or Revelations

the only 1
26/10/2005, 4:43 AM
Listen, only 1. you're the only one who persists with this 'we are the best' Bull. Not even on this thread, you are constantly being ridiculed on the Limerick threads by posters from teams who have actually WON the damn FAI cup. Keep dreaming. You only get bragging rights if you have something to back it up with, until then.

Pike were the biggest team last year at some stage too I remember and then they got hockeyed off their own pitch by who?............some crowd of Mayo buff's. Big team my a**e.

Keep it real my friend.

i dont follow pike i play with granville just a limerick supporter il be back when yere teams get knocked will be sooner than later:) :) :) :) :) :

the only 1
26/10/2005, 5:20 AM

you blind as well as stupid what did i spell wrong?:D

FahyForever
26/10/2005, 10:14 AM
Well you spelt "you're" incorrectly in that message for a start. "I'll" in the previous one and "you" and "about" in the one before. I would hate to see you dealing with words over two syllables! "Wud" and "Dis", as used in another one of your thought-provoking missives are perfectly acceptable as examples of the queens English however.

The Don
26/10/2005, 10:26 AM
Fixtures for fai junior on the 13th Nov. Oscar Traynor now been played on the 6th.

the 12 th man
26/10/2005, 10:26 AM
Well you spelt "you're" incorrectly in that message for a start. "I'll" in the previous one and "you" and "about" in the one before. I would hate to see you dealing with words over two syllables! "Wud" and "Dis", as used in another one of your thought-provoking missives are perfectly acceptable as examples of the queens English however.

Lads can we keep it to football and leave out personal comments,
If you feel you must make your point use the P.M facility.

I'm not going to say this again.

LOOK AT THE "READ THIS BEFORE POSTING ON THIS FORUM" STICKY AT THE TOP OF THE FORUM
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FahyForever
26/10/2005, 12:42 PM
Fair enough, point taken. But surely poking a bit of harmless fun at someone's spelling hardly constitutes a personal attack? Lads were promising to kill each other last year over the FAI Junior cup! Only 1 adds smileys to his posts, he hardly seems like an aggressor. I was obviously messing (Did you not read the last line?) Chance a Cadbury's Caramel, they do wonders.

the 12 th man
26/10/2005, 2:31 PM
Fair enough, point taken. But surely poking a bit of harmless fun at someone's spelling hardly constitutes a personal attack? Lads were promising to kill each other last year over the FAI Junior cup! Only 1 adds smileys to his posts, he hardly seems like an aggressor. I was obviously messing (Did you not read the last line?) Chance a Cadbury's Caramel, they do wonders.

With all due respect,
I've seen many a thread like this escalate into "flame wars" that once started out with "bits of harmless slagging" type posts.Only 1's posts have prompted people to P.M me complaints about his post syle/manner and I have to say that I find myself in agreement on the whole about his contribution to this site.

I'm anything but a kill-joy I assure you, but my brief is to try and keep threads on topic and to head off any possible problem situations ..........
before they occur.

btw,prefer Moro;)

the only 1
26/10/2005, 7:03 PM

the way i was spelling was the text way you must not have a phone anyway we were only having a laugh:)

Manfred
27/10/2005, 8:32 AM
Any News From Meeting Last Night, Any Resignations Or Revelations
Little bit of a damp squib meeting. One man, not affected by the U21 situation, was an obvious plant to ask questions about the whole situation. Again, very little in the way of constructive discussion, nice tribute to the late Mary Walsh,decent financial statement (books are well kept), but I'm afraid that clubs will be told how the U21 situation is to be improved because not one delegate could see beyond their own set up.
Whose resignation were you looking for?
If clubs could concentrate on improving their own set up, then the whole Mayo soccer scene would improve (mind pennies, pounds take care of themselves!).
And what's with the local partnership? Looks positive, but who's really behind it?If it's being put togeather on the level it looks like a very good step.

swinfordfc
27/10/2005, 11:37 AM
So this weekend games Crossmolina to beat Ballinrobe and Charlestown to win promotion match. :D

Ron Bergundy
27/10/2005, 12:33 PM
not sure swinford fc,ballinrobe beat them twice already this year in the league and i fancy them to end their season beating them 3rd time 2-0!!!rumour has it gerry burke back for final!ya definately charlestown tho

The Don
27/10/2005, 1:17 PM
but I'm afraid that clubs will be told how the U21 situation is to be improved because not one delegate could see beyond their own set up.

I personally dont see the point with the under 21 team, players are already past their sale by date at this stage and even if they do go to a higher level its more than likely to be into the eircom league if they are lucky. I think its time the league sat back and maybe looked at alternative ways of improving the quality of its players. Perhaps taking the current coachs employed by the u-21 team and using them at younger age groups ?.

unbiased
27/10/2005, 5:20 PM
Would It Be Fair To Say That Eircom League Under 21 Teams Are Established Competitive Teams Built From An Introduction Of Players From Possibly 14 Years Of Age Up And Developed Within Their Clubs. Would It Make More Sense To Adapt The Same Policy In Mayo And Work Towards An Under 21 Team Rather Than Try And Put Together One Each Season.

Thunderblaster
27/10/2005, 6:47 PM
With regards to some forumites looking for resignations, it is really up to the clubs to sound out prospective individuals and call for a motion of no confidence in the members that they see fit for the bullet. Anyways, Pat Quigley wouldn't exactly be quaking in his boots reading foot.ie (he probably never, ever read it.)

Thunderblaster
27/10/2005, 6:49 PM
Heard on the grapevine that Westport United are going to get a Mayo People of the Year award for winning the FAI Junior Cup. Congrats to all involved in that particular club if the story is true.

unbiased
27/10/2005, 9:01 PM
thunderblaster - you are right in what you have stated.it is up to clubs to make more of an impression in to the representation of the feelings of what is the most important raw material of the club --- the players. it is not totally a case for looking for resignations for the sake of it, there is an apparent discontentment with the mayo league committee both on the outside and obviously on the evidence of this season, the inside of it, thus the question is, of all the clubs in mayo, why is the motions of no confidence proposed.manfred was correct in saying that clubs should concentrate on their own set up, but who exactly is the mayo league representing, i always assumed that they were the umbrella orgainsation for all clubs within mayo, to ensure every club was given the equal opportunity to prosper and develop.excuse me if i appear to be old fashioned in my perception of this idea, but lets face it, the mayo league are not building fast enough on the successess of teams such as westport, castlebar and others as well as the small clubs within the league. maybe pat quigley does not read this forum but i am sure he is pretty well informed of the topics discussed.

The Don
28/10/2005, 8:09 AM
.manfred was correct in saying that clubs should concentrate on their own set up,
The clubs in the League have spent the last ten years concentrating on their "set up". It is time however to show the results of this and I feel that a u-21 side is not the right vehicle to showcase up and coming talent. Top professional teams DO NOT watch eircom u-21 league fixtures to find the stars of tomorrow.

Thunderblaster
28/10/2005, 7:53 PM
Top professional teams DO NOT watch eircom u-21 league fixtures to find the stars of tomorrow.

Define top professional teams! Are they British teams or Shelbourne, Cork City and Bohemians? Surely some players are assessed and the better ones would be recommended to an Eircom League senior club. They are hardly playing under 21 just for the sake of a Saturday afternoon kickabout.

unbiased
31/10/2005, 4:57 PM
does anyone know why the s & f utd and charlestown game was called off

The Stars
31/10/2005, 6:39 PM
waterlogged pitch i think...

swinfordfc
01/11/2005, 3:43 PM
Lads
it was genisland utd against charlestown not s + f utd

johnmayo
01/11/2005, 5:53 PM
If the game was to be in Milebush, the pitch was in not too bad of a condition after the Crossmolina Ballinrobe game. There was a torrential downpour during the first half of the game on sunday but it seemed to dry up pretty quickly later on.

Fair Play
01/11/2005, 5:56 PM
Best of luck to Leo Tierney and the Mayo squad in next Sunday's 1st Round Oscar Traynor Cup tie versus the Donegal League at Milebush. Mayo look strong this year with the Westport players on board, and will be challenging strongly to get to the latter stages of the competition. It would be great to see a big crowd at Milebush, and supoort the players.

unbiased
01/11/2005, 7:25 PM
heard that the charlestown v s&f Utd 'b' promotion/relegation game is down for this sunday in swinford. apparently milebush was deemed unplayable after the crossmolina v ballinrobe game.

gnasher
02/11/2005, 4:31 PM
Best of luck to Leo Tierney and the Mayo squad in next Sunday's 1st Round Oscar Traynor Cup tie versus the Donegal League at Milebush. Mayo look strong this year with the Westport players on board, and will be challenging strongly to get to the latter stages of the competition. It would be great to see a big crowd at Milebush, and supoort the players.

Absolutely, after all the debacles with U21 teams and squads it'll be nice to see the real cream of the Mayo League take the field for a meaningful competition. Although, lets get the ball rolling with some debate on the squad.

On the 'Port side I see from the Mayo News that 'Lovejoy' is in the squad (about bleedin time!), and that Danny Scahill is not (he's only the best box to box midfielder in the county - DOH!). So what's up with the selectors.

That said, I'm basing my post on the report in the paper and who am I to challenge the media - everything they say is gospel.

gnasher
02/11/2005, 4:33 PM
Ah sorry boys, I forgot all these (:rolleyes: :rolleyes: ) at the end of that last post