pete
02/03/2005, 9:03 AM
Only 2 choices, Dolan or Lennox...

thecorner
02/03/2005, 9:03 AM
dolan........

ollie
02/03/2005, 9:05 AM
a hesitated vote for lennox.we'll have to trust him on this one.

GavinZac
02/03/2005, 9:06 AM
****e, i meant to vote for dolan...

SÓC
02/03/2005, 9:06 AM
I'd rather a 3rd option

"3. Neither, they're both children"

GavinZac
02/03/2005, 9:10 AM
I'd rather a 3rd option

"3. Neither, they're both children"

true, that was true when they were at odds with each other. lennox has taken it too far now.

Peadar
02/03/2005, 9:15 AM
lennox has taken it too far now.

This is business, Gav.
The man whose capital is financing the business is correct to protect his investment. When Pat Dolan owns his own club he can run it however he likes.

thecorner
02/03/2005, 9:18 AM
This is business, Gav.
When Pat Dolan owns his own club he can run it however he likes.

and wrong way to run a business

this crap"im boss and its either my way or the highway" will only get u so far

its a case of now, if u disagree with me,ur gone

pete
02/03/2005, 9:24 AM
Please keep comments just to Poll as already thread on Dolans sacking. Otherwise all threads gonna be merged.

I voted Lennox.

Peadar
02/03/2005, 9:25 AM

I don't think it is.
Football is much more fragile a business than many others.
If you delay too long, you go out of business.
Look at the damage done to the morale in the club by Dolan going to the press about club matters.
Now that's a bad business policy.
He naturally tries to make an enemy of everyone.
Cork City FC will be all the better for this brave decision by our chairman.

GavinZac
02/03/2005, 9:25 AM

this crap"im boss and its either my way or the highway" will only get u so far

its a case of now, if u disagree with me,ur gone

true.
this sacking is nothing to do with protecting his investment. its about him getting the last word in a stupid arguement, and the club has suffered for it.

James
02/03/2005, 9:28 AM
Brian has my personal support 100% in this

Risteard
02/03/2005, 9:39 AM
true.
this sacking is nothing to do with protecting his investment. its about him getting the last word in a stupid arguement, and the club has suffered for it.
So he doesn't care about the pay-off?

Lennox is no fool.

GavinZac
02/03/2005, 9:49 AM
So he doesn't care about the pay-off?
it would seem so

liamon
02/03/2005, 9:52 AM
true.
I very much doubt that. Lennox is the chairman. He owns the club. If the team manager doesn't support Lennox's views on the fututre direction of the club, then this is the only probably outcome.

Lennox has been working for the good of CCFC for years. He has always acted in the best interests of the club. I trust him.

100%

thecorner
02/03/2005, 9:57 AM
. If the team manager doesn't support Lennox's views on the fututre direction of the club,

nothing wrong with having the ambition that your chairman lacks

wws
02/03/2005, 9:59 AM
Lennox all the way. Dolan is sooooo childish in his public dealings and professional relationships its unreal. Grow up Pat ffs

GavinZac
02/03/2005, 10:02 AM
Lennox all the way. Dolan is sooooo childish in his public dealings and professional relationships its unreal. Grow up Pat ffs

he wasnt the only one being childish

dahamsta
02/03/2005, 10:05 AM
Lennox. His team, his call, and tbh from the outside looking in I find it hard to believe Dolan isn't getting his comeuppance. However it's sad to see him go. I thought Lennox and Dolan would continue to tag team their way up to the top, but it seems the egos weren't compatible. I only hope Lennox takes on another manager as progressive and proactive as Dolan.

adam

wws
02/03/2005, 10:06 AM
any response from Colm on all of this?????

he was rabidly pro dolan no matter what - twould be interesting to hear his take on all this

GavinZac
02/03/2005, 10:07 AM

he was rabidly pro dolan no matter what - twould be interesting to hear his take on all this

he was on the radio last night

and could non-city fans please stop rigging this poll? :mad: :)

thecorner
02/03/2005, 10:08 AM
I only hope Lennox takes on another manager as progressive and proactive as Dolan.

dont know all about that

seems he cant handle strong caracthers

wws
02/03/2005, 10:09 AM

I didnt vote in the poll - just posted in the discussion!

James
02/03/2005, 10:12 AM

well we have a longford fan voted in the poll for dolan and a harps fan exiled in cork voting for lennox so its balanced out on that front

patsh
02/03/2005, 10:18 AM
Isn't this poll rather ridiculous?

I'm pro-Cork City in all of this, not for or against either man.
A poll like this merely gives the idiots who want division at our club, the chance to spew theior venom at anyone they see as being on the other side.

GavinZac
02/03/2005, 10:20 AM
Isn't this poll rather ridiculous?

I'm pro-Cork City in all of this, not for or against either man.
A poll like this merely gives the idiots who want division at our club, the chance to spew theior venom at anyone they see as being on the other side.

true. thecorner, there is a middle ground here.

Gary
02/03/2005, 10:20 AM

jUST BECAUSE ITS NOT THE WAY YOU WANT IT TO GO, doesnt mean its being hijacked by non city fans.

anyway -
well we have a longford fan voted in the poll for dolan and a harps fan exiled in cork voting for lennox so its balanced out on that front

For the record, i went for Lennox. I feel that under the circumstances he had no other choice. Had he not stood up and be counted, he was leaving himself to be trampled on in the future.

GavinZac
02/03/2005, 10:21 AM
jUST BECAUSE ITS NOT THE WAY YOU WANT IT TO GO, doesnt mean its being hijacked by non city fans.

christ calm down it was a joke, hence the :)

Maz
02/03/2005, 10:22 AM
I personally feel sorry for Dolan Cork knew he was outspoken and had his own way of doing things before he joined! From nothing yez had an amazing run in Europe and finished 2nd in the league! He brought in quality players and changed football in cork! I voted for Dolan!

btw arent polls supposed to be put up so general public cant see whos voting!!! ffs

thecorner
02/03/2005, 10:23 AM
true. thecorner, there is a middle ground here.

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

GavinZac
02/03/2005, 10:26 AM
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

neither party is completely blameless, while lennox overstepped the mark by sacking dolan, dolan did much to precipitate it himself, lennox wasnt fighting with himself.

pete
02/03/2005, 10:29 AM
IMO you either support the decision of Lennox or you do not in which case you support Dolan. I don't like Polls with 3 shades or Yes & 3 more for No.

I think poll results largely reflecting the votes on the "Dolan can he stay...?" from few days ago.

harry crumb
02/03/2005, 10:30 AM
I want to know the reasons for the sacking before I can decide who I am behind.

But, for a chairman who has said on many occasions that he just wants to work behind the scenes and remain faceless, he certainly has made his presence felt.

Peadar
02/03/2005, 10:30 AM
From nothing yez had an amazing run in Europe and finished 2nd in the league!

How was it from nothing?
I don't expect that you will have an informed knowledge of Cork City FC but we weren't relegation fodder who suddenly became title contenders as soon as Dolan arrived.

Maz
02/03/2005, 10:31 AM
You werent title contenders either before he arrived!

GavinZac
02/03/2005, 10:33 AM
How was it from nothing?
I don't expect that you will have an informed knowledge of Cork City FC but we weren't relegation fodder who suddenly became title contenders as soon as Dolan arrived.

in 2001/2002 we couldnt win at home.
in 2002/2003 we couldnt win away.

were you calling for murphys head in 2003?

Gary
02/03/2005, 10:34 AM
christ calm down it was a joke, hence the :)

I left caps lock on, and couldnt be arsed deleting and typing it again.
;)

Peadar
02/03/2005, 10:37 AM
were you calling for murphys head in 2003?

No, I wasn't.
I'll leave you to research that yourself.

It would be very ignorant of anyone to suggest that Dolan made the team.
Liam Murphy had done all the ground work and had brought in most of the players Dolan used.

Maz
02/03/2005, 10:38 AM
who said he made the team but he helped it along and made changes!

Peadar
02/03/2005, 10:43 AM
who said he made the team but he helped it along and made changes!

So you are now going back on your original statement, suggesting that we came "from nothing"?

thecorner
02/03/2005, 10:44 AM
No, I wasn't.

Liam Murphy had done all the ground work and had brought in most of the players Dolan used.

like kearney,fenn,doyler,danny murphy,dan murray,joe gamble..........

Cityfeen
02/03/2005, 11:52 AM
i voted lennox cos of his interview with redfm where he asked the fans to bare with him.im willing to do so.
but Damo has to be the next manager imo.

Colm
02/03/2005, 11:53 AM

To be honest I don't know what to think yet wws.
Having spoken to Brian Lennox last night, I respect his decision and understand that there are valid reasons behind it.
However, I still wish Pat Dolan was manager of Cork City FC and think that this is a step backwards.
I just hope that Rico is capable of carrying on the absolutely fantastic job that Dolan did and at the moment I'm not sure if he is.

thecorner
02/03/2005, 12:01 PM
I just hope that Rico is capable of carrying on the absolutely fantastic job that Dolan did and at the moment I'm not sure if he is.

this is the main point of all

isnt rico gonna want to build his own team which means city have gone back in time again

Gary
02/03/2005, 12:12 PM

Kearney - coming home anyway

Fenn - Dolans signing. Good player, but has yet to really show his worth

Danny Murphy - He contacted City asking for a trial, he wasnt a 'find' of Dolans.

Dan Murray - I think he had more or less agreed to stay with City while Gunther was in Charge

Gamble - see Kearney

Doyler - Credit to Dolan. best ever City signing IMO.

-----------------------

Lads, all of this is idle hearsay and counter conjecture. The fact of the matter is, is that none of us know the facts - some may think they do, but apart from the 'inner circle' within the club and possibly OSC, i doubt anyone knows all the facts. We can argue and complain and name call, but its alll useless.

Im sure when the facts actually do surface, we'll all know then who was 'right' and who was 'wrong'.

Troy.McClure
02/03/2005, 12:15 PM

kearney, would have gone to Bohz, so thank Stephen Kenny for him
fenn, doesnt get his game
doyler, the only great signing made by Dolan
danny murphy, came to the club off his own back, not by Dolan tracking him
dan murray, I thought was Gunther's signing
joe gamble, would have come to Cork regardless

Youre forgetting
Lopez,
Nwanko
Casey
Hedderman
and probably others that were so forgettable I cant remember them

The best singings in this teams have been made by Gunther & credit Lennox with coughing up the cash to keep those players when they became stars.

thecorner
02/03/2005, 12:16 PM
Kearney - coming home anyway

Fenn - Dolans signing. Good player, but has yet to really show his worth

Danny Murphy - He contacted City asking for a trial, he wasnt a 'find' of Dolans.

Dan Murray - I think he had more or less agreed to stay with City while Gunther was in Charge

Gamble - see Kearney

Doyler - Credit to Dolan. best ever City signing IMO.

-----------------------

almost the whole backbone of the side and u cant give them credit

players often move clubs for whatever reason,doesnt make any less of a player

Risteard
02/03/2005, 12:17 PM
There should be an interview or two in the Echo.
Surely they've been on to Lennox.

What time is that out about?
2?

James
02/03/2005, 12:18 PM
and possibly OSC,

thats the CCOSC btw :)

but yea other then that typo, fair comments gary
which is why until i hear anything to the contrary I am going to focus 100% on supporting Cork City Football Club, its players, backroom staff and everyone involved.

Lads it was mentioned before the season in only weeks away, lets try and unite and get behind the team who will still need the support of the best group of fans in the country. anything other then this will only hand $h€l$ the advantage

Gary
02/03/2005, 1:06 PM
almost the whole backbone of the side and u cant give them credit

players often move clubs for whatever reason,doesnt make any less of a player

At no point did I disparage any of the players, they are the spine of the team, and are very good players.