PDA

View Full Version : EL mag falls through

padjoe
02/03/2005, 11:36 AM
an eircom league magazine which was due to begin publication next month has fallen through due to financial difficulties. a number of months ago i came on here hoping to produce an eircom league mag but when i heard that a similar magazine was at a very advanced stage i abandoned my project and joined this other one. interviews were conducted before christmas but the source of funding failed to come through. and the magazine has fallen through although efforts are currently being made by the individual to kickstart it again.

A face
02/03/2005, 1:47 PM
although efforts are currently being made by the individual to kickstart it again.

Might i suggest contacting Dave at Spotter Mag (http://www.spottermag.com/) and see what he pitfalls are.

jimhacker
02/03/2005, 2:02 PM
Might i suggest contacting Dave at Spotter Mag (http://www.spottermag.com/) and see what he pitfalls are.

Isee you've grabbed one of my posts. Should I be flattered or offended?

Cheers.

CuanaD
02/03/2005, 3:00 PM

Cheers.

flattered of course :D

drinkfeckarse
02/03/2005, 3:18 PM
Is Dave Alec Ludzik's son? I suppose it will be, it's not as if it's a regular Cork surname :p

A face
03/03/2005, 2:18 AM

I dunno .... wasn't really thinkin' about you when clickin' on paste ... just some of the guys in the Derrynane side that spue some of this verbal vomit any chance they can, i really dont know about some of them ... there is a serious want in half them.

A face
03/03/2005, 2:20 AM
Alec Ludzik

The great man himself !! ... yeah it is.

drinkfeckarse
03/03/2005, 7:51 AM
The great man himself !! ... yeah it is.

I thought it would be alright, I played against him loads of times when he was with City youths. Always find it interesting to hear about what players I used to know are doing these days.

jimhacker
03/03/2005, 9:14 AM
I dunno .... wasn't really thinkin' about you when clickin' on paste ... just some of the guys in the Derrynane side that spue some of this verbal vomit any chance they can, i really dont know about some of them ... there is a serious want in half them.

Most of the denizens of the Derrynane are solid, sane Georgie fans - we have to be because we're so close to the players!!

BohDiddley
03/03/2005, 1:45 PM
an eircom league magazine which was due to begin publication next month has fallen through due to financial difficulties. a number of months ago i came on here hoping to produce an eircom league mag but when i heard that a similar magazine was at a very advanced stage i abandoned my project and joined this other one. interviews were conducted before christmas but the source of funding failed to come through. and the magazine has fallen through although efforts are currently being made by the individual to kickstart it again.

That's a great pity. I think there could be a great mag there. Any more detail on why it didn't happen? Sounds like they were pretty organized ...

Is the Cork mag still on the go? Not sure I understand the logic of limiting its appeal to one city ... but then I'm not from Cork ;)

A face
03/03/2005, 1:55 PM
Like any magazine ... sponsorship / adverts is the biggest hurdle ..... you wont run it on selling costs along, in fact the selling numbers is only a means of getting more advertising.

But yeah ... appealing to just one City is a tall order.

In my opinion, eL mag wouldn't work ..... it needs to be an irish football mag.

It would be good if any info was made available to anyone else would wanted to have a go, to let them know what needs to be looked at.

padjoe
04/03/2005, 10:10 AM
Like any magazine ... sponsorship / adverts is the biggest hurdle ..... you wont run it on selling costs along, in fact the selling numbers is only a means of getting more advertising.

But yeah ... appealing to just one City is a tall order.

In my opinion, eL mag wouldn't work ..... it needs to be an irish football mag.

It would be good if any info was made available to anyone else would wanted to have a go, to let them know what needs to be looked at.

how indepth into irish football would you go? everything across the board. would there not be a danger of certain areas of irish football accusing the editor of not being fair and providing the same significant amount as maybe another area.

Ranger
04/03/2005, 11:03 AM
Pity about this. There is a real void for the market for a mag for the Eircom League and Irish Soccer in general.
Many have tried and many have failed from
The Soccer Reporter - the origonal
Irish Soccer Magazine -easily the best effort,
Kicker??,
11 a side - very poor only an advertising mag for non footie people latching onto the Irish teams populatity!!

Ranger

BohDiddley
04/03/2005, 11:03 AM
No point in ruling anything out. I'd even have a section for schoolkids. Seems to me that everybody aged 5 to 15 is playing football these days. That'd widen the appeal a lot, not least to advertisers who want to sell SUVs to the daddies who grew up as egg-chasers themselves.
But the top slot would surely be EL. Sure, put in the odd bit of Humphries-sytle guff about Keano or Duff as cover-fodder and a sop to the ole brigade, but keep most of it real and focussed on the Irish scene.