PDA

View Full Version : longford vrs sligo rovers

Rory H
02/03/2005, 10:44 AM
best of luck tonight..hopefully no injuries and ill be happy...i think you might be a bit suprised by us....it wont be 3 or 4 nil anyway:}

Maz
02/03/2005, 10:50 AM
Should be a good game! Many travelling from sligo?

Longfordian
03/03/2005, 2:02 AM
Longford 1 Sligo 0. Town did what was necessary but weren't really at their best, some looked a little sluggish after a hard week's training the previous week. The Glentoran spies present wouldn't have gone away fearing the worst. Town's goal came from Andy Myler shortly before half time poking home after a corner wasn't cleared. Sligo played well, moving the ball around well and overall made it hard for us. We'll see what Kildare on Saturday brings now.

Maz
03/03/2005, 9:48 AM
Yeah i was impressed with Sligo they played some nice football throughout and made it hard for us although they was a fair bit of testing players on our part!!

Martinho II
03/03/2005, 8:25 PM
i heard on the grapevine at last nights game that vinny perth did not attend the customary squad photo and a reliable source told me that vinny has departed the club. sad to see that day come but i would like to thank vinny for his excellent service to the club and hopefully he will get a new club soon.

Longfordian
03/03/2005, 9:01 PM
He was talking about not bothering getting another club seemingly. I hope that's not the case as he still has a lot to offer but whatever he does he'll always be a Town legend. Sad to see ya go Vinny, best of luck in everything!

Macy
04/03/2005, 8:33 AM
I heard that Vinny was meeting another Premier club last night. Fairly clear he's not getting his contract renewed anyway.

Pity there isn't room at the club, but I maintain my position that it had to be on playing merit.

Best of luck Vinny, Town legend.

observer
04/03/2005, 8:52 AM
Longford will never have a player so committed to the cause but football is cruel once a player starts to slow up. Everyone will certainly wish him well and he will be remembered as one of the greats of Longford Town.
I believe he can still make a great contribution to any developing young team and certainly any First Division outfit with ambition should be banging on his door. I would be surprised if an old fellow player with Longford by the name of Kelly dos'nt try to keep him in the midlands. Best of luck Vinnie wherever you go.

Longfordian
04/03/2005, 11:56 AM
Rumour has it he's off to Pats, would be a good move for Vinny. He could be teaming up with The Man With The Tan again!.

Macy
04/03/2005, 12:31 PM
Rumour has it he's off to Pats, would be a good move for Vinny. He could be teaming up with The Man With The Tan again!.
Yeah, that's what I heard last night - in talks with them. Infairness he'd get in ahead of prancer.....

Longfordian
04/03/2005, 1:11 PM
Definitely. Must admit I was pretty surprised when I heard they'd signed Holt, you don't usually get released by Monaghan and move up a division.

observer
04/03/2005, 2:05 PM
Todays mirror says Pats are very eager to sign Vinnie. Hope he signs as he has a lot to offer still (considerably more than Holt).

Macy
04/03/2005, 2:36 PM
Must admit I was pretty surprised when I heard they'd signed Holt, you don't usually get released by Monaghan and move up a division.
wws has always rated him from the time they were kids. Only reason I can come up with anyway.

Longfordian
04/03/2005, 2:43 PM
Saw something about that on the Pats MB..Something about his Napoli shirt :D ..Also where he goes "lads, he's not as good as ye think he is", damn right he's not..Ah still maybe he's improved. Doubtful though

Martinho II
04/03/2005, 7:21 PM
i heard it confirmed from a reliable source that vinny has joined pats. so at least we can give the legend the sendoff he deserves when he comes up to us.

best of luck vincent!

Pauro 76
05/03/2005, 7:17 PM
Sad to see Vinny go, a legend with red and black blood. A player who the fans relate to, and a player who always had a special bond with us. Farewell Vinny and best of luck with Pats and hope he's as much of a cult hero there too. :(

Dillo
06/03/2005, 1:02 PM
Shame to see Vincenzo go but that's football. He always gave 100% and will go down as a Town legend. Athlone would be a good move for Vinny as he would link up with Stephen Kelly and another few Town recruits. He'd do a decent job for them too.

Farewell Vinny. You'll always hold a special place in our hearts and will always be welcomed back to the Flansiro with open arms.