PDA

View Full Version : Another friendly

pineapple stu
02/03/2005, 5:27 PM
We're playing the Irish Amateurs in the AUL on Monday the 7th of March at 7:00 - FAI website (http://www.fai.ie/article.asp?hlid=259084&Title=Friendlies+arranged&lid=Main+News&sub=Friendlies+arranged&navlid=&sublid=)

lefty
02/03/2005, 7:02 PM
Why all the games against sh*t oppossition? If you give Pete Mahon a ring or chat to him on Saturday I'm sure that you could get a game for the Supporters against the College.

Roo69
02/03/2005, 8:26 PM
Why all the games against sh*t oppossition? If you give Pete Mahon a ring or chat to him on Saturday I'm sure that you could get a game for the Supporters against the College.

5 on 11 is hardly fair now is it ? :D only kidden, sure jesus we have Skerries Town on Sunday !

lefty
03/03/2005, 9:24 AM
I'm just wondering what benefit playing really crap teams has for a newly promoted team. Good for trying out new tactics and players, but am i the only one who thinks that the match against Shels could be a baptism of fire for the lads following friendlies against Monaghan, Kilkenny and the AUL.

And we could muster 11 men for a match, any news on the supporters teams playing each other. UCD fans against Drogheda fans would be very nice

Schumi
03/03/2005, 11:23 AM
Where is the AUL?

Bald Student
03/03/2005, 12:13 PM
Where is the AUL?Near the Airport.

pineapple stu
03/03/2005, 12:27 PM
I'm just wondering what benefit playing really crap teams has for a newly promoted team.
Made the same point on the friendlies thread - someone said that clubs don't go for playing friendlies against other clubs in the same division - which makes sense, I suppose. And I can't think of any game so far which has featured Premier v. Premier or First v. First. Longford, Shels, Drogs and Pat's at least are all heading abroad for friendlies (though all Pat's' were cancelled 'cos of the weather!). That said, I think playing Longford, Dublin City, Drogs and Pat's last year was a factor in the ease we beat Bray in the Carlisle in the first game of the season.

The AUL's in Clonshaugh.

Roo69
03/03/2005, 12:39 PM
Made the same point on the friendlies thread - someone said that clubs don't go for playing friendlies against other clubs in the same division - which makes sense, I suppose. And I can't think of any game so far which has featured Premier v. Premier or First v. First. Longford, Shels, Drogs and Pat's at least are all heading abroad for friendlies (though all Pat's' were cancelled 'cos of the weather!). That said, I think playing Longford, Dublin City, Drogs and Pat's last year was a factor in the ease we beat Bray in the Carlisle in the first game of the season.
The AUL's in Clonshaugh.

very true, but i don't think the fact that we could'nt kick snow off a rope that night helped our cause ! worst preformance that i can ever remember froma Bray side.

Poor Student
03/03/2005, 4:24 PM
Maybe for our last friendly we should have tried to get a game against a decent Northern side. Given we can't really play EL Prem opposition or those from shores abroad that would be as tough as it would get although impractical considering their season has started and we are no commercial draw to go out of your way to play.